a11y Conferences

Peter-206
I'm working on compiling a list of a11y conferences with a focus on or
at least including accessible Web development, for myself and to share
as a blog post on http://blog.overscore.com. Would anyone have any
suggestions? So far I have a very un-extensive <grin /> list:

* W4A, April 20-21, http://www.w4a.info/
* CSUN, March 16-21, http://www.csun.edu/cod/conf/

Its nice to finally have funding to attend conferences (though much
thanks for past Mozilla Foundation funding <grin />)
-peter or p2 or thiessenp

Re: a11y Conferences

James Nam
when is there ever going to be one in Chicago so I can attend?
:)

James Nam
MIS
Department of Human Services.
Cell: 217-836-8546
Direct: 312-793-4168

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any files
or attachments transmitted with it are confidential and
may be protected by legal privilege. This e-mail is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this
e-mail is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient
of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail
from your system.

>>> Peter <[hidden email]> 9/30/2008 12:57 PM >>>
I'm working on compiling a list of a11y conferences with a focus on or
at least including accessible Web development, for myself and to share
as a blog post on http://blog.overscore.com. Would anyone have any
suggestions? So far I have a very un-extensive <grin /> list:

* W4A, April 20-21, http://www.w4a.info/
* CSUN, March 16-21, http://www.csun.edu/cod/conf/

Its nice to finally have funding to attend conferences (though much
thanks for past Mozilla Foundation funding <grin />)
-peter or p2 or thiessenp

Re: a11y Conferences

Steve Lee-3
Hi Peter, well over here on the Tea drinking side of of the Atlantic
we have had:

* Accessibility 2.0 - http://www.abilitynet.org.uk/accessibility2/
* Scripting enabled - http://scriptingenabled.org/

Hopefully both will run again next year

RAatE is coming up in December and usually at least touches on web issues

* RAatE - http://www.raate.org.uk/

--
Steve Lee
Open Source Assistive Technology Software and Accessibility

2008/9/30 Peter <[hidden email]>:

> I'm working on compiling a list of a11y conferences with a focus on or
> at least including accessible Web development, for myself and to share
> as a blog post on http://blog.overscore.com. Would anyone have any
> suggestions? So far I have a very un-extensive <grin /> list:
>
> * W4A, April 20-21, http://www.w4a.info/
> * CSUN, March 16-21, http://www.csun.edu/cod/conf/
>
> Its nice to finally have funding to attend conferences (though much
> thanks for past Mozilla Foundation funding <grin />)
> -peter or p2 or thiessenp

Re: a11y Conferences

Hironobu Takagi
Hi Peter,

We have an acm conference in October.

* ACM ASSETS (SIGACCESS Conference on Computers and Accessibility)
http://www.sigaccess.org/assets08/

I will demonstrate our Firefox plugin in my paper presetation about Social
Accessibility project.

Thanks
Hiro

---
Hironobu Takagi
Tokyo Research Laboratory, IBM Research

dev-accessibility-bounces+takagih=[hidden email] wrote on
2008/10/01 03:28:34:

> Hi Peter, well over here on the Tea drinking side of of the Atlantic
> we have had:
>
> * Accessibility 2.0 - http://www.abilitynet.org.uk/accessibility2/
> * Scripting enabled - http://scriptingenabled.org/
>
> Hopefully both will run again next year
>
> RAatE is coming up in December and usually at least touches on web
issues

> * RAatE - http://www.raate.org.uk/
>
> --
> Steve Lee
> Open Source Assistive Technology Software and Accessibility
> fullmeasure.co.uk
>

> 2008/9/30 Peter <[hidden email]>:
> > I'm working on compiling a list of a11y conferences with a focus on or
> > at least including accessible Web development, for myself and to share
> > as a blog post on http://blog.overscore.com. Would anyone have any
> > suggestions? So far I have a very un-extensive <grin /> list:
> >
> > * W4A, April 20-21, http://www.w4a.info/
> > * CSUN, March 16-21, http://www.csun.edu/cod/conf/
> >
> > Its nice to finally have funding to attend conferences (though much
> > thanks for past Mozilla Foundation funding <grin />)
> > -peter or p2 or thiessenp

Re: a11y Conferences

jared-30
There's also Accessing Higher Ground - http://www.colorado.edu/Atconference/

SXSW also has several panels on web accessibility each year.

WebAIM also provides a very intensive web accessibility training three
times per year - http://webaim.org/training/ We just concluded a
session today, but our next dates are tentatively set for Feb. 18-19.

Jared Smith
WebAIM

On Sep 30, 11:57 am, Peter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm working on compiling a list of a11y conferences with a focus on or
> at least including accessible Web development, for myself and to share
> as a blog post onhttp://blog.overscore.com. Would anyone have any
> suggestions? So far I have a very un-extensive <grin /> list:
>
> * W4A, April 20-21,http://www.w4a.info/
> * CSUN, March 16-21,http://www.csun.edu/cod/conf/
>
> Its nice to finally have funding to attend conferences (though much
> thanks for past Mozilla Foundation funding <grin />)
> -peter or p2 or thiessenp

Re: a11y Conferences

CaroleHOLDER26
freelance writer