conditional bind

hergipotter9876
hi,

i have a form and some datasets corresponding to my form. It's possible that some elements, which are represented in my form, are omitted in some datasets, so i can't bind the input fields to them. So i created an internal instance representing a complete, but empty dataset. Now i want to bind all inputfields, that could not be bind to the external dataset element, to the respective internal element. But i don't really know how to do that...

I tried something like this:

<xforms:textarea class="textfeld" ref="if( ./note != 0 , ./note , instance('new_entry')/termEntry/note )">

but its not working.
Does anyone know how to do that?