building thunderbird

Gabriele Bulfon
Hi, I'm trying to upgrade thunderbird on our XStreamOS/illumos desktop.
Starting at 49.0b1 source build and moving up.

I'm having trouble forcing the source tree to build ldap and calendar.
Looks like it's ignoring any configure option on this, leaving the ldap and calendar directories untouched.

Is there anything I may do to check what's wrong?

Gabriele

Re: building thunderbird

Gabriele Bulfon
Forgot to add : I'm still using "./configure ...", should I switch to "mach"? Any problem I may encounter under the Solaris 11 arena? :)

Sonicle S.r.l. http://www.sonicle.com

Re: building thunderbird

Gabriele Bulfon
I also tried putting all my options in .mozconfig, and run mach build, but I get this:

sonicle@xstreamdev:/data/sources/sonicle/xstream-desktop-gate/components/thunderbird/build/i86$ mozilla/mach build
Error loading mozconfig: /data/sources/sonicle/xstream-desktop-gate/components/thunderbird/build/i86/.mozconfig

Evaluation of your mozconfig exited with an error. This could be triggered
by a command inside your mozconfig failing. Please change your mozconfig
to not error and/or to catch errors in executed commands.

mozconfig output:

/data/sources/sonicle/xstream-desktop-gate/components/thunderbird/build/i86/mozilla/python/mozbuild/mozbuild/mozconfig_loader[70]: .[13]: local: not found [No such file or directory]

Sonicle S.r.l. http://www.sonicle.com

Da: Gabriele Bulfon <[hidden email]>
A: dev-builds <[hidden email]>
Data: 12 marzo 2017 17.13.49 CET
Oggetto: Re: building thunderbird

Forgot to add : I'm still using "./configure ...", should I switch to "mach"? Any problem I may encounter under the Solaris 11 arena? :)

Sonicle S.r.l. http://www.sonicle.com

Re: building thunderbird

Gabriele Bulfon
Oh yes, found that : not every unix /bin/sh defaults to bash. a very long and old debate.
Looks like mozonfig.py defaults to "sh" instead of bash, while then it uses bash specifics ("local" variables).
Patched to use bash instead.

Sonicle S.r.l. http://www.sonicle.com

Da: Gabriele Bulfon <[hidden email]>
A: dev-builds <[hidden email]>