XUL accessibility grant phase 1 complete

XUL accessibility grant phase 1 complete

Aaron Andersen-2
Aaron Leventhal wanted me to post a quick note here to officially
announce that the first phase of the XUL accessibility grant
undertaken by WebAIM last fall has been completed. This grant dealt
with the creation of the XUL Accessibility Guidelines and the XUL
Accessibility Tool, available from http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XUL_accessibility_guidelines
and http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XUL_accessibility_tool
respectively. Although major work has been (for now) finished,
comments are still being accepted for both components.

Aaron

Re: XUL accessibility grant phase 1 complete

Steve Lee-3
That's comprehensive and provides a good introduction.
You could perhaps mention FireVox as an easily available and low cost
method of screen reader testing if the XUL is in FireFox?

On 6 Apr 2007 13:47:07 -0700, Aaron Andersen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Aaron Leventhal wanted me to post a quick note here to officially
> announce that the first phase of the XUL accessibility grant
> undertaken by WebAIM last fall has been completed. This grant dealt
> with the creation of the XUL Accessibility Guidelines and the XUL
> Accessibility Tool, available from http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XUL_accessibility_guidelines
> and http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XUL_accessibility_tool
> respectively. Although major work has been (for now) finished,
> comments are still being accepted for both components.
>
> Aaron

Steve Lee
www.fullmeasure.co.uk
www.oatsoft.org
www.schoolforge.org.uk

Re: XUL accessibility grant phase 1 complete

Aaron Leventhal
Steve,

Are we sure Fire Vox will test all the relevant things? Like,
<description control="[id]">

- Aaron

Steve Lee wrote:

> That's comprehensive and provides a good introduction.
> You could perhaps mention FireVox as an easily available and low cost
> method of screen reader testing if the XUL is in FireFox?
>
> On 6 Apr 2007 13:47:07 -0700, Aaron Andersen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Aaron Leventhal wanted me to post a quick note here to officially
>> announce that the first phase of the XUL accessibility grant
>> undertaken by WebAIM last fall has been completed. This grant dealt
>> with the creation of the XUL Accessibility Guidelines and the XUL
>> Accessibility Tool, available from http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XUL_accessibility_guidelines
>> and http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XUL_accessibility_tool
>> respectively. Although major work has been (for now) finished,
>> comments are still being accepted for both components.
>>
>> Aaron

Re: XUL accessibility grant phase 1 complete

Steve Lee-3
I'm not but, perhaps it could be developed to meet the need for a tester if not?
Charles?

On 4/9/07, Aaron Leventhal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Steve,
>
> Are we sure Fire Vox will test all the relevant things? Like,
> <description control="[id]">
>
> - Aaron
>
> Steve Lee wrote:
> > That's comprehensive and provides a good introduction.
> > You could perhaps mention FireVox as an easily available and low cost
> > method of screen reader testing if the XUL is in FireFox?
> >
> > On 6 Apr 2007 13:47:07 -0700, Aaron Andersen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Aaron Leventhal wanted me to post a quick note here to officially
> >> announce that the first phase of the XUL accessibility grant
> >> undertaken by WebAIM last fall has been completed. This grant dealt
> >> with the creation of the XUL Accessibility Guidelines and the XUL
> >> Accessibility Tool, available from http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XUL_accessibility_guidelines
> >> and http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XUL_accessibility_tool
> >> respectively. Although major work has been (for now) finished,
> >> comments are still being accepted for both components.
> >>
> >> Aaron

Steve Lee
www.fullmeasure.co.uk
www.oatsoft.org