command to recompile the testopia.all.*.js files

command to recompile the testopia.all.*.js files

rbadiverx
Howdy...

I need to make changes to build.js file and then recompile.

I do not know the command to do this on a Windows server.

I am trying to fix/workaround Bug 739589 - case_run_count report tr_builds.cgi results in error

from the ticket comments:

"The issue is with the construction of the portlet url. In the construction, a call to getSelectedObjects(grid, 'id') is made. The ID in the builds grid however is 'build_id'.
In line 226 in file build.js change the end of line from 'id'); to 'build_id');

Note that you need to recompile the testopia.all.*.js files for the change to take effect."

thanks,
rich

Re: command to recompile the testopia.all.*.js files

Ralph Siemsen
Hi Richard,

On Wed, Dec 02, 2015 at 11:13:43AM -0800, Richard Aronson wrote:

> I need to make changes to build.js file and then recompile.
>
> I do not know the command to do this on a Windows server.

Judging by the comment at the top of testopia.all.js, the "build"
process they speak of is an Eclipse plugin called "Rockstartapps",
The original www.rockstartapps.com no longer exists, but this does:
http://blog.avirtualhome.com/rockstarapps-for-eclipse/

The file testopia.all.js is just a concatenation of the individual
javascript files. For example, the contents of build.js appear at
line 8658 of testopia.all.js. So you could just go and edit the
testopia.all.js directly, around line 8658 + 226 = 8884.

There's one more hurdle: the testopia.all.js is compressed to make
it smaller, which produces the file testopia.all.ycomp.js. This is
done using the YUI compressor (https://yui.github.io/yuicompressor/)

If you don't want to be bothered with all those steps, you could try
the following. I have not tried this, and I do not speak for the
developers of Testopia... this is just a quick idea:
 - make backups of testopia.all.js and testopia.all.ycomp.js
 - make the change in testopia.all.js around line 8884.
 - copy modified testopia.all.js to testopia.all.ycomp.js
 - restart your web server, clear your browser cache.
You will be using an un-compressed version, which means larger download
and longer parsing in the browser. But if you are using this on a LAN
or other fast network, the difference is probably minor.

Regards
-Ralph

Re: command to recompile the testopia.all.*.js files

Ryan Wilson-9
Actually, if you want to just have the changes work on your installation, there is a much easier way to do so with recompiling. If you go into your installation parameters, there is a parameter in the Testopia section called 'testopia-debug'. If you switch this to "Developer" you will use the individual .js files instead of the compressed ones. From my experience, the difference in performance has been negligible.

The current trunk of Testopia has been making changes directly to the .js files without recompilation due to the compressor used falling out of production (which actually handled both *all.js and *all.ycomp.js compressions). Before the next release, I will likely recompress with a supported compressor.

Thank you,
Ryan Wilson