differences on building mozilla suite on Solaris 8 and Solaris 10?

differences on building mozilla suite on Solaris 8 and Solaris 10?

Dark-3
I'm building the mozilla suite on some Solaris boxes and I noticed there
is a subfolder containing different .mk files for each version of
Solaris, eg:

$ ls mozilla/security/coreconf/Sun*.mk

SunOS5.10.mk
SunOS5.6.mk
SunOS5.7.mk
SunOS5.8.mk
SunOS5.9.mk

What's the purpose of these files?
Doing a diff on them it says just:

$diff SunOS5.X.mk SunOS5.Y.mk [where X,Y in 6..10]

< # Config stuff for SunOS5.X
---
 > # Config stuff for SunOS5.Y
< ifeq ($(OS_RELEASE),5.X)
<       OS_DEFINES += -DSOLARIS2_X
---
 > ifeq ($(OS_RELEASE),5.Y)
 >       OS_DEFINES += -DSOLARIS2_Y

So, is the build process really different if launched on different
Solaris versions? If yes, which is the difference?
(I tried to build on Solaris 8 and then to launch the binaries in
Solaris 10 without any problem.)

Re: differences on building mozilla suite on Solaris 8 and Solaris 10?

Christian Biesinger
Dark wrote:
> I'm building the mozilla suite on some Solaris boxes and I noticed there
> is a subfolder containing different .mk files for each version of
> Solaris, eg:
>
> $ ls mozilla/security/coreconf/Sun*.mk

You should probably ask in npm.crypto...