beautiful bible text

GerardJan-8

Hoe zoet zijn Uw woorden voor mijn gehemelte,
zoeter dan honing voor mijn mond.

Psalm 119:103

Israel celebrates its 70th birhday

GerardJan-8
GerardJan wrote on 18/04/2018 20:38:

> Hoe zoet zijn Uw woorden voor mijn gehemelte,
> zoeter dan honing voor mijn mond.
>
> Psalm 119:103

Israel is celebrating its 70th birthday. Festivities begin in the
evening and continue throughout the day. Happy Birthday Israel!

By: World Israel News Staff

Israel made the complex transition from Yom Hazikaron (Memorial Day) to
Yom Ha’atzmaut (Independence Day) on Wednesday night, as the official
ceremony kicked off the celebration that took place on Mount Herzl, in
Jerusalem.

Each year, Yom Ha’atzmaut – Israel’s Independence Day – begins
immediately following Yom HaZikaron, Israel’s Memorial Day, in memory of
fallen soldiers and victims of terror. This transition from somber
remembrance to joyous celebration helps serve as a reminder that the
State of Israel owes its existence to those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

This remarkable ability to grieve for the fallen and then rejoice in the
miracle of the Jewish State is manifest in the State of Israel, where
the people continue to look to the future with hope and optimism.

The state ceremony that ushers in Yom Ha’atzmaut takes place at Mount
Herzl, Israel’s military cemetery, by the grave of Theodor Herzl, one of
the founders of Modern Zionism. The flag, which was at half mast for Yom
HaZikaron, was raised to the top of the pole. The celebration includes
soldiers marching with flags creating various formations, hundreds of
dancers, and of course, fireworks. The program is televised on Israeli
TV channels.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu lit a torch during the state ceremony
marking the commencement of Israel’s 70th Yom Ha’atzmaut on behalf of
all the governments of Israel since the establishment of the state.

Another 12 dignitaries, equaling the number of Israel’s tribes in the
bible, were honored with lighting a torch during the ceremony on Mount
Herzl. They were selected for their outstanding contributions to the
country and Israeli society. It is considered one of Israel’s highest
honors.

Many museums and cultural institutions across the country open their
doors to the public during the holiday, and there is a wide variety of
events and activities for families.

One of the most popular traditions for Israelis is to barbecue, called
the “mangal,” and to go hiking in nature reserves. Parks are packed with
people grilling their meat as they give thanks for the State of Israel.

Another popular event on Yom Ha’atzmaut is the annual International
Bible Contest, a worldwide competition on the Tanach (Jewish Bible) for
high-school students held at the Jerusalem Theater. The competition,
broadcast live on Israeli TV and radio, is sponsored by the Israeli
government and is attended by the prime minister.

Each year, the Israel Air Force (IAF) also displays its military
strength with a flyover across the country. Residents from north to
south check the schedule ahead of time to know when the planes will pass
over their neighborhoods.

Israeli societyYom Ha'atzmaut
Print Email 20 Comments

Recommended For You

     The Unusual Link Between Coconut Oil and Alzheimer's The Unusual
Link Between Coconut Oil and Alzheimer's memoryrepairprotocol.com
     Chiropractors Baffled: Simple Stretch Relieves Years of Back Pain
(Watch) Chiropractors Baffled: Simple Stretch Relieves Years of Back
Pain (Watch) healthhacktips.com
     Flights In Spain At Ridiculously Low Prices Flights In Spain At
Ridiculously Low Prices Save 70
     New Site Finds the Cheapest Flights in Seconds! New Site Finds the
Cheapest Flights in Seconds! TripsShop.com

     (2018) Top 5 Trusted Antivirus Providers. You won’t believe #1.
(2018) Top 5 Trusted Antivirus Providers. You won’t believe #1. My
Antivirus Review
     Apple’s New Software Is A Game Changer Apple’s New Software Is A
Game Changer hoogahunk.com
     Foxconn to Manufacture Blockchain Phone From Sirin Labs Foxconn to
Manufacture Blockchain Phone From Sirin Labs Bloomberg for Citizen
     Drone Photos Reveal Intricate Patterns of Famous Cities Drone
Photos Reveal Intricate Patterns of Famous Cities farandwide

Recommended by

     New Vision Discovery Is Leaving Optometrists Baffled (Watch Now)
New Vision Discovery Is Leaving… healthnewstips.today
     5 legendary lost cities that have never been found 5 legendary lost
cities that have never been found From the Grapevine
     2 lightly injured in rock attack in Judea 2 lightly injured in rock
attack in Judea World Israel News
     Israeli researchers decipher Dead Sea Scroll Israeli researchers
decipher Dead Sea Scroll World Israel News

More From World Israel News

     Jews 'have a different concept of truth,' Polish priest tells
national TV
     Entire Jewish family among 12 killed in Costa Rica plane crash
     WATCH: Evidence reveals which color blue King Solomon wore
     holocaust education Archives | World Israel News
     Belgian deputy cabinet minister: Jerusalem is Israel’s capital
     WATCH: Is Europe warming up to polygamy among Muslim refugees?

More From Around The Web

     Archaeologists discover British soldiers were pretty wasted during
WWI (From the Grapevine)
     An amazing Hollywood romance you’ve probably never heard of (From
the Grapevine)
     The Way Jack Nicholson Spends His Millions Is Totally Awesome
(Work+Money)
     Nobody does spring color like Mother Nature (Environmental News and
Information | MNN - Mother Nature Network)
     Want Healthy Breakfast? Stick To These Tips (The Inner Beast)

Recommended by
Get the Latest Israel News!

Around The Web

     Hotel Prices In Spain Will Make You Want To Take A Vaction Now
Hotel Prices In Spain Will Make You Want To Take A Vaction Now
www.tripsinsider.com

     Australian National Measurement Institute Creates New Digital PCR
Reference Material Australian National Measurement Institute Creates New
Digital PCR Reference Material GenomeWeb

     Divers discover 1,600-year-old shipwreck treasure Divers discover
1,600-year-old shipwreck treasure From the Grapevine

     8 best press reactions to the Hyundai NEXO 8 best press reactions
to the Hyundai NEXO Newsroom | Hyundai Media Newsroom

     Retired city bus converted into tiny living space Retired city bus
converted into tiny living space From the Grapevine

     Crush Your Enemies in This Free-To-Play Online Strategy Game Crush
Your Enemies in This Free-To-Play Online Strategy Game Vikings

     What trading and 'crypto' communities speaking about? What trading
and 'crypto' communities speaking about? Web Financial Group

Re: beautiful bible text

GerardJan-8
GerardJan wrote on 18/04/2018 20:38:

> Hoe zoet zijn Uw woorden voor mijn gehemelte,
> zoeter dan honing voor mijn mond.
>
> Psalm 119:103

Deze boodschap is betrouwbaar en verdient onze volledige instemming:
Christus Jezus is in de wereld gekomen om zondaars te redden.
1 Timoteus 1:15 (NBV)

Re: beautiful bible text

GerardJan-8
GerardJan wrote on 23/04/2018 17:20:

> GerardJan wrote on 18/04/2018 20:38:
>>
>> Hoe zoet zijn Uw woorden voor mijn gehemelte,
>> zoeter dan honing voor mijn mond.
>>
>> Psalm 119:103
>>
> Deze boodschap is betrouwbaar en verdient onze volledige instemming:
> Christus Jezus is in de wereld gekomen om zondaars te redden.
> 1 Timoteus 1:15 (NBV)

De wet is door Mozes gegeven, maar goedheid en waarheid zijn met Jezus
Christus gekomen. Niemand heeft ooit God gezien, maar de enige Zoon, die
zelf God is, die aan het hart van de Vader rust, heeft hem doen kennen.
-- Johannes 1:17-18 (NBV)

Re: beautiful bible text for today, sunday

GerardJan-8
GerardJan wrote on 18/04/2018 20:38:

> Hoe zoet zijn Uw woorden voor mijn gehemelte,
> zoeter dan honing voor mijn mond.
>
> Psalm 119:103

Want in hem is de goddelijke volheid lichamelijk aanwezig, en omdat u
één bent met hem, het hoofd van alle machten en krachten, bent ook u van
die volheid vervuld. -- Kolossenzen 2:9-10

Re: beautiful bible text for today, sunday

GerardJan-8

Jahweh, u bent mijn God. Ik zal u hulde bewijzen, uw naam loven. Want
wonderbaarlijk zijn uw daden, u hebt uw beleid sinds mensenheugenis
trouw en betrouwbaar uitgevoerd. -- Jesaja 25:1 (NBV)

O HERE, Gij zijt mijn God, U zal ik verheffen, uw naam loven, want Gij
hebt wonderen gedaan, raadsbesluiten uit een ver verleden in waarheid en
trouw volvoerd. -- Jesaja 25:1 (NBG)

Re: beautiful bible text

GerardJan-8
Jullie zijn mijn schapen, de schapen die ik weid; jullie zijn mensen en
ik ben jullie God – zo spreekt God, de HEER. -- Ezechiel 34:31 (NBV)

Gij toch zijt mijn schapen, de schapen die Ik weid; gij zijt mensen en
Ik ben uw God, luidt het woord van de Here HERE. -- Ezechiel 34:31 (NBG)

Re: beautiful bible text

GerardJan-12
Daarom ook is iemand die één met Christus is, een nieuwe schepping. Het oude is
voorbij, het nieuwe is gekomen. -- 2 Korintiers 5:17 (NBV)

Zo is dan wie in Christus is een nieuwe schepping; het oude is voorbijgegaan,
zie, het nieuwe is gekomen. -- 2 Korintiers 5:17 (NBG)

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
SeaMonkey/2.49.3
Build identifier: 20180403170715

Fedora 20 Linux

Re: beautiful bible text

GerardJan-12
GerardJan wrote:

> Hoe zoet zijn Uw woorden voor mijn gehemelte,
> zoeter dan honing voor mijn mond.
>
> Psalm 119:103

Geprezen zij de naam Gods van eeuwigheid tot eeuwigheid, want Hem behoort de
wijsheid en de kracht! Hij toch verandert tijden en stonden, Hij zet koningen af
en stelt koningen aan, Hij verleent wijsheid aan wijzen en kennis aan hen die
inzicht hebben. Hij openbaart ondoorgrondelijke en verborgen dingen, Hij weet
wat in het duister is, en het licht woont bij Hem. U, o God mijner vaderen, loof
en roem ik, omdat Gij mij wijsheid en kracht verleend hebt. -- Daniel 2:20-22 (NBG)

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
SeaMonkey/2.49.3
Build identifier: 20180403170715

Fedora 20 Linux

Re: beautiful bible text

GerardJan-12
It is God’s mandate that Jews and Christians alike strive to ensure that the
People of Israel are cared for;

“For there will never cease to be needy ones in your land,
which is why I command you: open your hand to the poor and needy kinsman in your
land.”
(Deuteronomy 15:11)

GerardJan wrote:

> Hoe zoet zijn Uw woorden voor mijn gehemelte,
> zoeter dan honing voor mijn mond.
>
> Psalm 119:103

God zij gedankt dat hij ons, die één zijn met Christus, in zijn triomftocht
meevoert en dat hij overal door ons de kennis over hem verspreidt als een
aangename geur. Wij zijn de wierook die Christus brandt voor God, zowel onder
hen die worden gered als onder hen die verloren gaan. -- 2 Korintiers 2:14-15 (NBV)

Maar God zij gedankt, die ons te allen tijde in Christus doet zegevieren en de
reuk van zijn kennis allerwegen door ons verspreidt, want wij zijn voor God een
geur van Christus onder hen, die gered worden, en onder hen, die verloren gaan.
-- 2 Korintiers 2:14-15 (NBG)

[hidden email] wrote:
 > Uw bericht

Ik kom spoedig. Houd vast aan wat u hebt, dan zal niemand u de lauwerkrans
kunnen afnemen. -- Openbaring 3:11 (NBV)

Ik kom spoedig; houd vast wat gij hebt, opdat niemand uw kroon neme. --
Openbaring 3:11 (NBG)

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
SeaMonkey/2.49.3
Build identifier: 20180403170715

Fedora 20 Linux

Re: beautiful bible text

GerardJan-12
Mijn zoon, streef naar bedachtzaamheid en wijs beraad, verlies die nooit uit het
oog. Ze zullen een bron van leven voor je zijn, een sieraad om je hals. --
Spreuken 3:21-22 (NBV)

Mijn zoon, laat ze niet wijken uit uw ogen, bewaar overleg en bedachtzaamheid,
dan zullen wij het leven voor uw ziel zijn, een sieraad voor uw hals. --
Spreuken 3:21-22 (NBG)

for Miriam, she has her birthday today

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
SeaMonkey/2.49.3
Build identifier: 20180403170715

Fedora 20 Linux

Re: beautiful bible text (1st Pentecostal day)

GerardJan-12
GerardJan wrote:

> Hoe zoet zijn Uw woorden voor mijn gehemelte,
> zoeter dan honing voor mijn mond.
>
> Psalm 119:103

Wees als gehoorzame kinderen en geef niet opnieuw toe aan de begeerten waardoor
u vroeger, toen u nog onwetend was, werd beheerst, maar leid een leven dat in
alle opzichten heilig is, zoals hij die u geroepen heeft heilig is. -- 1 Petrus
1:14-15 (NBV)

Voegt u, als gehoorzame kinderen, niet naar de begeerten uit de tijd uwer
onwetendheid, maar gelijk Hij, die u geroepen heeft, heilig is, wordt (zo) ook
gijzelf heilig in al uw wandel. -- 1 Petrus 1:14-15 (NBG)

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
SeaMonkey/2.49.3
Build identifier: 20180403170715

Fedora 20 Linux

Re: beautiful bible text

GerardJan-12
Loof de Jahwe, want hij is goed, eeuwig duurt zijn trouw.’ Zo spreken zij die
door de Jahwe zijn verlost, die hij verloste uit de greep van de angst. --
Psalmen 107:1-2

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
SeaMonkey/2.49.3
Build identifier: 20180403170715

Fedora 20 Linux

Re: beautiful bible text (2nd Pentecostal day)

GerardJan-12
Loof Jahwe, want hij is goed, eeuwig duurt zijn trouw.’ Zo spreken zij die door
Jahwe zijn verlost, die hij verloste uit de greep van de angst. -- Psalmen 107:1-2
etc.

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
SeaMonkey/2.49.3
Build identifier: 20180403170715

Fedora 20 Linux

Re: beautiful bible text

GerardJan-12
Ik, ík ben de HEER! Buiten mij is er niemand die redt. Ik heb redding
aangekondigd en redding gebracht, jullie hoorden het van mij, niet van een
vreemde. Jullie zijn mijn getuige – spreekt de HEER -, dat ik werkelijk God ben
en dat ik blijf wat ik ben. Niemand kan zich aan mijn macht onttrekken. Wat mijn
hand doet, wie maakt het ongedaan? -- Jesaja 43:11-13 (NBV)

Ik, Ik ben de HERE, en buiten Mij is er geen Verlosser. Ik heb verkondigd,
verlost en doen horen, en ben geen vreemde onder u; gij toch zijt mijn getuigen,
luidt het woord des HEREN, en Ik ben God. Ook voortaan ben Ik dezelfde en
niemand redt uit mijn hand. Ik werk, en wie zal het keren? -- Jesaja 43:11-13 (NBG)

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
SeaMonkey/2.49.3
Build identifier: 20180403170715

Fedora 20 Linux

Re: beautiful bible text for today

GerardJan-12
Gods genade is openbaar geworden tot redding van alle mensen. Ze leert ons dat
we goddeloze en wereldse begeerten moeten afwijzen en bezonnen, rechtvaardig en
vroom in deze wereld moeten leven, in afwachting van het geluk waarop wij hopen:
de verschijning van de majesteit van de grote God en van onze redder Jezus
Christus. -- Titus 2:11-13 (NBV)

Want de genade Gods is verschenen, heilbrengend voor alle mensen, om ons op te
voeden, zodat wij, de goddeloosheid en wereldse begeerten verzakende, bezadigd,
rechtvaardig en godvruchtig in deze wereld leven, verwachtende de zalige hoop en
de verschijning der heerlijkheid van onze grote God en Heiland, Christus Jezus.
-- Titus 2:11-13 (NBG)

hoogachtend,

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
SeaMonkey/2.49.3
Build identifier: 20180403170715

Fedora 20 Linux

Re: beautiful bible text

GerardJan-12
Wie inzicht heeft doorgrondt deze woorden, wie wijs is neemt ze ter harte. Want
de wegen van Jahwe zijn recht: wie rechtvaardig is verlaat ze niet, maar wie
zich verzet komt ten val. -- Hosea 14:10 (NBV)

Wie wijs is, geve op deze dingen acht; wie verstandig is, erkenne ze. Want de
wegen des HEREN zijn recht: rechtvaardigen wandelen daarop, maar overtreders
struikelen er. -- Hosea 14:10 (NBG)

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
SeaMonkey/2.49.3
Build identifier: 20180403170715

Fedora 20 Linux

Re: beautiful bible text

GerardJan-12
De lessen van de wijze zijn een bron van leven, ze laten je ontkomen aan de
strikken van de dood. -- Spreuken 13:14 (NBV)

Het onderricht van de wijze is een bron des levens, om de strikken des doods te
ontwijken. -- Spreuken 13:14 (NBG)