comm-central build issues (... /comm-central/mozilla/build/autoconf/make-makefile: No such file or directory)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

comm-central build issues (... /comm-central/mozilla/build/autoconf/make-makefile: No such file or directory)

ISHIKAWA,chiaki
Just thought to post that the current comm-central has build issues:

Bug 780485 - c-c: Implement autoconf substitution in Python (port bug 774032)

Bug 780357 - Port bug 776968, bug 774032, bug 780159, bug 776561, bug 778740
to comm-central

My build dies with something like:

Can't open perl script "... my topsrc ...
/comm-central/mozilla/build/autoconf/make-makefile": No such file or directory


From a comment in "dev.apps.seamonkey" on 5th August 2012:

> I filed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=780485 for this
> failure, it's because some build system refactoring landed on
> mozilla-central and didn't on comm-central.
>
> Robert Kaiser

PS: Murphy's law struck. I thought I would check into a few long-running bug
issues during summer break, and checked out the latest source and got bitten
by this.
_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: comm-central build issues (... /comm-central/mozilla/build/autoconf/make-makefile: No such file or directory)

ISHIKAWA,chiaki
On (2012年08月07日 14:10), ishikawa wrote:

> Just thought to post that the current comm-central has build issues:
>
> Bug 780485 - c-c: Implement autoconf substitution in Python (port bug 774032)
>
> Bug 780357 - Port bug 776968, bug 774032, bug 780159, bug 776561, bug 778740
> to comm-central
>
> My build dies with something like:
>
> Can't open perl script "... my topsrc ...
> /comm-central/mozilla/build/autoconf/make-makefile": No such file or directory
>
>
>  From a comment in "dev.apps.seamonkey" on 5th August 2012:
>
>> I filed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=780485 for this
>> failure, it's because some build system refactoring landed on
>> mozilla-central and didn't on comm-central.
>>
>> Robert Kaiser
>
> PS: Murphy's law struck. I thought I would check into a few long-running bug
> issues during summer break, and checked out the latest source and got bitten
> by this.
>

In the last couple of days, there have been changes, which made build to
proceed somewhat, but still no success.
I have seen following two issues yesterday.


[1] Missing python script?

during configure ...
checking whether the linker supports Identical Code Folding... no
checking whether removing dead symbols breaks debugging...
/usr/bin/python2.7: can't open file
'/MYTOPDIR/comm-central/build/autoconf/check_debug_ranges.py': [Errno 2] No
such file or directory
/usr/bin/python2.7: can't open file
'/MYTOPDIR/comm-central/build/autoconf/check_debug_ranges.py': [Errno 2] No
such file or directory
no
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
        ...

         This particular issue does not seem to kill the build process and
the build continues, and then I ran into the following problem ("invalid
syntax.")


[] One IDL file produced a fatal error.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=735825
See comment #14 there.

I have the same issue.

build dies with exactly the same error with the same IDL file.
(Up until then, though, many IDL files were processed.)

       ...
/MYTBOBJDIR/mozilla/_virtualenv/bin/python
/MYTOPDIR/comm-central/mozilla/config/pythonpath.py \
          -I/MYTOPDIR/comm-central/mozilla/other-licenses/ply \
          /MYTBOBJDIR/mozilla/dist/sdk/bin/header.py
-I/MYTOPDIR/comm-central/mozilla/dom/interfaces/core -I../../../dist/idl
/MYTOPDIR/comm-central/mozilla/dom/interfaces/core/nsIInlineEventHandlers.idl -d
.deps/nsIInlineEventHandlers.h.pp -o _xpidlgen/nsIInlineEventHandlers.h
nsIDOMMutationObserver.idl
/MYTBOBJDIR/mozilla/_virtualenv/bin/python
/MYTOPDIR/comm-central/mozilla/config/pythonpath.py \
          -I/MYTOPDIR/comm-central/mozilla/other-licenses/ply \
          /MYTBOBJDIR/ozilla/dist/sdk/bin/header.py
-I/MYTOPDIR/comm-central/mozilla/dom/interfaces/core -I../../../dist/idl
/MYTOPDIR/comm-central/mozilla/dom/interfaces/core/nsIDOMMutationObserver.idl -d
.deps/nsIDOMMutationObserver.h.pp -o _xpidlgen/nsIDOMMutationObserver.h
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/MYTOPDIR/comm-central/mozilla/config/pythonpath.py", line 56, in
<module>
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/MYTOPDIR/comm-central/mozilla/config/pythonpath.py", line 48, in main
    execfile(script, frozenglobals)
  File "/MYTBOBJDIR/mozilla/dist/sdk/bin/header.py", line 483, in <module>
    idl = p.parse(open(file).read(), filename=file)
  File "/MYTBOBJDIR/mozilla/dist/sdk/bin/xpidl.py", line 1568, in parse
    idl = self.parser.parse(lexer=self)
  File "/MYTBOBJDIR/mozilla/dist/sdk/bin/ply/yacc.py", line 265, in parse
    return self.parseopt_notrack(input,lexer,debug,tracking,tokenfunc)
  File "/MYTBOBJDIR/mozilla/dist/sdk/bin/ply/yacc.py", line 1047, in
parseopt_notrack
    tok = self.errorfunc(errtoken)
  File "/MYTBOBJDIR/mozilla/dist/sdk/bin/xpidl.py", line 1539, in p_error
    raise IDLError("invalid syntax", location)
xpidl.IDLError: error: invalid syntax,
/MYTOPDIR/comm-central/mozilla/dom/interfaces/core/nsIDOMMutationObserver.idl line
47:0
dictionary MutationObserverInit


In the bugzilla, comment #14 was posted on 24 July.

Again, this is with comm-central to build TB.

(On top of the existing source tree with my local modification)
I checked out the latest source with

python client.py checkout

(And removing the old objdir before running make.
We had an issue with left-over .py, .pyc files and removing
objdir helped back then.)

make -f client.mk

(saw the missing .py file message above, and then ran into this
invalid syntax error.)

It seems old bugs related to .py or .pyc are not quite cleaned up in
comm-central (?)

Bug 729752 - Old .pyc files in srcdir shouldn't break the build
(and the friends mentioned in that post.)


Hope someone in the know can clean up this build issue with comm-central.

_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: comm-central build issues (... /comm-central/mozilla/build/autoconf/make-makefile: No such file or directory)

Andrew Sutherland-3
On 08/08/2012 09:16 PM, ishikawa wrote:
> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=735825

As per my comment 9 there, I advise checking for .py files that
shouldn't be in comm-central/mozilla/xpcom/idl-parser and removing them.
 Or just blow away your mozilla-central source tree and check it out again.

Andrew

_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: comm-central build issues (... /comm-central/mozilla/build/autoconf/make-makefile: No such file or directory)

ISHIKAWA,chiaki
(2012/08/10 3:07), Andrew Sutherland wrote:
> On 08/08/2012 09:16 PM, ishikawa wrote:
>> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=735825
>
> As per my comment 9 there, I advise checking for .py files that
> shouldn't be in comm-central/mozilla/xpcom/idl-parser and removing them.
>   Or just blow away your mozilla-central source tree and check it out again.
>
> Andrew
>

Hi,
After trials and errors, I found that
header.py, typlib.py, and xpidl.py need to be
under mozilla/xpcom/idl-parser/
(but I assume xpidllex.py and xpidlyacc.py need to go).

Currently my .../mozilla/xpcom/idl-parser/ contain the following
files. (I didnt remove xpidllex.py and xpidlyacc.py, but gzipped them.)
Makefile.in
header.py
runtests.py.gz
typelib.py
xpidl.py
xpidllex.py.gz
xpidlyacc.py.gz

Build continued for a while now!
Great. Thank you for the tips.

However, it hits the following error again during idl parsing (but
many other idl files seemed to have been processed).  I am afraid that
the mozilla directory in comm-central needs better synchronization
with the mozilla-central (or whatever it is called).


       ...
nsIAutoCompleteSession.idl
/usr/bin/python2.7 -u /TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/config/pythonpath.py \
          -I/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/other-licenses/ply \
          /TB-NEW/TB-3HG/objdir-tb3/mozilla/dist/sdk/bin/header.py
-I/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/xpfe/components/autocomplete/public
-I../../../../../mozilla/dist/idl
/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/xpfe/components/autocomplete/public/nsIAutoCompleteSession.idl
-d .deps/nsIAutoCompleteSession.h.pp -o _xpidlgen/nsIAutoCompleteSession.h
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/config/pythonpath.py", line 56,
in <module>
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/config/pythonpath.py", line 48,
in main
    execfile(script, frozenglobals)
  File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/objdir-tb3/mozilla/dist/sdk/bin/header.py", line
467, in <module>
    p = xpidl.IDLParser(outputdir=options.cachedir)
  File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/objdir-tb3/mozilla/dist/sdk/bin/xpidl.py", line
1553, in __init__
    optimize=1)
  File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/other-licenses/ply/ply/lex.py",
line 1004, in lex
    Traceback (most recent call last):
lexobj.writetab(lextab,outputdir)
  File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/other-licenses/ply/ply/lex.py",
line 175, in writetab
    filename = os.path.join(outputdir,basetabfilename)+".py"
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/posixpath.py", line 68, in join
    elif path == '' or path.endswith('/'):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'endswith'
Traceback (most recent call last):
          ...

It is possible that there is something fishy going on with the file name
parsing.
I say this because my top files are in ~/TB-NEW-TB-3HG/new-src/, but
the above error lines state FILE "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/..." without mentioning the
prefix (~ == /home/ishikawa/).

But again, I will wait for the synchronization of the mozilla directory
for another day or two.

TIA

_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: comm-central build issues (... /comm-central/mozilla/build/autoconf/make-makefile: No such file or directory)

ISHIKAWA,chiaki
(correction)
The part about file path parsing was misleading.
I forgot that I created a new directory
/TB-NEW/
(under a new partition to store largish TB3 directory [and test data].)

/home/ishikawa/TB-NEW is a symlink to this and so the script picks up
the real directory name somehow.

So the problem does seem to be in IDL parsing.

TIA

(2012/08/13 15:10), ISHIKAWA, Chiaki wrote:

> (2012/08/10 3:07), Andrew Sutherland wrote:
>> On 08/08/2012 09:16 PM, ishikawa wrote:
>>> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=735825
>>
>> As per my comment 9 there, I advise checking for .py files that
>> shouldn't be in comm-central/mozilla/xpcom/idl-parser and removing them.
>>    Or just blow away your mozilla-central source tree and check it out again.
>>
>> Andrew
>>
>
> Hi,
> After trials and errors, I found that
> header.py, typlib.py, and xpidl.py need to be
> under mozilla/xpcom/idl-parser/
> (but I assume xpidllex.py and xpidlyacc.py need to go).
>
> Currently my .../mozilla/xpcom/idl-parser/ contain the following
> files. (I didnt remove xpidllex.py and xpidlyacc.py, but gzipped them.)
> Makefile.in
> header.py
> runtests.py.gz
> typelib.py
> xpidl.py
> xpidllex.py.gz
> xpidlyacc.py.gz
>
> Build continued for a while now!
> Great. Thank you for the tips.
>
> However, it hits the following error again during idl parsing (but
> many other idl files seemed to have been processed).  I am afraid that
> the mozilla directory in comm-central needs better synchronization
> with the mozilla-central (or whatever it is called).
>
>
>         ...
> nsIAutoCompleteSession.idl
> /usr/bin/python2.7 -u /TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/config/pythonpath.py \
>  -I/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/other-licenses/ply \
>  /TB-NEW/TB-3HG/objdir-tb3/mozilla/dist/sdk/bin/header.py
> -I/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/xpfe/components/autocomplete/public
> -I../../../../../mozilla/dist/idl
> /TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/xpfe/components/autocomplete/public/nsIAutoCompleteSession.idl
> -d .deps/nsIAutoCompleteSession.h.pp -o _xpidlgen/nsIAutoCompleteSession.h
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/config/pythonpath.py", line 56,
> in <module>
>      main(sys.argv[1:])
>    File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/config/pythonpath.py", line 48,
> in main
>      execfile(script, frozenglobals)
>    File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/objdir-tb3/mozilla/dist/sdk/bin/header.py", line
> 467, in <module>
>      p = xpidl.IDLParser(outputdir=options.cachedir)
>    File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/objdir-tb3/mozilla/dist/sdk/bin/xpidl.py", line
> 1553, in __init__
>      optimize=1)
>    File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/other-licenses/ply/ply/lex.py",
> line 1004, in lex
>      Traceback (most recent call last):
> lexobj.writetab(lextab,outputdir)
>    File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/other-licenses/ply/ply/lex.py",
> line 175, in writetab
>      filename = os.path.join(outputdir,basetabfilename)+".py"
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/posixpath.py", line 68, in join
>      elif path == '' or path.endswith('/'):
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'endswith'
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  ...
>
> It is possible that there is something fishy going on with the file name
> parsing.
> I say this because my top files are in ~/TB-NEW-TB-3HG/new-src/, but
> the above error lines state FILE "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/..." without mentioning the
> prefix (~ == /home/ishikawa/).
>
> But again, I will wait for the synchronization of the mozilla directory
> for another day or two.
>
> TIA
>

_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: comm-central build issues (... /comm-central/mozilla/build/autoconf/make-makefile: No such file or directory)

Magnus Melin-2
In reply to this post by ISHIKAWA,chiaki
On 13.08.2012 09:10, ISHIKAWA, Chiaki wrote:

> (2012/08/10 3:07), Andrew Sutherland wrote:
>> On 08/08/2012 09:16 PM, ishikawa wrote:
>>> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=735825
>>
>> As per my comment 9 there, I advise checking for .py files that
>> shouldn't be in comm-central/mozilla/xpcom/idl-parser and removing them.
>>    Or just blow away your mozilla-central source tree and check it out again.
>>
>> Andrew
>>
>
> Hi,
> After trials and errors, I found that
> header.py, typlib.py, and xpidl.py need to be
> under mozilla/xpcom/idl-parser/
> (but I assume xpidllex.py and xpidlyacc.py need to go).
>
> Currently my .../mozilla/xpcom/idl-parser/ contain the following
> files. (I didnt remove xpidllex.py and xpidlyacc.py, but gzipped them.)
> Makefile.in
> header.py
> runtests.py.gz
> typelib.py
> xpidl.py
> xpidllex.py.gz
> xpidlyacc.py.gz
>

I've had this is my build script for a while, I run it before a fresh
compile (in case it helps):
cd /opt/comm-central/src
rm mozilla/xpcom/idl-parser/xpidllex.py
rm mozilla/xpcom/idl-parser/xpidlyacc.py
rm mozilla/xpcom/idl-parser/*.pyc

 -Magnus

_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: comm-central build issues (... /comm-central/mozilla/build/autoconf/make-makefile: No such file or directory)

ISHIKAWA,chiaki
In reply to this post by ISHIKAWA,chiaki
A good news and a bad news.

I have two Debian GNU/Linux installations.
One of them uses newer packages from testing repositories.
The other uses only the mainline.

In the last week, the one with the newer packages resolved the issues with
the compilation.
It uses python 3.x as the main python installation although python 2.y seems
to be preserved for backward compatibility.

The one with the stable distribution uses python 2.y only (specifically
$ python --version
Python 2.7.3rc2
)
and still sees the following parsing issues. Weird, but I suspect it is
python-related.

>    tok = self.errorfunc(errtoken)
>   File " ... /objdir-tb3/mozilla/dist/sdk/bin/xpidl.py", line 1551, in p_error
>     raise IDLError("invalid syntax", location)
> xpidl.IDLError: error: invalid syntax, ... /comm-central/mozilla/dom/interfaces/core/nsIDOMMutationObserver.idl line 47:0
> dictionary MutationObserverInit
> ^
> make[6]: *** [_xpidlgen/nsIDOMMutationObserver.h] Error 1
> make[6]: *** Deleting file `_xpidlgen/nsIDOMMutationObserver.h'
> make[6]: Leaving directory ` ... /objdir-tb3/mozilla/dom/interfaces/core'
> gmake[5]:
        [ ... ]

The directory paths in the above quote are sanitized a bit.

So I can check my mods for the bug
in the Debian image with the newer installation now.
People sticking to the most stable version of Debian may not be so lucky.

Thank you again for making the source code of FF and TB public and share
with the world community.


On (2012年08月13日 15:36), ISHIKAWA, Chiaki wrote:

> (correction)
> The part about file path parsing was misleading.
> I forgot that I created a new directory
> /TB-NEW/
> (under a new partition to store largish TB3 directory [and test data].)
>
> /home/ishikawa/TB-NEW is a symlink to this and so the script picks up
> the real directory name somehow.
>
> So the problem does seem to be in IDL parsing.
>
> TIA
>
> (2012/08/13 15:10), ISHIKAWA, Chiaki wrote:
>> (2012/08/10 3:07), Andrew Sutherland wrote:
>>> On 08/08/2012 09:16 PM, ishikawa wrote:
>>>> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=735825
>>>
>>> As per my comment 9 there, I advise checking for .py files that
>>> shouldn't be in comm-central/mozilla/xpcom/idl-parser and removing them.
>>>     Or just blow away your mozilla-central source tree and check it out again.
>>>
>>> Andrew
>>>
>>
>> Hi,
>> After trials and errors, I found that
>> header.py, typlib.py, and xpidl.py need to be
>> under mozilla/xpcom/idl-parser/
>> (but I assume xpidllex.py and xpidlyacc.py need to go).
>>
>> Currently my .../mozilla/xpcom/idl-parser/ contain the following
>> files. (I didnt remove xpidllex.py and xpidlyacc.py, but gzipped them.)
>> Makefile.in
>> header.py
>> runtests.py.gz
>> typelib.py
>> xpidl.py
>> xpidllex.py.gz
>> xpidlyacc.py.gz
>>
>> Build continued for a while now!
>> Great. Thank you for the tips.
>>
>> However, it hits the following error again during idl parsing (but
>> many other idl files seemed to have been processed).  I am afraid that
>> the mozilla directory in comm-central needs better synchronization
>> with the mozilla-central (or whatever it is called).
>>
>>
>>          ...
>> nsIAutoCompleteSession.idl
>> /usr/bin/python2.7 -u /TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/config/pythonpath.py \
>>  -I/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/other-licenses/ply \
>>  /TB-NEW/TB-3HG/objdir-tb3/mozilla/dist/sdk/bin/header.py
>> -I/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/xpfe/components/autocomplete/public
>> -I../../../../../mozilla/dist/idl
>> /TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/xpfe/components/autocomplete/public/nsIAutoCompleteSession.idl
>> -d .deps/nsIAutoCompleteSession.h.pp -o _xpidlgen/nsIAutoCompleteSession.h
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>     File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/config/pythonpath.py", line 56,
>> in <module>
>>       main(sys.argv[1:])
>>     File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/config/pythonpath.py", line 48,
>> in main
>>       execfile(script, frozenglobals)
>>     File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/objdir-tb3/mozilla/dist/sdk/bin/header.py", line
>> 467, in <module>
>>       p = xpidl.IDLParser(outputdir=options.cachedir)
>>     File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/objdir-tb3/mozilla/dist/sdk/bin/xpidl.py", line
>> 1553, in __init__
>>       optimize=1)
>>     File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/other-licenses/ply/ply/lex.py",
>> line 1004, in lex
>>       Traceback (most recent call last):
>> lexobj.writetab(lextab,outputdir)
>>     File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/other-licenses/ply/ply/lex.py",
>> line 175, in writetab
>>       filename = os.path.join(outputdir,basetabfilename)+".py"
>>     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/posixpath.py", line 68, in join
>>       elif path == '' or path.endswith('/'):
>> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'endswith'
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  ...
>>
>> It is possible that there is something fishy going on with the file name
>> parsing.
>> I say this because my top files are in ~/TB-NEW-TB-3HG/new-src/, but
>> the above error lines state FILE "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/..." without mentioning the
>> prefix (~ == /home/ishikawa/).
>>
>> But again, I will wait for the synchronization of the mozilla directory
>> for another day or two.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>

_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: comm-central build issues (... /comm-central/mozilla/build/autoconf/make-makefile: No such file or directory)

ISHIKAWA,chiaki
After today's checkout "python client.py checkout" and
adding "rm -f mozilla/xpcom/idl-parser/xpidllex.py
rm -f mozilla/xpcom/idl-parser/xpidlyacc.py
rm -f mozilla/xpcom/idl-parser/*.pyc" as suggested by Magnus Melin
in my build script before invoking make -f client.mk,
now build  succeeds to generate the IDL headers without problems, and
proceeds to compile everything and create a big binary (I had
to kill it there. The rest will be done overnight).

(I don't know: maybe I needed to refresh the source as well as invoking this
removal of particular .py files and pyc files AGAIN?)

Thanks again for the great progress!



On (2012年09月04日 13:22), ishikawa wrote:

> A good news and a bad news.
>
> I have two Debian GNU/Linux installations.
> One of them uses newer packages from testing repositories.
> The other uses only the mainline.
>
> In the last week, the one with the newer packages resolved the issues with
> the compilation.
> It uses python 3.x as the main python installation although python 2.y seems
> to be preserved for backward compatibility.
>
> The one with the stable distribution uses python 2.y only (specifically
> $ python --version
> Python 2.7.3rc2
> )
> and still sees the following parsing issues. Weird, but I suspect it is
> python-related.
>
>>     tok = self.errorfunc(errtoken)
>>    File " ... /objdir-tb3/mozilla/dist/sdk/bin/xpidl.py", line 1551, in p_error
>>      raise IDLError("invalid syntax", location)
>> xpidl.IDLError: error: invalid syntax, ... /comm-central/mozilla/dom/interfaces/core/nsIDOMMutationObserver.idl line 47:0
>> dictionary MutationObserverInit
>> ^
>> make[6]: *** [_xpidlgen/nsIDOMMutationObserver.h] Error 1
>> make[6]: *** Deleting file `_xpidlgen/nsIDOMMutationObserver.h'
>> make[6]: Leaving directory ` ... /objdir-tb3/mozilla/dom/interfaces/core'
>> gmake[5]:
> [ ... ]
>
> The directory paths in the above quote are sanitized a bit.
>
> So I can check my mods for the bug
> in the Debian image with the newer installation now.
> People sticking to the most stable version of Debian may not be so lucky.
>
> Thank you again for making the source code of FF and TB public and share
> with the world community.
>
>
> On (2012年08月13日 15:36), ISHIKAWA, Chiaki wrote:
>> (correction)
>> The part about file path parsing was misleading.
>> I forgot that I created a new directory
>> /TB-NEW/
>> (under a new partition to store largish TB3 directory [and test data].)
>>
>> /home/ishikawa/TB-NEW is a symlink to this and so the script picks up
>> the real directory name somehow.
>>
>> So the problem does seem to be in IDL parsing.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> (2012/08/13 15:10), ISHIKAWA, Chiaki wrote:
>>> (2012/08/10 3:07), Andrew Sutherland wrote:
>>>> On 08/08/2012 09:16 PM, ishikawa wrote:
>>>>> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=735825
>>>>
>>>> As per my comment 9 there, I advise checking for .py files that
>>>> shouldn't be in comm-central/mozilla/xpcom/idl-parser and removing them.
>>>>      Or just blow away your mozilla-central source tree and check it out again.
>>>>
>>>> Andrew
>>>>
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> After trials and errors, I found that
>>> header.py, typlib.py, and xpidl.py need to be
>>> under mozilla/xpcom/idl-parser/
>>> (but I assume xpidllex.py and xpidlyacc.py need to go).
>>>
>>> Currently my .../mozilla/xpcom/idl-parser/ contain the following
>>> files. (I didnt remove xpidllex.py and xpidlyacc.py, but gzipped them.)
>>> Makefile.in
>>> header.py
>>> runtests.py.gz
>>> typelib.py
>>> xpidl.py
>>> xpidllex.py.gz
>>> xpidlyacc.py.gz
>>>
>>> Build continued for a while now!
>>> Great. Thank you for the tips.
>>>
>>> However, it hits the following error again during idl parsing (but
>>> many other idl files seemed to have been processed).  I am afraid that
>>> the mozilla directory in comm-central needs better synchronization
>>> with the mozilla-central (or whatever it is called).
>>>
>>>
>>>           ...
>>> nsIAutoCompleteSession.idl
>>> /usr/bin/python2.7 -u /TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/config/pythonpath.py \
>>>  -I/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/other-licenses/ply \
>>>  /TB-NEW/TB-3HG/objdir-tb3/mozilla/dist/sdk/bin/header.py
>>> -I/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/xpfe/components/autocomplete/public
>>> -I../../../../../mozilla/dist/idl
>>> /TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/xpfe/components/autocomplete/public/nsIAutoCompleteSession.idl
>>> -d .deps/nsIAutoCompleteSession.h.pp -o _xpidlgen/nsIAutoCompleteSession.h
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>      File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/config/pythonpath.py", line 56,
>>> in <module>
>>>        main(sys.argv[1:])
>>>      File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/config/pythonpath.py", line 48,
>>> in main
>>>        execfile(script, frozenglobals)
>>>      File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/objdir-tb3/mozilla/dist/sdk/bin/header.py", line
>>> 467, in <module>
>>>        p = xpidl.IDLParser(outputdir=options.cachedir)
>>>      File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/objdir-tb3/mozilla/dist/sdk/bin/xpidl.py", line
>>> 1553, in __init__
>>>        optimize=1)
>>>      File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/other-licenses/ply/ply/lex.py",
>>> line 1004, in lex
>>>        Traceback (most recent call last):
>>> lexobj.writetab(lextab,outputdir)
>>>      File "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/new-src/mozilla/other-licenses/ply/ply/lex.py",
>>> line 175, in writetab
>>>        filename = os.path.join(outputdir,basetabfilename)+".py"
>>>      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/posixpath.py", line 68, in join
>>>        elif path == '' or path.endswith('/'):
>>> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'endswith'
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>  ...
>>>
>>> It is possible that there is something fishy going on with the file name
>>> parsing.
>>> I say this because my top files are in ~/TB-NEW-TB-3HG/new-src/, but
>>> the above error lines state FILE "/TB-NEW/TB-3HG/..." without mentioning the
>>> prefix (~ == /home/ishikawa/).
>>>
>>> But again, I will wait for the synchronization of the mozilla directory
>>> for another day or two.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>
>

_______________________________________________
dev-apps-thunderbird mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-apps-thunderbird