banned from newsgroup

123456 ... 17

Re: banned from newsgroup

Chris Ilias-2
On 12/5/07 4:27 AM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
> You're getting to be as horrible as Chris is now.  Is this the way you
> treat people?  Is this the way you treat people
> within this community?  It sure it.  Come post within the
> Mozilla Newsgroups, and this is the way you'll be treated.
> Sounds very nice doesn't it. Geee, lets cancel postings!
> Lets prevent someone from posting!  Now, lets ban people
> from posting!  Some community this is turning into be.

I hope no-one is stupid enough to believe it's that simple. And
generally speaking most people don't believe it is.

DISCLAIMER: When you receive a lack of response from me, and I've told
you this before [1], it's because when you want to argue, your intent is
to win the argument, not resolve the argument. In other words, you
defend your opinion to the death. It's a waste of time to argue with
you. Any responses you have received from me, have been to clear up
misunderstandings for everyone else.

If a person is close-minded enough to only see message removal as a bad
thing, that person is ignorant. We've received a number of complaints
about your behaviour. Remember this[2]:
"Please get this idiot off the group or all of the rest of us will quit
wasting our time and leave!"

Given the request above, members of the community are asking for posts
to be removed, and people to be banned; and remember you cited a
document saying we should be responsive to the community. Obviously,
it's not that simple. There are judgement calls to be made, and each
case is different. Community building includes getting rid of posts from
spammers, trolls, and other people abusing the server. Whoring ourselves
to everyone who posts is not productive.

A combination of factors resulted in your banishment from
mozilla.test.multimedia (not the entire news server). It had nothing to
do with copyright, or the difference between embedding a file vs.
embedding a link. You have a history of using MTMM for file sharing [3].
I saw the thread in mozilla.general that caused you to post in MTMM [4];
and you didn't start using the "It was a test" argument, until I said
that I assumed your other posts were tests. Because you went as far as
trying to pawn off your post as a test, I was not confident that you
weren't going to continue using MTMM for file sharing. Trying to discuss
it in detail with you would have been a waste of time (explained in the
disclaimer). Given your history of stubbornness [5][6], and quest to
find loopholes in newsgroup policy, I just can't trust you on MTMM.

I do apologize for not banning you in private, and not making my reasons
clear.

[1]<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/msg/1a6ae6429959dbeb>
[2]<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/msg/95546b4222daf904>
[3]<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.test.multimedia/msg/3897fb7e481a90f9>
[4]<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/browse_frm/thread/5149ba0747fd93ca>
[5]<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/browse_frm/thread/c092ad3f402f01ea>
[6]<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.general/browse_frm/thread/c962ace1497747f0>

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>

Re: banned from newsgroup

Christopher Jahn
Chris Ilias <[hidden email]> wrote in news:-
[hidden email]:

> I just can't trust you on MTMM.

The problem, Chris, is that increasingly WE can't trust YOU.

I've followed this issue; you are clearly in the wrong on this
issue.  He did not misuse the group, his post was not off-topic.
his post on MTMM is consistent with its use since its creation.

Yes, Peter can be a jackass.  But increasingly, you are worse,
and what's more, you are now impeding peer support.  You are
clearly abusing the position you have, and it's past time you
were removed from it.

--
}:-)       Christopher Jahn
{:-(       http://manormaniac.blogspot.com/

Nothing quite like the feel of something new...

Re: banned from newsgroup

Chris Ilias-2
On 12/5/07 6:50 PM, _Christopher Jahn_ spoke thusly:

> Chris Ilias <[hidden email]> wrote in news:-
> [hidden email]:
>
>> I just can't trust you on MTMM.
>>

> The problem, Chris, is that increasingly WE can't trust YOU.
>
> I've followed this issue; you are clearly in the wrong on this
> issue.  He did not misuse the group, his post was not off-topic.
> his post on MTMM is consistent with its use since its creation.

There's where I disagree. He admitted that he uses MTMM for file sharing
[1]; so there's no clear way to determine the intent of his posts.

[1]<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.test.multimedia/msg/3897fb7e481a90f9>

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>

Re: banned from newsgroup

Clay-2
Chris Ilias wrote:

> On 12/5/07 6:50 PM, _Christopher Jahn_ spoke thusly:
>> Chris Ilias <[hidden email]> wrote in news:-
>> [hidden email]:
>>
>>> I just can't trust you on MTMM.
>>>

>> The problem, Chris, is that increasingly WE can't trust YOU.
>>
>> I've followed this issue; you are clearly in the wrong on this issue.
>> He did not misuse the group, his post was not off-topic.  his post on
>> MTMM is consistent with its use since its creation.
>
> There's where I disagree. He admitted that he uses MTMM for file sharing
> [1]; so there's no clear way to determine the intent of his posts.
>
> [1]<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.test.multimedia/msg/3897fb7e481a90f9>

[CI]
"Please don't use this newsgroup for binary sharing. The reason why
Giganews wanted this newsgroup moderated was because they feared it
would be used as a dump group"
[PPtPH]
"And why are you complaining about it now? I've been doing it
for some time, and you [or JoeS] should have murmured then.
   Not a myriad of postings later."

Nicely spun!
If you ever look to change careers you'd fit right in as a politician or
attorney.

With your logic, everyone who posts to the list is "sharing" and should
be banned...

--
100% money back guarantee!
If at any time you are dissatisfied with the performance of your Mozilla

Re: banned from newsgroup

Chris Ilias wrote:

> On 12/5/07 6:50 PM, _Christopher Jahn_ spoke thusly:
>> Chris Ilias <[hidden email]> wrote in news:-
>> [hidden email]:
>>
>>> I just can't trust you on MTMM.
>>>
>> The problem, Chris, is that increasingly WE can't trust YOU.
>>
>> I've followed this issue; you are clearly in the wrong on this
>> issue.  He did not misuse the group, his post was not off-topic.
>> his post on MTMM is consistent with its use since its creation.
>
> There's where I disagree. He admitted that he uses MTMM for file sharing
> [1]; so there's no clear way to determine the intent of his posts.
>
> [1]<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.test.multimedia/msg/3897fb7e481a90f9>

there you go again.  Misinterpreting and twisting things
around to suit you.  Thats not what I said.  Read it again
and this time, comprehend what was said.  You clain you're
not an idiot
[news://news.mozilla.org:119/[hidden email]],
so prove it.

Warning: Private emails to me may become public

Posting of this message may get me banned from the Mozilla
Newsgroups, as its not "contributing to the developement of
the Mozilla Project"

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: banned from newsgroup

Irwin Greenwald-4
On 12/5/2007 4:02 PM, Chris Ilias wrote:

> On 12/5/07 6:50 PM, _Christopher Jahn_ spoke thusly:
>> Chris Ilias <[hidden email]> wrote in news:-
>> [hidden email]:
>>
>>> I just can't trust you on MTMM.
>>>

>> The problem, Chris, is that increasingly WE can't trust YOU.
>>
>> I've followed this issue; you are clearly in the wrong on this issue.
>> He did not misuse the group, his post was not off-topic.  his post on
>> MTMM is consistent with its use since its creation.
>
> There's where I disagree. He admitted that he uses MTMM for file sharing
> [1]; so there's no clear way to determine the intent of his posts.
>
> [1]<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.test.multimedia/msg/3897fb7e481a90f9>

As you well know, I am no defender of the Hippo, but I am confused by
this discussion: Just what files can be shared via the links PP
supplied?  I went thru both pages and found a snippet on wikipedia and
free MP3s of the Star Spangled Banner and God Bless America on the
Tokens' site. Everything else was "Click here to buy...".

--
Irwin

Re: banned from newsgroup

Chris Ilias wrote:

> On 12/5/07 4:27 AM, _Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo_ spoke thusly:
>> You're getting to be as horrible as Chris is now.  Is this the way you
>> treat people?  Is this the way you treat people
>> within this community?  It sure it.  Come post within the
>> Mozilla Newsgroups, and this is the way you'll be treated.
>> Sounds very nice doesn't it. Geee, lets cancel postings!
>> Lets prevent someone from posting!  Now, lets ban people
>> from posting!  Some community this is turning into be.
>
> I hope no-one is stupid enough to believe it's that simple. And
> generally speaking most people don't believe it is.
>
> DISCLAIMER: When you receive a lack of response from me, and I've told
> you this before [1], it's because when you want to argue, your intent is
> to win the argument, not resolve the argument. In other words, you
> defend your opinion to the death. It's a waste of time to argue with
> you. Any responses you have received from me, have been to clear up
> misunderstandings for everyone else.

you just keep digging yourself into a hole and you know it.
  Thats why YOU don't want to resolve anything.  When
someone questions things you do, you tend to ignore them
until they go away.  You don't reply.  Note in the
newsgroups, and not privately in email.

> If a person is close-minded enough to only see message removal as a bad
> thing, that person is ignorant.

the only one closed minded is you.  You don't want to
discuss problems. Thats why you don't reply.

> We've received a number of complaints
> about your behaviour. Remember this[2]:
> "Please get this idiot off the group or all of the rest of us will quit
> wasting our time and leave!"

excuse me, but that was said in the general newsgroup, where
off topic discussion are permitted.

> Given the request above, members of the community are asking for posts
> to be removed, and people to be banned;

again, it was said in the general newsgroup.  When has Chris
J ever called me a jackass: only in the general groups.
Maybe I was a jackass, but it was only in the general
groups.  And so have all the other arguements.  And now,
because one person has requested that my postings be
removed, you have assumed that everyone, even in the support
groups, want me removed.  So, all the volunteer help that I
have provided mean crap all.  According to Gerv, it does.

So show me one post, from the support groups, that has
requested that I be banned or removed.

>  and remember you cited a
> document saying we should be responsive to the community. Obviously,
> it's not that simple. There are judgement calls to be made, and each
> case is different. Community building includes getting rid of posts from
> spammers, trolls, and other people abusing the server. Whoring ourselves
> to everyone who posts is not productive.

then why don't you ban other people.  For instance Chris J
and Irwin G for their abusiveness and gang banging toward
other people.  Especially when those other people don't see
it their way.  They have been far worse then me.  Or how
about Andrew DF for his foul language.  No you don't.  Only
I was the target.

> A combination of factors resulted in your banishment from
> mozilla.test.multimedia (not the entire news server). It had nothing to
> do with copyright, or the difference between embedding a file vs.
> embedding a link. You have a history of using MTMM for file sharing [3].

only you're the one saying that.  Not me, and I'm not
sharing anything with anyone.

> I saw the thread in mozilla.general that caused you to post in MTMM [4];
> and you didn't start using the "It was a test" argument, until I said
> that I assumed your other posts were tests. Because you went as far as
> trying to pawn off your post as a test, I was not confident that you
> weren't going to continue using MTMM for file sharing. Trying to discuss
> it in detail with you would have been a waste of time (explained in the
> disclaimer). Given your history of stubbornness [5][6], and quest to
> find loopholes in newsgroup policy, I just can't trust you on MTMM.
>
> I do apologize for not banning you in private, and not making my reasons
> clear.

I'm sorry, but an apology can't be accepted.  Its far too
late for that.

Lets see.   You managed to come up with all the above for
excuses, from the moment I posted in the multimedia test
group, until you banned me, all within the short 66 minutes.
  I think not.  You've dug yourself into a hole, and how
you're trying to back-track and dig yourself out. All you
could come up with from the original ban was "I saw the
thread in mozilla.general that caused you to post your
original message here." See:
news://news.mozilla.org:119/[hidden email]
   And that was your excuse.  Not all the excuses as
outlined above.  You're just coming up with all that
afterwards.  You've had time to think about it.  Thats why
it took you so long to reply here.  You've had time to
discuss your problem with Gerv and probably the other Spam
Mooses.  Now, you're trying to come out smelling like a
rose. You didn't think about it at the time you banned me.

And by the way, in the above excuses, you never did mention
anything about "Please don't use this newsgroup for binary
sharing" See:
news://news.mozilla.org:119/[hidden email].
  That was your original problem.  Everything listed above
is just icing on the cake.  The above only came after your
horrible deed.  Thats another reason it took you so long to
reply here. You had to think about it.  You had to come up
with excuses to get out of your hole.  None of the above was
ever mentioned in the banning posting; nor in the removal
email message.  You're just grasping at straws.

Warning: Private emails to me may become public

Posting of this message may get me banned from the Mozilla
Newsgroups, as its not "contributing to the developement of
the Mozilla Project"

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: banned from newsgroup

Chris Ilias-2
On 12/5/07 7:22 PM, _clay_ spoke thusly:

> Chris Ilias wrote:
>
>> There's where I disagree. He admitted that he uses MTMM for file
>> sharing [1]; so there's no clear way to determine the intent of his
>> posts.
>>
>> [1]<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.test.multimedia/msg/3897fb7e481a90f9>
>
> [CI]
> "Please don't use this newsgroup for binary sharing. The reason why
> Giganews wanted this newsgroup moderated was because they feared it
> would be used as a dump group"
> [PPtPH]
> "And why are you complaining about it now? I've been doing it
> for some time, and you [or JoeS] should have murmured then.
>   Not a myriad of postings later."
>
> Nicely spun!
> If you ever look to change careers you'd fit right in as a politician or
> attorney.
>
> With your logic, everyone who posts to the list is "sharing" and should
> be banned...

But that's not *why* they post them (ie. "don't use this newsgroup for...").
If someone says not to use a binary testing group for file sharing, one
would have try very hard to take it as "don't post any binaries at all".
And if one does take it that way, they would have to be very stupid,
because it's an extremely illogical interpretation.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>

Re: banned from newsgroup

PhillipJones
Terry R. wrote:

> On 12/5/2007 8:06 AM On a whim, Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T pounded out on
> the keyboard
>
>> Terry R. wrote:
>>> On 12/4/2007 9:19 AM On a whim, Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T pounded out
>>> on the keyboard

>>> Phillip,
>>>
>>> Are you sure you tried this:
>>> In Advanced, Config Editor, enter md5 and in the resulting lines there
>>> are two 40 bit entries, dbl-click both to change from false to "true".
>>>
>>> I recently installed Netscape Messenger and that is all I had to do,
>>> other than check SSL & set it for port 563.
>>>
>>   I do have port set for 563
>>

> Do you have SSL checked?  You have to complete ALL the suggestions.

Yes I have all set. I cut my teeth on the old Netscape Navigator 3.0.1 Gold.

Back when Mozilla was just the project name of Netscape and was not a
Company.

If you want to read and write to Netscape Test Multimedia and other
support groups you had no choice but the secure server. Or be eat up
with spam.

Re: banned from newsgroup

PhillipJones
Daniel wrote:

> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> squaredancer wrote:
>>> 3) again, gerv's posts: (quote)
>>> The Mozilla newsgroups are not anyone's personal playground or chatroom.
>>>   NOW - NOTE THIS  ONE!!
>>> Their primary use is for *getting project-related work* done.
>>>
>>> AND THIS ONE
>>> Peter, *what is your business in mozilla.test.multimedia anyway* ?
>>> If you
>>> are testing the Mozilla family of newsgroup clients, where are the bugs
>>> you've filed?
>>>
>>> AND THIS ONE TOPS ALL OTHERS:
>>> The Mozilla newsgroups are for the community of people working on the
>>> Mozilla project.
>>>
>>> so, dear friend and helper---
>>> WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE ??  or do you actually WORK on the
>>> Mozilla project?
>>>
>>> Please note carefully, before you reply - the quoted comments are
>>> from and by gerv.... in this thread.
>>
>> maybe you'll like my new sig line
>>

> Oh, come on now, Peter, surely you are aware that sig files should only
> be four to six lines long!! Nine line...what a scandle!!
>
> (at least that used to be the limit...haven't seen it mentioned for a
> while.)
>
> Daniel

How about my sig File.

Re: banned from newsgroup

»Q«
Billy Holmes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I swear, after being in the gentoo lists for so long and seeing how
> people treat each other, it amazes me how juvenile some people take
> criticism here.

Aww, now, c'mon, it was so bad on gentoo-dev that they added new lists
to try to divert the juvenile noise.

Re: banned from newsgroup

Leonidas Jones-2
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T wrote:
> Daniel wrote:
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>>> squaredancer wrote:
/snip/

>>> maybe you'll like my new sig line
>>>

>> Oh, come on now, Peter, surely you are aware that sig files should
>> only be four to six lines long!! Nine line...what a scandle!!
>>
>> (at least that used to be the limit...haven't seen it mentioned for a
>> while.)
>>
>> Daniel
>
> How about my sig File.

There is no hard and fast rule, some say four lines, some 6, some 8.
FGrom my standpoint, yours looks fine.

Lee

Re: banned from newsgroup

»Q«
Christopher Jahn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've been helping out with peer support since Mozilla got its own
> groups, and I was at SecNews before that.  He's knocked the
> warmth out of the groups. We were better off without his
> moderation, and I'm sorry you can't see what is obvious to a lot
> of us.

IMO, it's unfortunate that the piles of OT drivel that were posted in
the support groups[1] by a very few posters couldn't be gotten rid of in
some way that didn't have a chilling effect on the much less voluminous
chit-chat that most posters engaged in from time to time.  I agree with
you that the "warmth" of the support groups has decreased, but it's
obvious (to a lot of us? ;) that it's been worth it.

As it is, I'd much rather the friendly OT chit-chat continue here in
m.general;  IMO, continuing the old comraderie here is the next best
thing to having it in the support groups themselves.  Unfortunately,
having that here is difficult because m.general is now the place where
the couple of posters with hate-ons[2] for any kind of controls in the
groups vent, so there's a lot of flamage here.

[1] I don't mean the multimedia test group;  I don't deal with that
group, so I don't want to say anything about it.

[2] And here I don't mean posters such as you who post thoughtful
opinions about the health of the groups;  I mean the very few who start
the name-calling at every perceived opportunity.

Re: banned from newsgroup

Clay-2
Chris Ilias wrote:

> On 12/5/07 7:22 PM, _clay_ spoke thusly:
>> Chris Ilias wrote:
>>
>>> There's where I disagree. He admitted that he uses MTMM for file
>>> sharing [1]; so there's no clear way to determine the intent of his
>>> posts.
>>>
>>> [1]<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.test.multimedia/msg/3897fb7e481a90f9>
>>

>> [CI]
>> "Please don't use this newsgroup for binary sharing. The reason why
>> Giganews wanted this newsgroup moderated was because they feared it
>> would be used as a dump group"
>> [PPtPH]
>> "And why are you complaining about it now? I've been doing it
>> for some time, and you [or JoeS] should have murmured then.
>>   Not a myriad of postings later."
>>
>> Nicely spun!
>> If you ever look to change careers you'd fit right in as a politician
>> or attorney.
>>
>> With your logic, everyone who posts to the list is "sharing" and
>> should be banned...
>
> But that's not *why* they post them (ie. "don't use this newsgroup
> for...").
> If someone says not to use a binary testing group for file sharing, one
> would have try very hard to take it as "don't post any binaries at all".
> And if one does take it that way, they would have to be very stupid,
> because it's an extremely illogical interpretation.

Well, thanks for sharing that with me.
One would find it equally hard to take posting a link as posting
binaries or file sharing. Certainly not 'binary sharing' since no
binaries were posted.
An extremely illogical interpretation.
But this has all been said before, and you ignored it then too. so...

--
100% money back guarantee!
If at any time you are dissatisfied with the performance of your Mozilla
product, feel free to return it for a complete refund of your full
purchase price...
http://www.w3schools.com/images/downloadwww.gif

Re: banned from newsgroup

Chris Ilias-2
On 12/5/07 9:27 PM, _clay_ spoke thusly:

> Chris Ilias wrote:
>
>> But that's not *why* they post them (ie. "don't use this newsgroup
>> for...").
>> If someone says not to use a binary testing group for file sharing,
>> one would have try very hard to take it as "don't post any binaries at
>> all".
>> And if one does take it that way, they would have to be very stupid,
>> because it's an extremely illogical interpretation.
>
> Well, thanks for sharing that with me.
> One would find it equally hard to take posting a link as posting
> binaries or file sharing. Certainly not 'binary sharing' since no
> binaries were posted.
> An extremely illogical interpretation.

Which is why I assumed his other posts were tests. :-) This time, I saw
the thread which caused him to post. Regardless if the file is hosted on
the newsgroup, he is still using the newsgroup for file sharing.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>

Re: banned from newsgroup

Ed Mullen
Christopher Jahn wrote:

> Gervase Markham <[hidden email]> wrote in
> news:[hidden email]:
>
>> This is not to say that only people who are working on the
>> project are welcome, but it seems to me that those who are
>> active contributors in the community get to make the rules.
>
> GErv, as irritating as "peter" is, the fact is that I've watched
> participation in this group fall since Ilias took over.  I've
> been helping out with peer support since Mozilla got its own
> groups, and I was at SecNews before that.  He's knocked the
> warmth out of the groups. We were better off without his
> moderation, and I'm sorry you can't see what is obvious to a lot
> of us.

AMEN!

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Re: banned from newsgroup

Ed Mullen
Chris Ilias wrote:

> On 12/5/07 6:50 PM, _Christopher Jahn_ spoke thusly:
>> Chris Ilias <[hidden email]> wrote in news:-
>> [hidden email]:
>>
>>> I just can't trust you on MTMM.
>>>

>> The problem, Chris, is that increasingly WE can't trust YOU.
>>
>> I've followed this issue; you are clearly in the wrong on this issue.
>> He did not misuse the group, his post was not off-topic.  his post on
>> MTMM is consistent with its use since its creation.
>
> There's where I disagree. He admitted that he uses MTMM for file sharing
> [1]; so there's no clear way to determine the intent of his posts.
>
> [1]<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.test.multimedia/msg/3897fb7e481a90f9>

He didn't share a file.  He posted a link to a file.  Your
interpretation notwithstanding, he didn't "admit" anything in the post
you cited.  You over-reacted.  Again.  You are the problem.

This entire ugly thread is why ... oh, fuck it.  Why do I bother.  After
years of participating in these and the secnews groups I finally have
had it.  This is not only ignorant, not only illogical, not only
unsupportable, it is silly and self-destructive to the Mozilla
community.  Which you can all have to yourself now.  I hope Gerv and
Chris are happy now.  Goodbye.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Re: banned from newsgroup

Jay Garcia
On 05.12.2007 20:39, Chris Ilias wrote:

> On 12/5/07 9:27 PM, _clay_ spoke thusly:
>> Chris Ilias wrote:
>>
>>> But that's not *why* they post them (ie. "don't use this newsgroup
>>> for...").
>>> If someone says not to use a binary testing group for file sharing,
>>> one would have try very hard to take it as "don't post any binaries at
>>> all".
>>> And if one does take it that way, they would have to be very stupid,
>>> because it's an extremely illogical interpretation.
>>
>> Well, thanks for sharing that with me.
>> One would find it equally hard to take posting a link as posting
>> binaries or file sharing. Certainly not 'binary sharing' since no
>> binaries were posted.
>> An extremely illogical interpretation.
>
> Which is why I assumed his other posts were tests. :-) This time, I saw
> the thread which caused him to post. Regardless if the file is hosted on
> the newsgroup, he is still using the newsgroup for file sharing.

File Sharing:

File sharing usually follows the peer-to-peer (P2P) model, where the
files are stored on and served by personal computers of the users. Most
people who engage in file sharing on the Internet both provide (upload)
files and receive files (download).

P2P file sharing is distinct from file trading in that downloading files
from a P2P network does not require uploading, although some networks
either provide incentives for uploading such as credits or forcing the
sharing of files being currently downloaded.

Peter did not and has not engaged in "file sharing". He provided a link
to an mp3 file for Reg to test out and report back to the group for
further support.

For further clarification so that all users may benefit, please post all
the specific instances and names of files that Peter shared, by
definition, in MTMM .. thanks.

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape Champion
Marketing,Staff and Forums Consultant

Re: banned from newsgroup

Chris Ilias-2
On 12/5/07 9:51 PM, _Ed Mullen_ spoke thusly:
> Chris Ilias wrote:
>
>> There's where I disagree. He admitted that he uses MTMM for file
>> sharing [1]; so there's no clear way to determine the intent of his
>> posts.
>>
>> [1]<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.test.multimedia/msg/3897fb7e481a90f9>
>
> He didn't share a file.  He posted a link to a file.

If I want to share a file with you, I can either post a link to it, or
attach it to my message. Either way, I'm sharing it.

>  Your
> interpretation notwithstanding, he didn't "admit" anything in the post
> you cited.

So you're saying he misinterpreted what I said?
--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>

Re: banned from newsgroup

Billy Holmes
»Q« wrote:
> Aww, now, c'mon, it was so bad on gentoo-dev that they added new lists
> to try to divert the juvenile noise.

I haven't subscribed to gentoo-dev, but being on gentoo-server,
gentoo-amd64, and gentoo-user, everyone is pretty cordial and actually
takes the criticism well.
123456 ... 17