did you have a bad apple!?

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
I always knew a MAC was bad for you:
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/?p=2319

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: did you have a bad apple!?

PhillipJones
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> I always knew a MAC was bad for you: http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/?p=2319

Did you read the comments.

Since all new computers basically use the same type components to build
their computers I expect if there is any danger, there would be Danger
in New Desktop PC's as well.

I expect that French group just has a thing against Macs and want to
stir up controversy. Or they don't no their backside from a Hole in the
ground.

I went to a computer shop twice this week to get a new Hard Drive to
replace the original Hard Drive on my G4-500 (about 6-8 years old).
First to get one second to swap it for another new one it (the
originally was making a Funny noise).

He had several Brand new Gateways running  (new ones) and they had an
unusual smell to them.

Also when you buy a new Car that new car smell you have for the first
few months are the very same chemicals they are talking about.

So it no big deal. after a two or three weeks it goes away.

Hmmm? Maybe that why I have to now use a CPAP machine to sleep at night.

Re: did you have a bad apple!?

Moz Champion (Dan)
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> I always knew a MAC was bad for you: http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/?p=2319

I would like to see the report on parts per million in the air around
one of these Mac Pros.

In the United States the limit is .5 ppm for benzene or 5ppm for 15
minutes in high density situations.

Trace amounts of benzene may result whenever carbon-rich materials
undergo incomplete combustion. It is produced in volcanoes and forest
fires, and is also a component of cigarette smoke

So simply stating that 'some' benzene was found airborne around a Mac
Pro computer is not quite proving anything.

The current Apple official response is
get a reading of benzene levels around your computer and communicate
that data to us. Even the French report doesn't state levels, just that
some toxins were found in air samples from around Mac Pros, including
benzene.

It is also unclear at this point whether the Mac Pros in question were
the ones produced in China, or also included the ones produced in
California. Only those produced prior to the summer of 2007 are
suspected in any case.

Re: did you have a bad apple!?

Blinky the Shark
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:

> He had several Brand new Gateways running  (new ones) and they had an
> unusual smell to them.

It happens.

http://www.myextralife.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/mouse-dead.jpg

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Re: did you have a bad apple!?

Ed Mullen
Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
>
>> He had several Brand new Gateways running  (new ones) and they had an
>> unusual smell to them.
>
> It happens.
>
> http://www.myextralife.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/mouse-dead.jpg

Pretty expensive mouse trap!  I think I'd invest in some cheese or
peanut butter.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Re: did you have a bad apple!?

squaredancer
On 03.10.2008 05:45, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Blinky the
Shark to generate the following:? :

> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
>

>> He had several Brand new Gateways running  (new ones) and they had an
>> unusual smell to them.
>>

> It happens.
>
> http://www.myextralife.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/mouse-dead.jpg

hmmmm - is that what a car-driver would call a "dead" end ??

reg

Re: did you have a bad apple!?

PhillipJones
Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
>
>> He had several Brand new Gateways running  (new ones) and they had an
>> unusual smell to them.
>
> It happens.
>
> http://www.myextralife.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/mouse-dead.jpg

Well it wasn't quite that smell :-D

By the way I am familiar with that particular situation.

When I went to tech school for electronics, as a requisite for getting
any grades, required you to get a job at a Local TV shop. Or somewhere
that required services of of a TV Technician.

This was back in very early 70's, late 60's. So this was back in the day
of electron Tubes. We had a set come in That had smell as referenced by
your jpg file. the critter in question walked across a burn out fuse
that was wired between two terminal strips. when it walked over the fuse
it completed the circuit. It was stiff as a Poker.