changing printer setup dafaults WITHOUT using prefs

rvj

changing printer setup dafaults WITHOUT using prefs

rvj

It appears that prefs is used to save default margins and header and footer
labels.
Is it possible to by-pass the 'prefs'  file and allow the user to change
these settings temporarily.

In otherwords is it possible within a xul application to change setup
defaults WITHOUT writing to the prefs file
and by-pass the following

 // now augment them with any values from last time
  aPrintService.initPrintSettingsFromPrefs(gPrintSettings, true,
gPrintSettings.kInitSaveAll);

rvj

Re: changing printer setup dafaults WITHOUT using prefs

rvj
Ah - its simpler than I thought (iterate printsettings) !

However one other query  relates to  headers and footer alignment

Should n't  the header/footer left/right labels be aligned with the
left/right page margins?

They dont appear to be !

 Is this a bug or by design ????

news:dkipo8$[hidden email]...