Wrapping text

Jeffrey Needle
Happy new year everyone.

I can't figure out how to wrap text in Seamonkey.  When I get an email,
sometimes the text is too wide for the screen.  But more often, when I
reply to the e-mail, Seamonkey doesn't wrap the paragraphs, and all I
can see is the first 80 characters or so.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Re: Wrapping text

Leonidas Jones
Jeff Needle wrote:
> Happy new year everyone.
>
> I can't figure out how to wrap text in Seamonkey.  When I get an email,
> sometimes the text is too wide for the screen.  But more often, when I
> reply to the e-mail, Seamonkey doesn't wrap the paragraphs, and all I
> can see is the first 80 characters or so.
>
> Any ideas?  Thanks.

Edit>>Preferences>>Mail & Newsgroups>>Composition

Wrap plain text messages at, should be set to 72.

Lee

Re: Wrapping text

Jeffrey Needle
Leonidas Jones wrote:

> Jeff Needle wrote:
>> Happy new year everyone.
>>
>> I can't figure out how to wrap text in Seamonkey.  When I get an
>> email, sometimes the text is too wide for the screen.  But more often,
>> when I reply to the e-mail, Seamonkey doesn't wrap the paragraphs, and
>> all I can see is the first 80 characters or so.
>>
>> Any ideas?  Thanks.
>>

> Edit>>Preferences>>Mail & Newsgroups>>Composition
>
> Wrap plain text messages at, should be set to 72.
>
> Lee

Yeah, I saw that, and it's been set there, but the problem persists.

Thanks for the hint.

Re: Wrapping text

Philip Chee
On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 22:47:45 -0500, Jeff Needle wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> Jeff Needle wrote:

>>> I can't figure out how to wrap text in Seamonkey.  When I get an
>>> email, sometimes the text is too wide for the screen.  But more often,
>>> when I reply to the e-mail, Seamonkey doesn't wrap the paragraphs, and
>>> all I can see is the first 80 characters or so.

>> Edit>>Preferences>>Mail & Newsgroups>>Composition
>> Wrap plain text messages at, should be set to 72.

> Yeah, I saw that, and it's been set there, but the problem persists.

Turn off content-flowed as well:

mailnews.display.disable_format_flow_support = true
mailnews.send_plaintext_flowed = false

format-flowed is EVIL.

Phil
--
Philip Chee <[hidden email]>, <[hidden email]>
http://flashblock.mozdev.org/

Re: Wrapping text

gwtc
Jeff Needle wrote:

> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>
>>Jeff Needle wrote:
>>
>>>Happy new year everyone.
>>>
>>>I can't figure out how to wrap text in Seamonkey.  When I get an
>>>email, sometimes the text is too wide for the screen.  But more often,
>>>when I reply to the e-mail, Seamonkey doesn't wrap the paragraphs, and
>>>all I can see is the first 80 characters or so.
>>>
>>>Any ideas?  Thanks.
>>>

>>Edit>>Preferences>>Mail & Newsgroups>>Composition
>>
>>Wrap plain text messages at, should be set to 72.
>>
>>Lee
>

> Yeah, I saw that, and it's been set there, but the problem persists.
>
> Thanks for the hint.

Also in the same area take a look under Message Display and make sure
the box for "Wrap text to fit window" is checked

Re: Wrapping text

Ruediger Lahl
Jeff Needle wrote:

> Happy new year everyone.

Happy new year Jeff.

> I can't figure out how to wrap text in Seamonkey.  When I get an email,
> sometimes the text is too wide for the screen.  But more often, when I
> reply to the e-mail, Seamonkey doesn't wrap the paragraphs, and all I
> can see is the first 80 characters or so.

Edit->Rewrap (Alt-e w) in the composer. If you not want to rewrap whole
text, then mark the right text before 'Alt-e w'.
--
best regards

Re: Wrapping text

Jeffrey Needle
Ruediger Lahl wrote:

> Jeff Needle wrote:
>
>> Happy new year everyone.
>
> Happy new year Jeff.
>
>> I can't figure out how to wrap text in Seamonkey.  When I get an email,
>> sometimes the text is too wide for the screen.  But more often, when I
>> reply to the e-mail, Seamonkey doesn't wrap the paragraphs, and all I
>> can see is the first 80 characters or so.
>
> Edit->Rewrap (Alt-e w) in the composer. If you not want to rewrap whole
> text, then mark the right text before 'Alt-e w'.

Thanks!  The wrap command is not on the drop down menu under Edit, but
the keystroke command works anyway.  And it's not on the keyboard
shortcut list, either.  Thanks for pointing me to it!

Re: Wrapping text

Jeffrey Needle
gwtc wrote:

> Jeff Needle wrote:

>>> Edit>>Preferences>>Mail & Newsgroups>>Composition
>>>
>>> Wrap plain text messages at, should be set to 72.
>>>
>>> Lee
>>

>> Yeah, I saw that, and it's been set there, but the problem persists.
>>
>> Thanks for the hint.
>>
> Also in the same area take a look under Message Display and make sure
> the box for "Wrap text to fit window" is checked

Thanks!

Re: Wrapping text

Ruediger Lahl
Jeff Needle wrote:

>> Edit->Rewrap (Alt-e w) in the composer. If you not want to rewrap whole
>> text, then mark the right text before 'Alt-e w'.
>
> Thanks!  The wrap command is not on the drop down menu under Edit,

Hm... strange, cause I have it also in the branch-SM. Look at this
screenshot: http://lahls.de/temp/pic/sm-rewrap.png (26KB)
--
best regards

Re: Wrapping text

Jeffrey Needle
Ruediger Lahl wrote:
> Jeff Needle wrote:
>
>>> Edit->Rewrap (Alt-e w) in the composer. If you not want to rewrap whole
>>> text, then mark the right text before 'Alt-e w'.
>> Thanks!  The wrap command is not on the drop down menu under Edit,
>
> Hm... strange, cause I have it also in the branch-SM. Look at this
> screenshot: http://lahls.de/temp/pic/sm-rewrap.png (26KB)

Hmmm, in compose mode, I don't even have an Edit drop down menu at all.
  Perhaps some setting I'm missing?

Are you using Windows XP?

Re: Wrapping text

Jeffrey Needle
Ruediger Lahl wrote:
> Jeff Needle wrote:
>
>>> Edit->Rewrap (Alt-e w) in the composer. If you not want to rewrap whole
>>> text, then mark the right text before 'Alt-e w'.
>> Thanks!  The wrap command is not on the drop down menu under Edit,
>
> Hm... strange, cause I have it also in the branch-SM. Look at this
> screenshot: http://lahls.de/temp/pic/sm-rewrap.png (26KB)

Just looked again, and I had the top bar turned off!  It's on now, and
there's an Edit drop down menu, but nothing drops down.  I'll look at it
some more.  Thanks!