critical NPAPI question

Chuck Crisler
How/when/where is the func ptr addr in the browser for NPN_Version
communicated to the plugin? It isn't part of the netscape function
pointer structure supplied during initialization yet the API doc says
that a plugin should call that function during the 'newp' processing.
HOW (please)? TIA, Chuck

Re: critical NPAPI question - partially solved

Chuck Crisler
Chuck Crisler wrote:
> How/when/where is the func ptr addr in the browser for NPN_Version
> communicated to the plugin? It isn't part of the netscape function
> pointer structure supplied during initialization yet the API doc says
> that a plugin should call that function during the 'newp' processing.
> HOW (please)? TIA, Chuck

The hosting app version is communicated to the plugin in the netscape
func ptr structure in the version word. So what that it totally breaks
the established naming convention.

So, I have established that I can load a plugin, put it into windowless
mode and open a stream. Now the problem that I have is getting the
plugin to draw the data. Specifically I am testing with Flash. What I am
NOT seeing is the ForceRedraw(), InvalidateRect or InvalidateRegion
callbacks. After creating the new stream and sending the SWF data, I
create a XGraphicsExpose event and send it to the plugin. Then I set a 1
second timer (hack to get it to work and see what happens) to 'paint'
the display. I use a pixmap for the offscreen drawable that is the
destination for the Flash update. The display field is my display window
(also the container for the plugin socket). When the timer goes off, I
draw from the pixmap to the display window. I get a white window, so
Flash is not drawing to the pixmap. Do I need to do something like
BeginPaint? What step(s) have I missed? TIA again, Chuck

Re: critical NPAPI question

Frank Wein
Chuck Crisler wrote:
> How/when/where is the func ptr addr in the browser for NPN_Version
> communicated to the plugin? It isn't part of the netscape function
> pointer structure supplied during initialization yet the API doc says
> that a plugin should call that function during the 'newp' processing.
> HOW (please)? TIA, Chuck

Hi,
I think the better newsgroup for your question is mozilla.dev.tech.plugins

Frank