XForms: Will XForms be part of Firefox 1.5

XForms: Will XForms be part of Firefox 1.5

Marcel Overdijk2
Will XForms be part of the Firefox 1.5 final distribution or does it still
to be installed as plugin?

Is there any estimated date when XForms is ready to be used in production
environments?

Regards,
Marcel

Re: XForms: Will XForms be part of Firefox 1.5

beaufour@gmail.com
2005/11/28, Marcel Overdijk <[hidden email]>:
> Will XForms be part of the Firefox 1.5 final distribution or does it still
> to be installed as plugin?

It will still be an extension for 1.5 final.

> Is there any estimated date when XForms is ready to be used in production
> environments?

Hmmm, you wont get an estimate from me :)

... Allan

Re: XForms: Will XForms be part of Firefox 1.5

Marcel Overdijk
I understand Allan,

But it would be nice to get an official statement/roadmap about future
release plans.

Re: XForms: Will XForms be part of Firefox 1.5

Marcel Overdijk
With this statement I mean a statement from the Firefox proejct itself.
I guess they want xforms in? Or do they want it as a plugin for now?

[hidden email] wrote:
> I understand Allan,
>
> But it would be nice to get an official statement/roadmap about future
> release plans.

Re: XForms: Will XForms be part of Firefox 1.5

Aaron Reed
[hidden email] wrote:

> With this statement I mean a statement from the Firefox proejct itself.
> I guess they want xforms in? Or do they want it as a plugin for now?
>
> [hidden email] wrote:
>
>>I understand Allan,
>>
>>But it would be nice to get an official statement/roadmap about future
>>release plans.

What we've been told by the folks at Mozilla.org is that XForms will be
an extension until XForms reaches some 'as yet to be defined' critical
mass of users at which point we will have a pretty good idea of the
size/performance impact we'd have on Firefox if they decided to pull us
into the default codebase.  Firefox didn't want to take the hit in size
and possibly performance for an unproven technology when it can exist as
an extension without loss of functionality.

If you want a more 'formal' statement, you'll have to talk to the guys
at Mozilla.org.

--Aaron