Wrong repeating event date in Lightning 4.3a1

Wrong repeating event date in Lightning 4.3a1

WaltS48
In one of my calendars on the computer, I noticed a previous repeating
All day event I had scheduled, was showing on the 1st of every month,
instead of the correct date of the 26th of the month.

I deleted all events, recreated it for the 26th of July, set Repeat for
Monthly, with the event to end on Nov. 25, 2015, saved and closed.

The first event shows up for the 26th of July, and the repeating events
on the first of every month until Dec. 1st.

Same behavior with a new test calendar and test event on my computer.

--
Kubuntu 14.10 | KDE 4.14.1 | Thunderbird 41.0a1(Daily) Go Bucs!
[Coexist · Understanding Across Divides](https://www.coexist.org/)

Re: Wrong repeating event date in Lightning 4.3a1

Stefan Sitter-2
On 28.06.2015 15:48, WaltS48 wrote:

> In one of my calendars on the computer, I noticed a previous
> repeating All day event I had scheduled, was showing on the 1st of
> every month, instead of the correct date of the 26th of the month.
>
> I deleted all events, recreated it for the 26th of July, set Repeat
> for Monthly, with the event to end on Nov. 25, 2015, saved and
> closed.
>
> The first event shows up for the 26th of July, and the repeating
> events on the first of every month until Dec. 1st.
>
> Same behavior with a new test calendar and test event on my
> computer.

This is a known problem (bug 1103187) with the new icaljs library that
is enabled for testing in trunk builds. You can switch Lightning to the
older but stable libical library by setting the advanced configuration
"calendar.icaljs" to false.

/Stefan

On 06/28/2015 10:46 AM, Stefan Sitter wrote:

> On 28.06.2015 15:48, WaltS48 wrote:
>> In one of my calendars on the computer, I noticed a previous
>> repeating All day event I had scheduled, was showing on the 1st of
>> every month, instead of the correct date of the 26th of the month.
>>
>> I deleted all events, recreated it for the 26th of July, set Repeat
>> for Monthly, with the event to end on Nov. 25, 2015, saved and
>> closed.
>>
>> The first event shows up for the 26th of July, and the repeating
>> events on the first of every month until Dec. 1st.
>>
>> Same behavior with a new test calendar and test event on my
>> computer.
>
> This is a known problem (bug 1103187) with the new icaljs library that
> is enabled for testing in trunk builds. You can switch Lightning to the
> older but stable libical library by setting the advanced configuration
> "calendar.icaljs" to false.
>
> /Stefan

Switched.

Thanks!