address bar 'improvement'

talatharas
stop giving us this 'upgraded address bar' improvement.  If the website is 'www.youtube.com' I don't need this little blurb saying 'this is youtube' or... this is 'X website' I'm typing in.

I know what website i'm going to... I don't need this telling me what I'm doing.  I hate having to try and find 'add-ons' that remove this 'functionality' upgrade you guys think we are so stupid that we don't know where we are going.

IF your so set on telling us 'where we want to go', then please, if you want to keep that, please, give us an option to turn it off.

Re: address bar 'improvement'

EE-2
[hidden email] wrote:
> stop giving us this 'upgraded address bar' improvement.  If the website is 'www.youtube.com' I don't need this little blurb saying 'this is youtube' or... this is 'X website' I'm typing in.
>
> I know what website i'm going to... I don't need this telling me what I'm doing.  I hate having to try and find 'add-ons' that remove this 'functionality' upgrade you guys think we are so stupid that we don't know where we are going.
>
> IF your so set on telling us 'where we want to go', then please, if you want to keep that, please, give us an option to turn it off.

I also hate parts of the address being hidden.  Why hide the protocol or
obscure everything but the domain and suffix?