color representation from Firefox to a11y platform

color representation from Firefox to a11y platform

Brett Clippingdale
How does Firefox report color to the accessibility platform,
particularly on Linux?

Specifically, I'd like to know the mechanics of how a pre-defined color
string, such as "tomato" and "forestgreen", is translated and passed,
up to the point it arrives at ATK/AT-SPI.  Which interface is given
what information?  Where is the mapping from string to RGB value done?
Is it always in 0..255 range (8-bit color)?  Does it ever report in
16-bit (0..65535) color and, if so, under what conditions?  Do these
string mappings differ if drawn from the 16-color set of w3c colors?
If on Windows platform, is this different from how MSIE reports color?

Re: color representation from Firefox to a11y platform

Aaron Leventhal-3
At the moment we only expose this information on Windows via
ISimpleDOMNode, where we expose "computed" CSS attribute value pairs.

In the future we're going to expose all CSS values in ATK via text
attributes or object properties.

"Computed" style means the final style applied to a node's rendering,
after all the cascading and overlapping rules are applied.

How would you like the info exposed in ATK? It's probably more of an FSG
standardization question.

- Aaron