attachment *.DAT to decode???

warp
hi there,

I have received an attachment xxxxx.dat. Any of my applications on
eCS1.2 supports this type, and I decoded it with fentun.exe under
Windows. (It contained two jpeg files....).

It seems this type is specific to MS Outlook. I've searched for an
appropriate extention which works on eCS1.2/Mozilla 1.7.12 on internet,
but none has been found.

How are you guys handling this sort of attachments?

cheers,
yo

Re: attachment *.DAT to decode???

Henry Sobotka
yo wrote:

> I have received an attachment xxxxx.dat. Any of my applications on
> eCS1.2 supports this type, and I decoded it with fentun.exe under
> Windows. (It contained two jpeg files....).
>
> It seems this type is specific to MS Outlook. I've searched for an
> appropriate extention which works on eCS1.2/Mozilla 1.7.12 on internet,
> but none has been found.
>
> How are you guys handling this sort of attachments?

I have an app called tnef.exe built from GNU src I dug up about two
years ago to deal with the same problem. Can't put it on Hobbes because
I can't find the src right now to do a proper package. But email me and
I can send it to you.

h~

Re: attachment *.DAT to decode???

Steven Levine
In <[hidden email]>, on 12/13/2005
   at 10:16 PM, Henry Sobotka <[hidden email]> said:

>I have an app called tnef.exe built from GNU src I dug up about two
>years ago to deal with the same problem. Can't put it on Hobbes because
>I can't find the src right now to do a proper package. But email me and
>I can send it to you.

There's also

 http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/util/archiver/tnef_1_2_0.zip

Steven

Re: attachment *.DAT to decode???

Henry Sobotka
Steven Levine wrote:

> There's also
>
>  http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/util/archiver/tnef_1_2_0.zip

Wasn't aware of that. My binary's timestamped 2004/02/07 which was the
day I needed and built it because there was nothing on Hobbes. The above
turned up almost two weeks later (2004/02/20). Also, the one here
reports version 1.2.3.1, so perhaps I was unwittingly in a timewarp.

h~