@priorities = (
"P1 Urgent (Höchste)",
"P2 High (Hoch)",
"P3 Normal (Mittel)",
"P4 Low (Gering)",
"P5 None (Anfrage)"
The problem about this is that the values contain characters that are
escaped by the css_class_quote filter in a way that does not work out with
CSS for the web browser to successfully interpret the HTML document.
When I go to the "My Calls" list in our Bugzilla system and examine the
source code I see
which evidentially can not be evaluated the way it should. And because of
that I can forget about letting Bugzilla show the table rows in different
colors according to, e.g., priority or severity. :-(
The beast that creates the escaped code in the templates is somewhat like
[% class FILTER css_class_quote %]
(see: default/global/header.html.tmpl or default/list/table.html.tmpl).
If this filter would escape CSS attribute names in a somewhat compatible
way, maybe replacing all parenteses and other special characters by
underscores or so, I could define valid pseud-classes in the buglist.css
Currently, what I have tried to put into
This, however, does not work at all. To my knowledge, semicolons (;), for
example, can not be used in attribute names since they separate attributes.
I have experimented a little bit (e.g. stripping everything from the
semicolon on or from the apersand sign on), but without success.
I have been unable to find the definition/implementation of css_class_quote
in order to adapt the way it works. Where can I find it?
Or is there a better solution to this problem than modifying
css_class_quote? (I dunno about any side-effects then!)
2005/6/15, Peter Bittner <[hidden email]>:
> The problem about this is that the values contain characters that are
> escaped by the css_class_quote filter in a way that does not work out with
> CSS for the web browser to successfully interpret the HTML document.
> I think it might be easier for you to keep symbolic priority and
> severity names in localconfig (and thus the db and css). For display,
> you can go the way of bug 215148
I would love to.
The problem is, we are running this Bugzilla installation for about half a
year. The values are in the database already. (Well, and apart from the
fact that I could theoretically update all corresponding database values I
am not sure how I can get a diff from my customized 2.18 version
en-template to the current 2.20 version template and apply it. All this
might be much work and if something goes wrong I'm f***ed up.)
The safer and faster way to fix the CSS problem, I guess, would be to modify
the code of css_class_quote. Apart from that I do not see a sense in why
escaping of CSS attribute names should be kept illegal. The code produced
does not work, so this is a bug according to my understanding. (If you
confirm I'm ready to file a bug report about it after doing the fix.)