can't remove reminder of recurring event.

can't remove reminder of recurring event.

opto
the birthdays was on Aug. 4th, but the reminder doesn't go away . I can kill it with the cross top right, but it comes back. all other buttons do nothing, the dialog stays.
TB 52.2.1  , Win 10.

any ideas? Thanks,
Klaus

Re: can't remove reminder of recurring event.

STF-7
On 2017.08.08 17:23, opto wrote:
> the birthdays was on Aug. 4th, but the reminder doesn't go away . I can kill it with the cross top right, but it comes back. all other buttons do nothing, the dialog stays.
> TB 52.2.1  , Win 10.
>
> any ideas? Thanks,
> Klaus

What do you want to remove?  The reminder or the event?

Re: can't remove reminder of recurring event.

opto
Theater reminder

Re: can't remove reminder of recurring event.

opto
The reminder it Should be possible to Close it After the Event.
This Problem is new.

On 2017.08.08 19:19, opto wrote:
> The reminder it Should be possible to Close it After the Event.
> This Problem is new.

In the "Reminders" window, when you choose an event, there will be two
buttons: "Snooze for" & "Dismiss".

In my test, if I press the "Dismiss" button, the event goes away from
Reminder.  Is this what you are looking for?

If not, I have some questions and remarks:
* Your calendar is hosted in Gmail, right?

* In Gmail, a *separate* calendar for birthday is created
*automatically* by Gmail.  Are you talking about it?

* Or did you create your own birthday events?  And how did you create
them?  I mean, in "New Event" dialog, there is the option called
"Repeat".  Did you use it?

Re: can't remove reminder of recurring event.

opto
No gmail. This is a Local ICS calendar.

Dismiss does nothing.

On 2017.08.09 14:54, opto wrote:
> No gmail. This is a Local ICS calendar.

As far as I know, local calendar is NOT stored in ICS format.  It's
stored in some SQL database.

So, did you mean you *imported an ICS file* which represented the
birthday event?

Or did you created a local calendar in *Your computer* and then created
a recurrent birthday event?

> Dismiss does nothing.

In my test, I created a local calendar in my computer.  Then I created a
recurrent event in this calendar like the attached image.  With this
event, the Dismiss button was working fine for me.

If you imported an ICS file, maybe the problem comes from the file
content.  Maybe the content was not correctly formatted?

On 2017.08.09 17:21, STF wrote:

> On 2017.08.09 14:54, opto wrote:
>> No gmail. This is a Local ICS calendar.
>
> As far as I know, local calendar is NOT stored in ICS format.  It's
> stored in some SQL database.
>
> So, did you mean you *imported an ICS file* which represented the
> birthday event?
>
> Or did you created a local calendar in *Your computer* and then created
> a recurrent birthday event?
>
>> Dismiss does nothing.
>
> In my test, I created a local calendar in my computer.  Then I created a
> recurrent event in this calendar like the attached image.  With this
> event, the Dismiss button was working fine for me.
>
> If you imported an ICS file, maybe the problem comes from the file
> content.  Maybe the content was not correctly formatted?

Bump!  I just realized that attachments are removed by mailing-list server!

I've uploaded the image elsewhere.  The URL to view it is
http://imgur.com/a/vdY6x

I'll also send it to you in Gmail