dictionaries survey

Axel Hecht
Hi folks,

we'd like to gather some information about dictionaries out there in
opensource land.

I created a wiki page to dump that stuff to, see
http://wiki.mozilla.org/L10n:Dictionaries.

We would like to get beyond the point of "ouch, yeah, trouble", and the
first step it to get more information about where we are.

Gerv took a note to think a bit more about licensing, too, but I expect
that our needs are just one side of many out there.

Axel

Re: dictionaries survey

Oscar Manuel Gómez Senovilla
Axel Hecht escribió:
> Hi folks,
>
> we'd like to gather some information about dictionaries out there in
> opensource land.

There are many (at least many more than the ones that can be shipped
with MoFo products).

> I created a wiki page to dump that stuff to, see
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/L10n:Dictionaries.
>
> We would like to get beyond the point of "ouch, yeah, trouble", and the
> first step it to get more information about where we are.
>
> Gerv took a note to think a bit more about licensing, too, but I expect
> that our needs are just one side of many out there.

I think this is the problem. My opinion is that as long as MoFo policy
about dictionaries doesn't change, it will remain the same. It would be
good a link for this note you mention.

Regards.

Re: dictionaries survey

Gervase Markham
Axel Hecht wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> we'd like to gather some information about dictionaries out there in
> opensource land.
>
> I created a wiki page to dump that stuff to, see
> http://wiki.mozilla.org/L10n:Dictionaries.

I would again encourage localisation contributors to do some research on
dictionaries in their localisation and update this page. We could do
with information which is as complete and accurate as possible for
FOSDEM. We will be using the information to try and see what changes we
can make technically or in policy to ease the dictionary situation.

Gerv