drag drop cursor

Daniel Wagner
Hi.
Is it possible to change cursor during drag'n'drop within window?
In docs I have found that I can set mozCursor 'auto' or 'default' but it does not suit my needs. I would like to set cursor to 'move'.
I have tried to set it in dragover event but then it started to flicker.

Re: drag drop cursor

Neil-4
Daniel Wagner wrote:

>Is it possible to change cursor during drag'n'drop within window?
>In docs I have found that I can set mozCursor 'auto' or 'default' but it does not suit my needs. I would like to set cursor to 'move'.
>I have tried to set it in dragover event but then it started to flicker.

Isn't 'move' the default drag'n'drop cursor? The other two options are
'copy' and 'link'.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

Re: drag drop cursor

Daniel Wagner
On Wednesday, June 12, 2013 10:53:07 PM UTC+2, Neil wrote:

> Daniel Wagner wrote:
>

> >Is it possible to change cursor during drag'n'drop within window?
>
> >In docs I have found that I can set mozCursor 'auto' or 'default' but it does not suit my needs. I would like to set cursor to 'move'.
>
> >I have tried to set it in dragover event but then it started to flicker.
>

> Isn't 'move' the default drag'n'drop cursor? The other two options are
>
> 'copy' and 'link'.
>

> --
>
> Warning: May contain traces of nuts.

I have this cursor:
http://telcontar.net/Misc/screeniecursors/Cursor%20drag%20move.png
and I would like to see this one:
http://www.boardingkennels.org/css/move-cursor.jpg
or this
http://www.worldtimzone.com/mozilla/testcase/css3cursors_files/grabbing.gif

Re: drag drop cursor

Neil-4
Daniel Wagner wrote:

>Is it possible to change cursor during drag'n'drop within window?
>In docs I have found that I can set mozCursor 'auto' or 'default'

The 'default' cursor seems to have been a hack created so that dragging
tabs doesn't use the system drag'n'drop cursor on Windows. I don't know
whether the other platforms even allow you to override the drag'n'drop
cursor.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.