Wrong team attribution in Pontoon

Michal Stanke-2
Hi team.

I have noticed a new user
<https://pontoon.mozilla.org/contributors/AokpNDXObPamU98CpbEHlJA9_Tw/> has
submitted Czech translations to Firefox for Android in Assamese. I am not
sure how that happened, I need to contact him/her yet.

However the strange is that it appeared on my Pontoon Tools mini-dashboard
as latest activity (which scrapes the data from
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/teams/) and also the contributor appeared in
the listing https://pontoon.mozilla.org/cs/contributors/ and under team
contributors in the permissions tab despite there were 0 suggestions to
Czech (or at least I could not find any).
--
Michal

Re: Wrong team attribution in Pontoon

Matjaz Horvat-2
Hi Michal!

A translation submitted to a system project made that person a Czech
contributor from Pontoon's perspective:
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/cs/tutorial/playground/?string=189490

We should look into why the translation doesn't appear in the timeline:
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/contributors/AokpNDXObPamU98CpbEHlJA9_Tw/

-Matjaž

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 9:45 AM Michal Stanke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi team.
>
> I have noticed a new user
> <https://pontoon.mozilla.org/contributors/AokpNDXObPamU98CpbEHlJA9_Tw/>
> has
> submitted Czech translations to Firefox for Android in Assamese. I am not
> sure how that happened, I need to contact him/her yet.
>
> However the strange is that it appeared on my Pontoon Tools mini-dashboard
> as latest activity (which scrapes the data from
> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/teams/) and also the contributor appeared in
> the listing https://pontoon.mozilla.org/cs/contributors/ and under team
> contributors in the permissions tab despite there were 0 suggestions to
> Czech (or at least I could not find any).
> --
> Michal

Re: Wrong team attribution in Pontoon

Michael Wolf-2
Michal Stanke schrieb:
> I have noticed a new user
> <https://pontoon.mozilla.org/contributors/AokpNDXObPamU98CpbEHlJA9_Tw/> has
> submitted Czech translations to Firefox for Android in Assamese. I am not
> sure how that happened, I need to contact him/her yet.

Hi,

two contributors submitted Sorbian translations as well: Ringgo
(localizer for Acehnese, Indonesian and Javanese) submitted to Upper
Sorbian and Lower Sorbian and Francis Tyers (localizer for Chuvash and
Tatar) who submitted to Upper Sorbian. How can they submit translations
to Sorbian languages? They should suggest translations only if at all.

It's difficult to find which strings they submitted to Sorbian
languages. I have to search all submitted strings of Ringgo and Francis
Tyers, a lot of strings for 7 (including Sorbian ones) langauges! Ringgo
submitted 2 strings and Francis Tyers 6 strings to Upper Sorbian. Ringgo
2 strings for Lower Sorbian as well. I have to search among Acehnese,
Indonesian, Javanese, Chuvash and Tatar strings to find the 8 Sorbian
strings for Upper Sorbian.

The Contributors tab shows th enumber of submitted strings for every
contributor. This number should lead to the Sorbian strings submitted by
those contributors.

Regards,

Michael

Re: Wrong team attribution in Pontoon

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
> two contributors submitted Sorbian translations as well: Ringgo
> (localizer for Acehnese, Indonesian and Javanese) submitted to Upper
> Sorbian and Lower Sorbian and Francis Tyers (localizer for Chuvash and
> Tatar) who submitted to Upper Sorbian. How can they submit translations
> to Sorbian languages? They should suggest translations only if at all.

A contributor can only submit suggestions. Do you have a link to any
of these strings?

Francesco

Re: Wrong team attribution in Pontoon

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
I found a few (for hsb)
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/hsb/common-voice/all-resources/?author=spectre%40ivixor.net&string=178610

If you hover the name of the author in the history, you'll see that
they were approved by you.

Francesco

Francesco Lodolo schrieb:
> I found a few (for hsb)
> https://pontoon.mozilla.org/hsb/common-voice/all-resources/?author=spectre%40ivixor.net&string=178610
>
> If you hover the name of the author in the history, you'll see that
> they were approved by you.

Ah, thank you Francesco.

Yes, there were suggestions and I approved them because the translations
were correct. But I didn't check who suggested. :-(

Michael

Re: Wrong team attribution in Pontoon

Jeff Beatty
That's really what it comes down to anyway, right? Not who submits them but
whether they're good quality translations. Localizers are free to submit
suggestions to any language they feel they can help with.