cumulative rebuild() option?

rvj

cumulative rebuild() option?

rvj
Assuming  that a template is defined that generates DOM elements using
rebuild() - my understanding is that these elements get destroyed when the
template is subsequently re-generated using a later rebuild() command.

1. is this correct?

2. is there any way of defining a cumluative rebuild() so that elements
generated in the later rebuild() are appended to those generated in earlier
rebuild()s ?

3. is there then a way of then indexing such the cumulative elements ?

rvj

Re: cumulative rebuild() option?

rvj
in short - is there a method (or technique) that will ensure

a) that existing DOM elements are not destroyed and re-created?
b) that the only new DOM elements are those associated with new objects in
the datasource ?

news:[hidden email]...