compare-locales output for multiple projects

compare-locales output for multiple projects

Axel Hecht
Hi,

tl;dr: If you're not running compare-locales yourself, you can stop
reading. If you don't run it on more than one project at a time, you can
stop reading.

I'm currently making the output of compare-locales more useful in
general, and I'm hitting a point where I'd like to ask a question about:

compare-locales _configs/browser.toml _configs/mobile-android.toml
l10n-central ab-CD

By default, this shows the data for Firefox and then for Fennec. If you
specify --unified, it shows them as one output, but you can't tell if a
file is needing l10n to fix Firefox or Fennec. They're also showing a
summary in each block.

Is anybody using the non-unified output, and if so, intentionally? If
so, the file log or the summary or both?

If I can drop the difference between unified and not, adding
--obsolete=no will be a bit easier ;-)

Axel

Re: compare-locales output for multiple projects

Axel Hecht
I haven't fully dug into the unified piece yet, but I did reformat the
output and re-purposed --quiet on my local branch. Notably, -q now hides
obsolete, missing, warnings, errors if you specify it 1-4 times.

Is this an improvement for you guys? Comments?

compare-locales -q --unified -D mozilla=$PWD/mozilla-central
mozilla-central/browser/locales/l10n.toml
comm-central/mail/locales/l10n.toml comm-central/suite/locales/l10n.toml
/src/central/l10n-central/ it
it
   browser/browser/preferences/preferences.ftl
       WARNING: Missing message reference: -brand-short-name at line
547, column 1 for history-remember-label
       WARNING: Missing message reference: -brand-short-name at line
564, column 1 for history-remember-description
       WARNING: Missing message reference: -brand-short-name at line
565, column 1 for history-dontremember-description
   mail
     chrome/messenger
       aboutNewAddon.dtd
           // add and localize this file
       aboutNewAddon.properties
           // add and localize this file
       customizeToolbar.dtd
           +showTitlebar.label
       extensionsOverlay.properties
           +warnLegacyDisable
           +warnLegacyUninstall
           +warnLegacyUndoButton
       preferences/connection.dtd
           +dnsOverHttps.label
           +dnsOverHttps.accesskey
           +dnsOverHttpsUrl.label
           +dnsOverHttpsUrl.accesskey
           +dnsOverHttpsUrl.tooltip
     messenger/preferences
       languages.ftl
           // add and localize this file
       preferences.ftl
           +manage-messenger-languages-button
   suite/chrome/common/pref
     unix/platformPrefOverlay.dtd
         WARNING: units for width don't match (em != ch) at line 5,
column 27 for prefWindow.size
     win/platformPrefOverlay.dtd
         WARNING: units for width don't match (em != ch) at line 5,
column 27 for prefWindow.size
it:
warnings:         5
missing:         26