can anyone confirm flush behaviour if a widget has several datasources (CDS)

rvj

can anyone confirm flush behaviour if a widget has several datasources (CDS)

rvj

1. if a widget has ds1 and ds2 attached and  I delete and create new
assertions
   all the new assertions seem to get flushed to ds2 (the last ds
attached) - is this correct ?

2. what I actually have is unique 'refs' associated with each datasource
"ds1" and "ds2"
    so that when I display the content - I only display the content of one
ds at a time

    <tree   ref="ds1" /> or <tree   ref="ds2" />

   I assumed that any changes made to the content under a particular ref in
theory should be flushed to the    appropriate ds  - is the wrong ?

3. therefore am I correct in thinking that only one datasource is allowed
when applying updates?

4. ... and conversly is there no support for composite source updates?

Re: can anyone confirm flush behaviour if a widget has several datasources (CDS)

Neil-4
rvj wrote:

>if a widget has ds1 and ds2 attached and I delete and create new assertions all the new assertions seem to get flushed to ds2 (the last ds attached) - is this correct ?

I believe deletions go to the ds in which they are asserted but new
assertions go to the first available writable ds. (Actually deletions
are more complex if their ds isn't writable).

>I assumed that any changes made to the content under a particular ref in theory should be flushed to the appropriate ds  - is the wrong ?

A ds is simply a set of assertions. A composite ds is simply a list of
sets. Without help from the programmer (that's you) there's no way to
tell which set you want your assertion to be in. You're best off
asserting directly to the correct ds yourself.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.