email problem

D'Arcy
When I try to get my mail I receive an alert box that says "cannot write
email to your mailbox.Make sure the file system allows you write
privileges and that you have enough disk space to copy to the mailbox."
I can't locate anyplace to investigate this matter further. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

D'Arcy Barrett.

Re: email problem

gwtc-3
D'Arcy wrote:

> When I try to get my mail I receive an alert box that says "cannot write
> email to your mailbox.Make sure the file system allows you write
> privileges and that you have enough disk space to copy to the mailbox."
> I can't locate anyplace to investigate this matter further. Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> D'Arcy Barrett.
Two things to try:

1.  File, Compact Folders.  Does that help?

2.  If no, then close TB, and locate the mail section of your profile.
  Within it there are files that end in .msf.  These are index files
and can become a problem. When you find the one for inbox.msf, then
just delete it.  Don't worry, because TB will re-create it when restarted.

To locate your profile, you can see this:
http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#locate

But first, if you're using windows, then your profile is hidden, so
you have to unhide window files and you can do that by reading this:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

Furthermore, there are new newsgroups that you should be aware of, and
they are:

MOZILLA: The Mozilla Suite (Thunderbird and Firefox users, please
subscribe there!)

The Seamonkey project (suite continuation)

FIREFOX: "Browser only" application.

THUNDERBIRD:  "eMail only" application.

All other products

Other Groups of Interest:

FOR TESTING THINGS:
To test anything on your eMailer or Browser (HTML stuff, graphics etc)
use these Test groups

Only group which allows non-plaintext posting

--
Time for a change

Re: email problem

Klaus Krtschil
D'Arcy schrieb:
> When I try to get my mail I receive an alert box that says "cannot write
> email to your mailbox.Make sure the file system allows you write
> privileges and that you have enough disk space to copy to the mailbox."
> I can't locate anyplace to investigate this matter further. Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> D'Arcy Barrett.
I think this type of question belongs to mozilla.support.thunderbird

Klaus

--
Linux User #54760
Fingerprint: 890bdbdeaa3ddab07bac87a3115d553a

Re: email problem

Chris Ilias-2
_gwtc_ spoke thusly on 02/02/2006 12:36 AM:
> Furthermore, there are new newsgroups that you should be aware of, and
> they are:

A lot of people have been experiencing ghost news accounts in their
prefs.js file, as a result of clicking on direct links to servers they
already have set up. When redirecting someone to a group on the same
server, best to just give them the name of the group, instead of posting
a link.
--
Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

Re: email problem

gwtc-3
Chris Ilias wrote:

> _gwtc_ spoke thusly on 02/02/2006 12:36 AM:
>
>>Furthermore, there are new newsgroups that you should be aware of, and
>>they are:
>

> A lot of people have been experiencing ghost news accounts in their
> prefs.js file, as a result of clicking on direct links to servers they
> already have set up. When redirecting someone to a group on the same
> server, best to just give them the name of the group, instead of posting
> a link.
Okey dokey!

--
Time for a change