change folder of .ics

ST-2
Hi,

Is there a way to choose the directory of the .ics file?  I would love
to share my schedule with others on my server at work (simply Z:\).
Currently, it seems to only allow it to be in:
C:\Documents and Settings\ME\Application Data\Mozilla\Sunbird\Profiles

ST

Re: change folder of .ics

Christopher Jahn
ST <[hidden email]> wrote in

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to choose the directory of the .ics file?  I
> would love to share my schedule with others on my server at
> work (simply Z:\). Currently, it seems to only allow it to be
> in: C:\Documents and Settings\ME\Application
> Data\Mozilla\Sunbird\Profiles

You can edit the file "prefs.js" and change the path there.  Open
the file in any plaintext editor.

--
}:-)       Christopher Jahn
{:-(       http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms. (Groucho Marx)

Re: change folder of .ics

user-41
Christopher Jahn wrote:

> ST <[hidden email]> wrote in
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a way to choose the directory of the .ics file?  I
>> would love to share my schedule with others on my server at
>> work (simply Z:\). Currently, it seems to only allow it to be
>> in: C:\Documents and Settings\ME\Application
>> Data\Mozilla\Sunbird\Profiles
>>

> You can edit the file "prefs.js" and change the path there.  Open
> the file in any plaintext editor.

I use the "Publish Entire Calendar" option and
"file:///Z:/shareddata/calendar/here.ics"
I can also subscribe to it allowing both a useful backup and an easy
upgrade path between versions.

YMMV ;)

Re: change folder of .ics

Ramsinks.com
drknot wrote:

> Christopher Jahn wrote:
>
>> ST <[hidden email]> wrote in
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is there a way to choose the directory of the .ics file?  I
>>> would love to share my schedule with others on my server at
>>> work (simply Z:\). Currently, it seems to only allow it to be
>>> in: C:\Documents and Settings\ME\Application
>>> Data\Mozilla\Sunbird\Profiles
>>

>> You can edit the file "prefs.js" and change the path there.  Open the
>> file in any plaintext editor.
>>
> I use the "Publish Entire Calendar" option and
> "file:///Z:/shareddata/calendar/here.ics"
> I can also subscribe to it allowing both a useful backup and an easy
> upgrade path between versions.
>
> YMMV ;)

Hello.  I have tired to find the path in the .js file - however
I do not see this - In Sunbird OR Thunderbird add-on.  I would prefer
the Mozilla add-on since it's what my clients use anyways. Also do not
see the "publish Entire Calendar" -  I have "puplish" and a URL...
It would be killer to have the Thunderbird E-mail + calendar extention
with all clients pointing to the same .ICS.

Thanks.
Burke~

Re: change folder of .ics

Rod Whiteley
Ramsinks.com wrote:
> ...do not see the "publish Entire Calendar"...

Go to the list of calendars, hidden behind the date picker at the top
left of the Calendar window.  Get a context menu for the calendar (for
example, by right-clicking it).  Choose Publish Entire Calendar from the
context menu.  Specify a file URL.

You can compute a file URL using Firefox.  In Firefox's URL field,
specify the path of an existing file or directory on your computer.
When Firefox opens the file or directory, it converts the path to a file
URL.  Copy the file URL from Firefox and paste it in Calendar.  Change
it so that it specifies the appropriate ICS file.

--
Rod Whiteley