auto-update of assignee upon change of status?

auto-update of assignee upon change of status?

greyhelm2
Does bugzilla have means to automatically update (based on preset parameter) the assignee of a bug, upon status getting changed, to say, "Resolved?"  I would love to have this be the case, that I could simply resolve a "development" ticket, and thus have QA lead person automatically get notified that ticket is fixed:  signifying it's time for quality assurance testing to begin.  But without QA having to see any/all prior notices regarding same ticket; only upon "Resolving" would they get automatically notified (unless they were already cc'd on other notices).  Any suggestions?

Re: auto-update of assignee upon change of status?

Gervase Markham
On 18/02/16 13:54, [hidden email] wrote:
> Does bugzilla have means to automatically update (based on preset
> parameter) the assignee of a bug, upon status getting changed, to
> say, "Resolved?"

No, not without customization.

> I would love to have this be the case, that I could
> simply resolve a "development" ticket, and thus have QA lead person
> automatically get notified that ticket is fixed:  signifying it's
> time for quality assurance testing to begin.

This is what the "QA Contact" field is for; QA people can query for
RESOLVED bugs where they are the QA contact, and work on those. The QA
contact field is per-component, and can be enabled in the Parameters.

Gerv

On Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 3:59:09 PM UTC-5, Gervase Markham wrote:

> On 18/02/16 13:54, [hidden email] wrote:
> > Does bugzilla have means to automatically update (based on preset
> > parameter) the assignee of a bug, upon status getting changed, to
> > say, "Resolved?"
>
> No, not without customization.
>
> > I would love to have this be the case, that I could
> > simply resolve a "development" ticket, and thus have QA lead person
> > automatically get notified that ticket is fixed:  signifying it's
> > time for quality assurance testing to begin.
>
> This is what the "QA Contact" field is for; QA people can query for
> RESOLVED bugs where they are the QA contact, and work on those. The QA
> contact field is per-component, and can be enabled in the Parameters.
>
> Gerv

Thanks!  I am new to bugzilla so need to know this.