Yet another bookmark search defect

Doug Kanter
In Firefox 1.07, if you search for a bookmark, and then right click on one
of the results, you cannot view its properties. Has this defect been fixed
in version 1.5?

Re: Yet another bookmark search defect

Moz Champion (Dan)
Doug Kanter wrote:

> "Moz Champion (Dan)" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:dpvmp7$[hidden email]...
>
>>Doug Kanter wrote:
>>
>>>In Firefox 1.07, if you search for a bookmark, and then right click on
>>>one of the results, you cannot view its properties. Has this defect been
>>>fixed in version 1.5?
>>
>>It would seem so <g>
>>
>>After searching for a bookmark, you can now choose the properties icon
>>from the toolbar if you left click, or the properties sub menu item from
>>the pop up list if you right click on the result.  Both give the same
>>result.
>

> Thanks. Now, the big question - which is the lesser of two evils? Living
> with this defect in 1.07, or switching to 1.5, which comes with a whole new
> set of defects I haven't seen yet. Any standouts, in your opinion?

I would suggest upgrading to 1.5 from 1.0.7

1.5 gives you several security enhancements, thousands of bug fixes and
several new features. See below

>     *  Automated update to streamline product upgrades. Notification of an update is more prominent, and updates to Firefox may now be half a megabyte or smaller. Updating extensions has also improved.
>     * Faster browser navigation with improvements to back and forward button performance.
>     * Drag and drop reordering for browser tabs.
>     * Improvements to popup blocking.
>     * Clear Private Data feature provides an easy way to quickly remove personal data through a menu item or keyboard shortcut.
>     * Answers.com is added to the search engine list.
>     * Improvements to product usability including descriptive error pages, redesigned options menu, RSS discovery, and "Safe Mode" experience.
>     * Better accessibility including support for DHTML accessibility and assistive technologies such as the Window-Eyes 5.5 beta screen reader for Microsoft Windows. Screen readers read aloud all available information in applications and documents or show the information on a Braille display, enabling blind and visually impaired users to use equivalent software functionality as their sighted peers.
>     * Report a broken Web site wizard to report Web sites that are not working in Firefox.
>     * Better support for Mac OS X (10.2 and greater) including profile migration from Safari and Mac Internet Explorer.
>     * New support for Web Standards including SVG, CSS 2 and CSS 3, and JavaScript 1.6.
>     * Many security enhancements.
>
> The Burning Edge has more detailed lists of new features and notable bug fixes.

Re: Yet another bookmark search defect

Doug Kanter

"Moz Champion (Dan)" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> Doug Kanter wrote:
>> "Moz Champion (Dan)" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
>> news:dpvmp7$[hidden email]...

>>>It would seem so <g>
>>>
>>>After searching for a bookmark, you can now choose the properties icon
>>>from the toolbar if you left click, or the properties sub menu item from
>>>the pop up list if you right click on the result.  Both give the same
>>>result.
>>

>> Thanks. Now, the big question - which is the lesser of two evils? Living
>> with this defect in 1.07, or switching to 1.5, which comes with a whole
>> new set of defects I haven't seen yet. Any standouts, in your opinion?
>
> I would suggest upgrading to 1.5 from 1.0.7
>
> 1.5 gives you several security enhancements, thousands of bug fixes and
> several new features. See below
>>     *  Automated update to streamline product upgrades. Notification of
>> an update is more prominent, and updates to Firefox may now be half a
>> megabyte or smaller. Updating extensions has also improved.
>>     * Faster browser navigation with improvements to back and forward
>> button performance.
>>     * Drag and drop reordering for browser tabs.
>>     * Improvements to popup blocking.
>>     * Clear Private Data feature provides an easy way to quickly remove
>> personal data through a menu item or keyboard shortcut.
>>     * Answers.com is added to the search engine list.
>>     * Improvements to product usability including descriptive error
>> pages, redesigned options menu, RSS discovery, and "Safe Mode"
>> experience.
>>     * Better accessibility including support for DHTML accessibility and
>> assistive technologies such as the Window-Eyes 5.5 beta screen reader for
>> Microsoft Windows. Screen readers read aloud all available information in
>> applications and documents or show the information on a Braille display,
>> enabling blind and visually impaired users to use equivalent software
>> functionality as their sighted peers.
>>     * Report a broken Web site wizard to report Web sites that are not
>> working in Firefox.
>>     * Better support for Mac OS X (10.2 and greater) including profile
>> migration from Safari and Mac Internet Explorer.
>>     * New support for Web Standards including SVG, CSS 2 and CSS 3, and
>> JavaScript 1.6.
>>     * Many security enhancements.
>>
>> The Burning Edge has more detailed lists of new features and notable bug
>> fixes.

Thanks for the info.