cant save Web Page HTML only anymores

conrrrod
I have 58.0.2 for linux
when I save a webpage and select HTML only, it still saves as Web page complete
with the extra directory. I do not want this!!!!
Also happened with the previous version, I forgot which (it came with
openSuseleap 15)

Re: cant save Web Page HTML only anymores

Balaco ocalaB
Em 09-03-2018 09:22, [hidden email] escreveu:
> I have 58.0.2 for linux
> when I save a webpage and select HTML only, it still saves as Web page complete
> with the extra directory. I do not want this!!!!
> Also happened with the previous version, I forgot which (it came with
> openSuseleap 15)

Wow! I am surprised with that fact, and impressed, in another very bad
way, with the newer Firefoxes.

It is much harder to do, but as an alternative for the same effect until
you fix the situation, you can do these steps:

- ctrl+u (to see page source)
- ctrl+a (to select everything in the shown source)
- ctrl+c (to copy)
- open your preferred text editor
- ctrl+v (or whatever you do on your editor) (to paste the source)
- save the file with "anyname.html"

(:

Palemoon and other browsers are there to save us from nonsense Firefox
changes!

--
=
        quem você é?

   2.a. Você pode fazê-lo aqui:
   2.b. You may do it here:

   https://queroouvir.sarahah.com/

Re: cant save Web Page HTML only anymores

Ed Mullen-10
On 3/9/2018 at 7:22 AM, [hidden email] created this epitome of
digital genius:
> I have 58.0.2 for linux
> when I save a webpage and select HTML only, it still saves as Web page complete
> with the extra directory. I do not want this!!!!
> Also happened with the previous version, I forgot which (it came with
> openSuseleap 15)

Working here on Win 10.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/

Em 09-03-2018 11:40, Ed Mullen escreveu:

> On 3/9/2018 at 7:22 AM, [hidden email] created this epitome of
> digital genius:
>> I have 58.0.2 for linux
>> when I save a webpage and select HTML only, it still saves as Web page
>> complete
>> with the extra directory. I do not want this!!!!
>> Also happened with the previous version, I forgot which (it came with
>> openSuseleap 15)
>>

> Working here on Win 10.

This is not a difference that makes sense that exist. With several
arguments, it should not exist, and I bet it does *not*. What is the
exact Firefox version you have?

--
=

Em 09-03-2018 11:48, Balaco ocalaB escreveu:

> Em 09-03-2018 11:40, Ed Mullen escreveu:
>> On 3/9/2018 at 7:22 AM, [hidden email] created this epitome of
>> digital genius:
>>> I have 58.0.2 for linux
>>> when I save a webpage and select HTML only, it still saves as Web page
>>> complete
>>> with the extra directory. I do not want this!!!!
>>> Also happened with the previous version, I forgot which (it came with
>>> openSuseleap 15)
>>>

>> Working here on Win 10.
>>

> This is not a difference that makes sense that exist. With several
> arguments, it should not exist, and I bet it does *not*. What is the
> exact Firefox version you have?

I meant:

This is not a difference that makes sense to exist among Firefox
versions for different OS's. With several arguments, it should not
exist, and I bet it does *not*. What is the exact Firefox version you have?

--
=
        quem você é?
        to show who you are?

   2.a. Você pode fazê-lo aqui:
   2.b. You may do it here:

   https://queroouvir.sarahah.com/

Re: cant save Web Page HTML only anymores

Ed Mullen-10
On 3/9/2018 at 9:50 AM, Balaco ocalaB created this epitome of digital
genius:

> Em 09-03-2018 11:48, Balaco ocalaB escreveu:
>> Em 09-03-2018 11:40, Ed Mullen escreveu:
>>> On 3/9/2018 at 7:22 AM, [hidden email] created this epitome of
>>> digital genius:
>>>>

>>> Working here on Win 10.
>>>

>> This is not a difference that makes sense that exist. With several
>> arguments, it should not exist, and I bet it does *not*. What is the
>> exact Firefox version you have?
>>

> I meant:
>
> This is not a difference that makes sense to exist among Firefox
> versions for different OS's. With several arguments, it should not
> exist, and I bet it does *not*. What is the exact Firefox version you have?

58.0.2

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/

Em 09-03-2018 12:01, Ed Mullen escreveu:

> On 3/9/2018 at 9:50 AM, Balaco ocalaB created this epitome of digital
> genius:

>>> This is not a difference that makes sense that exist. With several
>>> arguments, it should not exist, and I bet it does *not*. What is the
>>> exact Firefox version you have?
>>>

>> I meant:
>>
>> This is not a difference that makes sense to exist among Firefox
>> versions for different OS's. With several arguments, it should not
>> exist, and I bet it does *not*. What is the exact Firefox version you
>> have?
>>

> 58.0.2

Thank you.

I find it nonsense that you have a feature in a FF version for Windows
that another user, in linux, does not have. I cannot explain that.
Someone who knows what can explain this fact, please do!

I can only say that: "it exists on linux too, we must find it in the
same place/action path it is in Windows, or any other OS, for that
version". Or this, or it was compiled with a modified source of that
version.

--
=
        quem você é?
        to show who you are?

   2.a. Você pode fazê-lo aqui:
   2.b. You may do it here:

   https://queroouvir.sarahah.com/

Re: cant save Web Page HTML only anymores

WaltS48-9
On 3/9/18 7:22 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> I have 58.0.2 for linux
> when I save a webpage and select HTML only, it still saves as Web page complete
> with the extra directory. I do not want this!!!!
> Also happened with the previous version, I forgot which (it came with
> openSuseleap 15)

Just saves the Web Page HTML here using Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux
x86_64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0 ID:20180208175058 on Ubuntu
16.04.4 LTS.

Have you tried any of the STP's?

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-and-diagnose-firefox-problems

--
Best name ever! Cadet Bone Spurs
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>

Re: cant save Web Page HTML only anymores

Ed Mullen-10
On 3/9/2018 at 10:16 AM, WaltS48 created this epitome of digital genius:

>> I have 58.0.2 for linux
>> when I save a webpage and select HTML only, it still saves as Web page
>> complete
>> with the extra directory. I do not want this!!!!
>> Also happened with the previous version, I forgot which (it came with
>> openSuseleap 15)
>

> Just saves the Web Page HTML here using Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux
> x86_64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0 ID:20180208175058 on Ubuntu
> 16.04.4 LTS.
>
> Have you tried any of the STP's?
>
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-and-diagnose-firefox-problems

FYI, coexist.org in your sig returns Address Not Found.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/

On 3/13/18 11:22 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:

> On 3/9/2018 at 10:16 AM, WaltS48 created this epitome of digital genius:
>>> I have 58.0.2 for linux
>>> when I save a webpage and select HTML only, it still saves as Web
>>> page complete
>>> with the extra directory. I do not want this!!!!
>>> Also happened with the previous version, I forgot which (it came with
>>> openSuseleap 15)
>>

>> Just saves the Web Page HTML here using Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu;
>> Linux x86_64; rv:58.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/58.0 ID:20180208175058
>> on Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS.
>>
>> Have you tried any of the STP's?
>>
>> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-and-diagnose-firefox-problems
>>

> FYI, coexist.org in your sig returns Address Not Found.

Thanks andremoved.

--
Best name ever! Cadet Bone Spurs
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

Re: cant save Web Page HTML only anymores

Richard Alan
WaltS48 wrote:

> On 3/13/18 11:22 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
>> FYI, coexist.org in your sig returns Address Not Found.
>>
> Thanks andremoved.

The domain coexist.org is still current, through July. I also see that
https://www.coexistfoundation.org/  is up and working.

On 3/13/18 12:54 PM, Richard Alan wrote:
> WaltS48 wrote:
>
>> On 3/13/18 11:22 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
>>> FYI, coexist.org in your sig returns Address Not Found.
>>>
>> Thanks andremoved.
> The domain coexist.org is still current, through July. I also see that
> https://www.coexistfoundation.org/  is up and working.

Like Ed, I also get an Address Not Found error.

Nice to know they have a new address. :-)

--
Best name ever! Cadet Bone Spurs
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

Re: cant save Web Page HTML only anymores

Mynews
Ed Mullen wrote:

> On 3/9/2018 at 7:22 AM, [hidden email] created this epitome of
> digital genius:
>> I have 58.0.2 for linux
>> when I save a webpage and select HTML only, it still saves as Web page
complete
>> with the extra directory. I do not want this!!!!
>> Also happened with the previous version, I forgot which (it came with
>> openSuseleap 15)
>>

> Working here on Win 10.

Working On Win XP
& Win 7 Too

Re: cant save Web Page HTML only anymores

Good Guy-2
On 09/03/2018 12:22, [hidden email] wrote:
> I have 58.0.2 for linux
> when I save a webpage and select HTML only, it still saves as Web page complete
> with the extra directory. I do not want this!!!!
> Also happened with the previous version, I forgot which (it came with
> openSuseleap 15)

Perhaps it is the way you are trying to save.  Have you tried by going to:

File >> Save as ....

Now you have many options to save the page.

How exactly are you doing this?  Please post the step we should follow
to replicate your problems.  We don't have the problems you are
describing but it could be that you don't know how to save the page.
Majority of us are on Windows System so you need to know this.

Em 16-03-2018 20:33, Good Guy escreveu:

> On 09/03/2018 12:22, [hidden email] wrote:
>> I have 58.0.2 for linux
>> when I save a webpage and select HTML only, it still saves as Web page
>> complete
>> with the extra directory. I do not want this!!!!
>> Also happened with the previous version, I forgot which (it came with
>> openSuseleap 15)
>
> Perhaps it is the way you are trying to save.  Have you tried by going to:
>
> File >> Save as ....
>
> Now you have many options to save the page.
>
> How exactly are you doing this?  Please post the step we should follow
> to replicate your problems.  We don't have the problems you are
> describing but it could be that you don't know how to save the page.
> Majority of us are on Windows System so you need to know this.

Just completing Good Guy message.

I am on linux, Firefox 52.2.0 ESR. And I have the option to save the
page: menu "File" > "Save page as (CTRL+s)". There is no menu option
which name is simply "Save". In the window that opens when I click that
menu option, I have these options to file type: "Web page, complete",
"Web page, just HTML", "Text files", "All files".

The last two options puzzle me a bit. "Text files" shouldn't be plural,
IMO. And what will be saved when we choose "All files"? But that is
another discussion... the option the original poster complains about is
there.

--
=

On Saturday, March 17, 2018 at 7:33:18 AM UTC+8, Good Guy wrote:

> On 09/03/2018 12:22, [hidden email]
>       wrote:
>
>       I have 58.0.2 for linux
> when I save a webpage and select HTML only, it still saves as Web page complete
> with the extra directory. I do not want this!!!!
> Also happened with the previous version, I forgot which (it came with
> openSuseleap 15)
>
>     Perhaps it is the way you are trying to save.  Have you tried by
>     going to:
>
>     File >> Save as ....
>
>     Now you have many options to save the page.
>
>     How exactly are you doing this?  Please post the step we should
>     follow to replicate your problems.  We don't have the problems you
>     are describing but it could be that you don't know how to save the
>     page.  Majority of us are on Windows System so you need to know
>     this.

OK I right click the page and select Save Page As
then I change Filter to Web page HTML only
then click Save

By the way, this is in Suse Leap 15
I also tried in Suse Linux Enterprise 15, which is very similar, but uses
an older version of Firefox. That saves the page how I specified.
I also have a Windows 7 system, and Firefox saves correctly thereon.
So it is presumably a glitch in the latest linux build.
Anyway, I installed Chromium, even though I hate it, in case I want to save
some other web pages.