dist/lib

Peter Weilbacher
Can somebody indicate to me how the "exporting" to dist/lib works in the
build system? I.e. what do I have to put into a Makefile(.in) to make a
lib get exported there? Additionally, which change made
dist/lib/components disappear between 1.7 and 1.8?

Thanks,
   Peter.

Re: dist/lib

Benjamin Smedberg
Peter Weilbacher wrote:
> Can somebody indicate to me how the "exporting" to dist/lib works in the
> build system? I.e. what do I have to put into a Makefile(.in) to make a
> lib get exported there? Additionally, which change made
> dist/lib/components disappear between 1.7 and 1.8?

It has to be a static library (we don't copy sharedlibs into dist/lib)

http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/config/rules.mk#656

In static builds dist/lib/components still contains the static component
libs that end up in the static binary. There was no reason to put the
dynamic component libs in dist/lib

--BDS

Re: dist/lib

Peter Weilbacher
Benjamin Smedberg wrote:

> Peter Weilbacher wrote:
>> Can somebody indicate to me how the "exporting" to dist/lib works in the
>> build system? I.e. what do I have to put into a Makefile(.in) to make a
>> lib get exported there? Additionally, which change made
>> dist/lib/components disappear between 1.7 and 1.8?
>
> It has to be a static library (we don't copy sharedlibs into dist/lib)
>
> http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/config/rules.mk#656
>
> In static builds dist/lib/components still contains the static component
> libs that end up in the static binary. There was no reason to put the
> dynamic component libs in dist/lib

I see, that makes sense. Apart from one stupid test on OS/2 which
requires wdgtos2.lib when linking. But I guess we can just change it's
Makefile to point to widget/src/os2 instead of dist/lib/components.

Thanks!
   Peter.