backups and restores

John Doneker
Hi:
1) We have a bugzilla db in test we need to backup. Until we choose what tool to use, can we restore, without any problems,
    from the server backup onto the Bugzilla DB without any hitches or problems if we need to?

2) Secondly, we have MySQL Admin which works fine. We are using the freeware version. But we find that the timer
   does not work in order to schedule a backup job automatically. It must be done automatically.
   Is this a software problem or is it a problem because we did not purchase MySQL Admin in which
  it would provide that function?

Thanks to all.

J. Wayne Doneker
BAE Systems
York Pa.
717 225 8109
Email: [hidden email]

Re: backups and restores

Peter Kay
John Doneker wrote:
> Hi:
> 1) We have a bugzilla db in test we need to backup. Until we choose what tool to use, can we restore, without any problems,
>     from the server backup onto the Bugzilla DB without any hitches or problems if we need to?

Also a good idea to have your localconfig file lying around.  I mean
backed up.

--Peter