automatic update not working

Susan Crayne
I have developed an extension for Firefox 3.5, and created an install.rdf
with updateURL and updateKey.  I have generated a hash from the xpi and
created an updateHash element with it in the update.rdf.  I have signed the
update.rdf.  When I upload the xpi and the update.rdf file to my server, and
I look at the addons window in Firefox and click on "find updates", the
update is found.  However, the update is not automatically found -- that is,
when I start Firefox, it is never the case that Firefox tells me that there
is a new update and asks if it should be installed.  Nor is the new update
installed automatically.  What should I check to solve this problem?
Thanks.

Susan

Re: automatic update not working

Robert Strong
It will only notify the user on startup if they didn't have the update
available when viewing the add-ons manager in order to not notify the
user repeatedly. Also, there is no option to auto install an extension
without user consent though that behavior is being reconsidered.

btw: these types of questions are better directed to the
[hidden email] mailing list.

Robert