checksetup.pl without Shell Access

Jonathan Goldberg-2
I'm using a web hosting service that doesn't provide shell access.
Working with their administrators, I've been able to install all of the
required Perl modules for Bugzilla.  I'm able to run the checksetup.pl
script using my web browser, but cannot interact with the script to
provide the administrator e-mail address and password.  Is there any way
around this?

Thanks for the help,
Jonathan

Re: checksetup.pl without Shell Access

Max Kanat-Alexander
On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 21:19 -0400, Jonathan Goldberg wrote:
> I'm able to run the checksetup.pl
> script using my web browser, but cannot interact with the script to
> provide the administrator e-mail address and password.  Is there any way
> around this?

        Yeah. Provide an "answers" file to checksetup.pl. How to do this is
described in the comments at the top of checksetup.pl itself.

        However, I'm not sure that checksetup can generally run from a web
browser...

        -Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Everything Solved: Experts at Bugzilla... and everything else, too.