ad-free browsing in Firefox for $5

EnDeeGee-2

Re: ad-free browsing in Firefox for $5

WaltS48-9
On 7/5/19 11:40 AM, EnDeeGee wrote:

> https://betanews.com/2019/07/05/mozilla-ad-free-internet-firefox/
>
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/y5y23lru

Interesting.

I'll ask the boss for a raise so I can afford all these only $9.99, only
$5.99, only $x.xx a month services I may want to use like Netflix,
YouTube, ad free browsing and whatever.

I just created a new profile for my financial advisor account with
Standard content blocking and no extensions because every time I would
try to log in they said my password was invalid.

Go through the procedure to identify myself and create a new password,
log in, take care of business, log out. Try again a week later and have
to repeat the procedure.

No problem with the new profile so far.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
Good job keeping those airports safe during the Revolutionary War

Re: ad-free browsing in Firefox for $5

The Real Bev
On 07/05/2019 02:46 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 7/5/19 11:40 AM, EnDeeGee wrote:
>>
>> https://betanews.com/2019/07/05/mozilla-ad-free-internet-firefox/
>>
>> http://preview.tinyurl.com/y5y23lru
>
> Interesting.
>
> I'll ask the boss for a raise so I can afford all these only $9.99, only
> $5.99, only $x.xx a month services I may want to use like Netflix,
> YouTube, ad free browsing and whatever.
>
> I just created a new profile for my financial advisor account with
> Standard content blocking and no extensions because every time I would
> try to log in they said my password was invalid.
>
> Go through the procedure to identify myself and create a new password,
> log in, take care of business, log out. Try again a week later and have
> to repeat the procedure.

One of my credit cards is that way.  I keep it because I get 5% back
when I use it in the store, but if I want to log in to the CC site I've
ALWAYS had to make a phone call to get in.  Every single time.

I don't know if it's something the droid on the phone does or if it's
just clearing out the cookies, which is always a part of the procedure,
but it's only this ONE CC that has the problem.

--
Cheers, Bev
    "This software is as user-friendly as a cornered rat!"