XML , SMIL, TIME support in Firefox?

avinaash
Hello everyone,
             I wanna know about how much firefox supports XML, SMIL,
TIME  and what is going on about these support in firefox.

Re: XML , SMIL, TIME support in Firefox?

Martin Honnen-3
avinaash wrote:

>              I wanna know about how much firefox supports XML, SMIL,
> TIME  and what is going on about these support in firefox.

XML support has been there for a long time, with XHTML, MathML, SVG
support. I think SMIL in SVG is already available in the Firefox 4 beta
releases, for instance
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/images/animate/anim01.svg is animated for me
here with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0b5pre) Gecko/20100826
Minefield/4.0b5pre.

--

        Martin Honnen
        http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

Re: XML , SMIL, TIME support in Firefox?

Boris Zbarsky
On 8/31/10 7:57 AM, Martin Honnen wrote:
> I think SMIL in SVG is already available in the Firefox 4 beta
> releases

More precisely, SVG Animation (which uses some SMIL functionality) is
available.

There are no plans to implement all of SMIL.

-Boris