cross compiling

Andrew Cagney
I'm trying to cross compile nspr using a configure line like:

./configure --host=m68k-uclinux-linux --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--target=m68k-uclinux-linux ...
checking host system type... m68k-uclinux-linux-gnu
checking target system type... m68k-uclinux-linux-gnu

However, for nspr, this didn't work - it got the host and build
compilers mixed up.  Looking at configure.in, it
seems to still have traces of the old 2.13 conventions (between 2.13
and 2.50 "$host"
and "$build" were muddled).  I fixed it with changes like:

-if test "$target" != "$host"; then
-    echo "cross compiling from $host to $target"
+if test "$target" != "$build"; then
+    echo "cross compiling from $build to $target"

(arguably, $build != $host would be even better?)

Andrew

PS: I've a patch for this but my attempts to post it seem to disappear
(at least they don't show up in the archives).  Does this mailing list
have any restrictions?