XQS Files...?

Martin Rosenfeld-2
What are .xqs files in the Thunderbird and Firefox directories. I
noticed that most .dll files in these directories have a corresponding
.xqs file? Can I delete the .xqs files? If not, can I delete .xqs files
for.dll files I deleted to solve a loading problem?

Martin Rosenfeld

Re: XQS Files...?

Steve Wendt
On 6/24/2016 3:29 PM, Martin Rosenfeld wrote:

> What are .xqs files in the Thunderbird and Firefox directories. I
> noticed that most .dll files in these directories have a corresponding
> .xqs file? Can I delete the .xqs files? If not, can I delete .xqs files
> for.dll files I deleted to solve a loading problem?

The xqs files are debug symbols; if you have a crash that is logged by
exceptq, the xqs files provide information about the code that triggered
the crash.  If you delete a DLL, the corresponding XQS file serves no
purpose.  You can delete all of them if you like, but any crash logs
won't have as much information.