cannot get Thunderbird to open when clicking on E-mail link

cannot get Thunderbird to open when clicking on E-mail link

citizen
Not only Firefox, but also other browsers.  Not sure if this is actually
a Thunderbird problem or has something to do with Windows 10 Pro Insider
Preview.

Here's an example from Firefox:
https://squareup.com/market/country-mill-farms-llc

Re: cannot get Thunderbird to open when clicking on E-mail link

Jörg Knobloch
On 05/09/2019 21:11, [hidden email] wrote:
> Not only Firefox, but also other browsers.  Not sure if this is
> actually a Thunderbird problem or has something to do with Windows 10
> Pro Insider Preview.
>
> Here's an example from Firefox:
> https://squareup.com/market/country-mill-farms-llc

There have been various problems with clicking links recently either in
TB to launch FF or in FF to launch TB :-(

Should all be fixed in TB 68.1 which will be released soon.

TB 70 beta 1 should work as well, but mailto: links are broken and don't
launch TB when clicked in a browser.

Which version are you using?

Re: cannot get Thunderbird to open when clicking on E-mail link

Wayne-2
On 9/5/2019 3:22 PM, Jörg Knobloch wrote:
> Which version are you using?

his user agent says 69.0

Re: cannot get Thunderbird to open when clicking on E-mail link

s|b-2
On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 15:11:25 -0400, [hidden email] wrote:

> Not only Firefox, but also other browsers.  Not sure if this is actually
> a Thunderbird problem or has something to do with Windows 10 Pro Insider

Same here. It's been like that for a while. But TB /does/ open a new
window with the selected e-mailadress. I'm using 60.8.0. Not really
inclined to install 68.x since this breaks several add-ons.

--
s|b