changing 'apache@localhost'

Gonzalo Cordero-2
Hi:

Since all the emails from bugzilla are in the form of 'apache@localhost'
my email server doesn't recognize that as a valid email address and it's
refusing it. is there any way i can change the email address that
bugzilla sends emails from??

thanks.

Re: changing 'apache@localhost'

Peter Kay
Gonzalo Cordero wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Since all the emails from bugzilla are in the form of 'apache@localhost'
> my email server doesn't recognize that as a valid email address and it's
> refusing it. is there any way i can change the email address that
> bugzilla sends emails from??
>
> thanks.

Change the e-mail template in the Parameters page.

--Peter

Re: changing 'apache@localhost'

Olav Vitters
On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 10:28:55AM -0700, Gonzalo Cordero wrote:
> Since all the emails from bugzilla are in the form of 'apache@localhost'
> my email server doesn't recognize that as a valid email address and it's
> refusing it. is there any way i can change the email address that
> bugzilla sends emails from??

Quoting Joel Peshkin:
Assuming you are using sendmail, you have to configure sendmail to put
apache on the list of "trusted" users who are permitted to specify their
own return address.

Olav