dead web site?

Is just me, or is this web site dead?

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/

Can you get into it?

Re: dead web site?

Mozilla - General mailing list
On 5/18/2020 6:25 PM, T wrote:
> Is just me, or is this web site dead?
>
> https://www.ketogenicforums.com/
>
> Can you get into it?
Blank page and view source shows all blank.

DNS check:

Network Records for: *https://www.ketogenicforums.com/*
Unable to get A name records for https://www.ketogenicforums.com/

Traceroute Check for: *'https://www.ketogenicforums.com/'*

An error occurred while trying to traceroute:
https://www.ketogenicforums.com/: Name or service not known Cannot handle
"host" cmdline arg `https://www.ketogenicforums.com/' on position 1 (argc 5)

--
"This is America!  You can't make a horse
 testify against himself!"          -Mister Ed

Re: dead web site?

On 2020-05-18 16:25, 🐴 Mr. Ed 🐴 wrote:

> On 5/18/2020 6:25 PM, T wrote:
>> Is just me, or is this web site dead?
>>
>> https://www.ketogenicforums.com/
>>
>> Can you get into it?
> Blank page and view source shows all blank.
>
> DNS check:
>
> Network Records for: *https://www.ketogenicforums.com/*
> Unable to get A name records for https://www.ketogenicforums.com/

> Traceroute Check for: *'https://www.ketogenicforums.com/'*
>
> An error occurred while trying to traceroute:
> https://www.ketogenicforums.com/: Name or service not known Cannot handle
> "host" cmdline arg `https://www.ketogenicforums.com/' on position 1 (argc 5)

Hmmmm.

I got this back (TCP trace route to port 443):

# traceroute -T -p 443 www.ketogenicforums.com
traceroute to www.ketogenicforums.com (80.87.134.132), 30 hops max, 60
byte packets
15  keto.whipped.cream.org (80.87.134.132)  166.883 ms  164.709 ms
164.743 ms
16  keto.whipped.cream.org (80.87.134.132)  164.841 ms  163.941 ms
164.394 ms

And that site seems to be down too.

Re: dead web site?

WaltS48-12

<https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/> says the site is down for everyone

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://give.thunderbird.net/en-US/

Re: dead web site?

Don Spam's Reckless Son
WaltS48 wrote:
> On 5/18/20 6:25 PM, T wrote:
>> Is just me, or is this web site dead?
>>
>> https://www.ketogenicforums.com/
>>
>> Can you get into it?
>
> <https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/> says the site is down for everyone

Now *that* is a useful site, I have been reduced to typing
non-functional addresses into my phone (with WLAN off and Data on) for
such "second opinions".

--
spammo ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/

Re: dead web site?

Ray_Net
T wrote on 19-05-20 00:25:
> Is just me, or is this web site dead?
>
> https://www.ketogenicforums.com/
>
> Can you get into it?
https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ketogenicforums.com

Re: dead web site?

Luis
T wrote:
> Is just me, or is this web site dead?
>
> https://www.ketogenicforums.com/
>
> Can you get into it?

Is up and running.

Re: dead web site?

J. P. Gilliver (John)-3
On Tue, 19 May 2020 at 06:21:38, lesm <[hidden email]> wrote:
>T wrote:
>> Is just me, or is this web site dead?
>>  https://www.ketogenicforums.com/
>>  Can you get into it?
>
>Is up and running.

For me too. (Slight delay before it appeared, but that's probably
script.)

In general, when asking something like this, it's usually a good idea to
give at least some idea what it's about - some people are wary of just
going to a website cold.

"Who came first? Adam or Eve?"          "Adam of course; men always do."
Victoria Wood (via Peter Hesketh)

Re: dead web site?

WaltS48-12
On 5/19/20 3:57 AM, Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:

> WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 5/18/20 6:25 PM, T wrote:
>>> Is just me, or is this web site dead?
>>>
>>> https://www.ketogenicforums.com/
>>>
>>> Can you get into it?
>>
>> <https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/> says the site is down for everyone
>>

> Now *that* is a useful site, I have been reduced to typing
> non-functional addresses into my phone (with WLAN off and Data on) for
> such "second opinions".

Checked again this morning and the down for everyone site said it was.

Clicked the link in question and the site loaded.

So I guess we can't rely on it.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://give.thunderbird.net/en-US/

Re: dead web site?

Ken Springer
On 5/19/20 7:30 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 5/19/20 3:57 AM, Don Spam's Reckless Son wrote:
>> WaltS48 wrote:

>>> <https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/> says the site is down for everyone
>>>

>> Now *that* is a useful site, I have been reduced to typing
>> non-functional addresses into my phone (with WLAN off and Data on) for
>> such "second opinions".
>>

> Checked again this morning and the down for everyone site said it was.
>
> Clicked the link in question and the site loaded.
>
> So I guess we can't rely on it.

Same result here.

Albasani.net has been spitting "connection reset" messages to me for the
last 3 days.

--
Ken
MacOS 10.14.6

Re: dead web site?

David E. Ross
On 5/19/2020 7:11 AM, Ken Springer wrote:

> On 5/19/20 7:30 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

>>> Now *that* is a useful site, I have been reduced to typing
>>> non-functional addresses into my phone (with WLAN off and Data on) for
>>> such "second opinions".
>>>

>> Checked again this morning and the down for everyone site said it was.
>>
>> Clicked the link in question and the site loaded.
>>
>> So I guess we can't rely on it.
>
> Same result here.
>
> Albasani.net has been spitting "connection reset" messages to me for the
> last 3 days.

This morning, I received an E-mail message from the administrator of
news.albasani.net.  He informed me that a hard drive in the server has
failed.  It might take several days to recover.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

President Trump removed Rick Bright from heading the
government's development of a vaccine against the
COVID-19 virus.  The reason was that Bright would not
endorse Trump's assertion that hydroxychloroquine might
cure COVID-19.  Is it possible that Trump was motivated
by his and his family's investments in a major producer
of hydroxychloroquine?

Re: dead web site?

Ken Springer
On 5/19/20 8:51 AM, David E. Ross wrote:

> On 5/19/2020 7:11 AM, Ken Springer wrote:

>>> Checked again this morning and the down for everyone site said it was.
>>>
>>> Clicked the link in question and the site loaded.
>>>
>>> So I guess we can't rely on it.
>>
>> Same result here.
>>
>> Albasani.net has been spitting "connection reset" messages to me for the
>> last 3 days.
>
> This morning, I received an E-mail message from the administrator of
> news.albasani.net.  He informed me that a hard drive in the server has
> failed.  It might take several days to recover.

So it's not just me!  LOL  I didn't get any email, but I may no longer
have the same email address.

On the plus side, I might get more work done!  ROFL

--
Ken
MacOS 10.14.6

Re: dead web site?

rebro
Am 19.05.2020 um 16:04 schrieb TCW:

> On Mon, 18 May 2020 15:25:24 -0700, T
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Is just me, or is this web site dead?
>>
>> https://www.ketogenicforums.com/
>>
>> Can you get into it?
>
> No issues here as of 9:04AM CST

  ditto at 18:05h (UTC +01:00)

Re: dead web site?

David E. Ross
On 5/19/2020 8:09 AM, Ken Springer wrote:

> On 5/19/20 8:51 AM, David E. Ross wrote:

>>> Same result here.
>>>
>>> Albasani.net has been spitting "connection reset" messages to me for the
>>> last 3 days.
>>
>> This morning, I received an E-mail message from the administrator of
>> news.albasani.net.  He informed me that a hard drive in the server has
>> failed.  It might take several days to recover.
>
> So it's not just me!  LOL  I didn't get any email, but I may no longer
> have the same email address.
>
> On the plus side, I might get more work done!  ROFL

No, the administrator did not do an E-mail broadcast.  I happen to know
who it is and have his E-mail address in my address book.  I sent him a
message last Friday, asking if the server was down.  He replied only to
me (unless he Bcc others).

On 5/18/2020 3:25 PM, T wrote:
> Is just me, or is this web site dead?
>
> https://www.ketogenicforums.com/
>
> Can you get into it?

From Wikipedia:
> An extreme form of low-carbohydrate diet – the ketogenic diet – is
> established as a medical diet for treating epilepsy.  Through
> celebrity endorsement it has become a popular weight-loss fad diet,
> but there is no evidence of any distinctive benefit for this purpose,
> and it may have a number of initial side effects.  The British
> Dietetic Association named it one of the "top 5 worst celeb diets to
> avoid in 2018".

Valid double-blind medical studies indicate no benefit from the
ketogenic diet except for those who have epilepsy.  The popularity of
this diet makes no more sense than a gluten-free diet for someone who
does not have ceiliac disease, gluten ataxia, dermatitis herpetiformis,
wheat allergy, or related disorders.  And self-diagnosis of any such
illnesses can dangerously ignore other, more serious medical problems.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

President Trump removed Rick Bright from heading the
government's development of a vaccine against the
COVID-19 virus.  The reason was that Bright would not
endorse Trump's assertion that hydroxychloroquine might
cure COVID-19.  Is it possible that Trump was motivated
by his and his family's investments in a major producer
of hydroxychloroquine?

Re: dead web site?

Ant-21
On 5/18/2020 3:25 PM, T wrote:
> Is just me, or is this web site dead?
>
> https://www.ketogenicforums.com/
>
> Can you get into it?

Or just down due to technical issues?
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:VEjHIRZHUFYJ:https://www.ketogenicforums.com/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
says "It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on May 17, 2020
09:59:59 GMT. The current page could have changed in the meantime..."
--
..!.. illness like COVID-19/2019-nCoV/SARS-CoV-2!
this signature correctly.
  | |o   o| |   Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
     \ _ /       Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
      ( )

Re: dead web site?

Mayayana
"David E. Ross" <[hidden email]> wrote

From Wikipedia:
> An extreme form of low-carbohydrate diet - the ketogenic diet - is
> established as a medical diet for treating epilepsy.  Through
> celebrity endorsement it has become a popular weight-loss fad diet,
> but there is no evidence of any distinctive benefit for this purpose,
> and it may have a number of initial side effects.  The British
> Dietetic Association named it one of the "top 5 worst celeb diets to
> avoid in 2018".

Valid double-blind medical studies indicate no benefit from the
ketogenic diet except for those who have epilepsy.  The popularity of
this diet makes no more sense than a gluten-free diet for someone who
does not have ceiliac disease, gluten ataxia, dermatitis herpetiformis,
wheat allergy, or related disorders.  And self-diagnosis of any such
illnesses can dangerously ignore other, more serious medical problems.

   Fun video here of Jimmy Kimmel asking people on
the street about gluten:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdJFE1sp4Fw

  I have a niece who's lost a lot of weight with a keto diet.
On the one hand, it carries risks, is tricky to do, and is
very questionable as a permanent diet. But she lost a lot
of weight and learned a lot about nutrition in the process.
And now she's moderated her diet somewhat. I think the
big problem is with people who think they can just follow
a magic formula but never study nutrition and are not
really connected with their bodies.

  A related phenomenon is the paleo diet. Both are supported
by the idea that "natural" human diet doesn't include grains.
Though the "iceman", Otzi, was found with lots of grains in
his stomach. And our modern lifestyle has increased average
lifespan from 25 in prehistoric times to about 50 in 1900
and high 70s today. There are people who normally eat
"paleo" diet, like the reindeer herders in Siberia who eat almost
exclusively reindeer. But they're likely eating much of the animal
raw, including blood. Otherwise they'd have scurvy. That
bears little resemblance to moderns eating cured bacon and
stevia.

Re: dead web site?

Ray_Net
J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote on 19-05-20 15:09:

> On Tue, 19 May 2020 at 06:21:38, lesm <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> T wrote:
>>> Is just me, or is this web site dead?
>>>  https://www.ketogenicforums.com/
>>>  Can you get into it?
>>
>> Is up and running.
>
> For me too. (Slight delay before it appeared, but that's probably
> script.)
>
> In general, when asking something like this, it's usually a good idea
> to give at least some idea what it's about - some people are wary of
> just going to a website cold.
Still down for me

Re: dead web site?

Ken Springer
On 5/19/20 12:09 PM, David E. Ross wrote:

> On 5/19/2020 8:09 AM, Ken Springer wrote:

>>> This morning, I received an E-mail message from the administrator of
>>> news.albasani.net.  He informed me that a hard drive in the server has
>>> failed.  It might take several days to recover.
>>
>> So it's not just me!  LOL  I didn't get any email, but I may no longer
>> have the same email address.
>>
>> On the plus side, I might get more work done!  ROFL
>
> No, the administrator did not do an E-mail broadcast.  I happen to know
> who it is and have his E-mail address in my address book.  I sent him a
> message last Friday, asking if the server was down.  He replied only to
> me (unless he Bcc others).

Thanks, David.

--
Ken
MacOS 10.14.6

Re: dead web site?

J. P. Gilliver (John)-3
On Wed, 20 May 2020 at 00:15:40, Ray_Net
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote on 19-05-20 15:09:
>>>
>>> Is up and running.
>>
>> For me too. (Slight delay before it appeared, but that's probably
>>script.)
>>
>> In general, when asking something like this, it's usually a good idea
>>to give at least some idea what it's about - some people are wary of
>>just going to a website cold.
>Still down for me

When I wrote above, it loaded, with text and pictures (I didn't pay any
attention to what it said). Now, it still loads - pretty quickly - but
blank; thinking this was due to my ancient Firefox 27 (though that's
what I used when it did load text and images), I did View Source, but
that's empty too. When I try in chrome, though, I get "This page isn’t
working
www.ketogenicforums.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500".

What's really worth knowing is for the most part unlearnable until you have
enough experience to even recognise it as knowledge, let alone as useful
knowledge. - Wolf K <[hidden email]>, in alt.windows7.general, 2017-4-30