Worst Browser Ever, but could be the best.

Worst Browser Ever, but could be the best.

calmar71
You guys need to do some SERIOUS work on Firefox.

Its SHIT!!

I've never come across ANY browser as slow as this. I get CONSTANT "not responding" messages. I cant even scroll the length of a webpage without it freezing. Hell, I can even post to Facebook half the time. Its always 3 sentences behind, and forgotten half of whats typed by the time it tries to catch up.

It's using FAR TOO MUCH resources. The load on people's computers MUST be reduced, and quickly.

Until then, sorry guys, but its off all 4 of my computers. I do a lot of web development, and cant afford the time wasted waiting on this browser to actually work as it should. Its utter garbage as it is.

Back to Chrome for me. At least it works when you ask it to.

Re: Worst Browser Ever, but could be the best.

Ron Hunter
On 11/5/2017 4:51 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> You guys need to do some SERIOUS work on Firefox.
>
> Its SHIT!!
>
> I've never come across ANY browser as slow as this. I get CONSTANT "not responding" messages. I cant even scroll the length of a webpage without it freezing. Hell, I can even post to Facebook half the time. Its always 3 sentences behind, and forgotten half of whats typed by the time it tries to catch up.
>
> It's using FAR TOO MUCH resources. The load on people's computers MUST be reduced, and quickly.
>
> Until then, sorry guys, but its off all 4 of my computers. I do a lot of web development, and cant afford the time wasted waiting on this browser to actually work as it should. Its utter garbage as it is.
>
> Back to Chrome for me. At least it works when you ask it to.

It is pretty sad how much system resources it takes.  Often it has my
old computer maxed out for CPU doing NOTHING, with a page rendering in
the background.  Often, like you, I can't even type until I either
escape from the page rendering, of 5000 ads, to allow me to type.  It is
so slow at some thing that I use IE 11 for one website, because it is a
timed puzzle!  I am pretty sure that when they put 57 into play, I will
be gone.  Sad!

Re: Worst Browser Ever, but could be the best.

Rinaldi-2
On 2017-11-05 06:29, Ron Hunter wrote:
-----------------
> It is pretty sad how much system resources it takes.  Often it has my
> old computer maxed out for CPU doing NOTHING, with a page rendering in
> the background.  Often, like you, I can't even type until I either
> escape from the page rendering, of 5000 ads, to allow me to type.  It is
> so slow at some thing that I use IE 11 for one website, because it is a
> timed puzzle!  I am pretty sure that when they put 57 into play, I will
> be gone.  Sad!

Have you tried Firefox Quantum?

Rinaldi
--
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
                -- Derek Bok, president of Harvard

Re: Worst Browser Ever, but could be the best.

WaltS48-5
On 11/5/17 7:29 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:

>> You guys need to do some SERIOUS work on Firefox.
>>
>> Its SHIT!!
>>
>> I've never come across ANY browser as slow as this. I get CONSTANT
>> "not responding" messages. I cant even scroll the length of a webpage
>> without it freezing. Hell, I can even post to Facebook half the time.
>> Its always 3 sentences behind, and forgotten half of whats typed by
>> the time it tries to catch up.
>>
>> It's using FAR TOO MUCH resources. The load on people's computers MUST
>> be reduced, and quickly.
>>
>> Until then, sorry guys, but its off all 4 of my computers. I do a lot
>> of web development, and cant afford the time wasted waiting on this
>> browser to actually work as it should. Its utter garbage as it is.
>>
>> Back to Chrome for me. At least it works when you ask it to.
>>
> It is pretty sad how much system resources it takes.  Often it has my
> old computer maxed out for CPU doing NOTHING, with a page rendering in
> the background.  Often, like you, I can't even type until I either
> escape from the page rendering, of 5000 ads, to allow me to type.  It is
> so slow at some thing that I use IE 11 for one website, because it is a
> timed puzzle!  I am pretty sure that when they put 57 into play, I will
> be gone.  Sad >

Does the same occur in safe mode?

Have you refreshed your profile?

What is the speed of your CPU? How much RAM? How much HD capacity?

Does your system meet the system requirements?

What is your Internet connection speed?

Instead of wasting your money on the next new iPhone, buy an updated
computer.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

On 11/5/17 7:43 AM, Rinaldi wrote:

> On 2017-11-05 06:29, Ron Hunter wrote:
> -----------------
>> It is pretty sad how much system resources it takes.  Often it has my
>> old computer maxed out for CPU doing NOTHING, with a page rendering in
>> the background.  Often, like you, I can't even type until I either
>> escape from the page rendering, of 5000 ads, to allow me to type.  It
>> is so slow at some thing that I use IE 11 for one website, because it
>> is a timed puzzle!  I am pretty sure that when they put 57 into play,
>> I will be gone.  Sad!
>
> Have you tried Firefox Quantum?
>
> Rinaldi

Too slow. Use Nightly 😉

On 11/5/17 5:51 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> You guys need to do some SERIOUS work on Firefox.
>
> Its SHIT!!
>
> I've never come across ANY browser as slow as this. I get CONSTANT "not responding" messages. I cant even scroll the length of a webpage without it freezing. Hell, I can even post to Facebook half the time. Its always 3 sentences behind, and forgotten half of whats typed by the time it tries to catch up.
>
> It's using FAR TOO MUCH resources. The load on people's computers MUST be reduced, and quickly.
>
> Until then, sorry guys, but its off all 4 of my computers. I do a lot of web development, and cant afford the time wasted waiting on this browser to actually work as it should. Its utter garbage as it is.
>
> Back to Chrome for me. At least it works when you ask it to.

Thanks for the rant.

There aren't any of the you guys you are directing it to here. Firefox
developers don't read this newsgroup.

No load on either of my computers using a release, beta or nightly versions.

You may be interested in reading the developer discussion about web site
memory leaks, due to poor development by web developers.

<https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/mozilla.dev.platform/W0Vx8Cppg5Y>

Maybe fix your sites so they don't leak.

Also be aware of browser-mining of crypto-currency that also uses resources.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

Re: Worst Browser Ever, but could be the best.

Mr. Ed-2
On 11/5/17 5:51 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> You guys need to do some SERIOUS work on Firefox.
>
> Its SHIT!!
>
> I've never come across ANY browser as slow as this. I get CONSTANT "not responding" messages. I cant even scroll the length of a webpage without it freezing. Hell, I can even post to Facebook half the time. Its always 3 sentences behind, and forgotten half of whats typed by the time it tries to catch up.
>
> It's using FAR TOO MUCH resources. The load on people's computers MUST be reduced, and quickly.
>
> Until then, sorry guys, but its off all 4 of my computers. I do a lot of web development, and cant afford the time wasted waiting on this browser to actually work as it should. Its utter garbage as it is.
>
> Back to Chrome for me. At least it works when you ask it to.

Might want to direct your complaints to the Firefox news group.

--
"This is America!  You can't make a horse
 testify against himself!"      Mister Ed

On 11/5/17 8:50 AM, Mr. Ed wrote:

>> You guys need to do some SERIOUS work on Firefox.
>>
>> Its SHIT!!
>>
>> I've never come across ANY browser as slow as this. I get CONSTANT "not responding" messages. I cant even scroll the length of a webpage without it freezing. Hell, I can even post to Facebook half the time. Its always 3 sentences behind, and forgotten half of whats typed by the time it tries to catch up.
>>
>> It's using FAR TOO MUCH resources. The load on people's computers MUST be reduced, and quickly.
>>
>> Until then, sorry guys, but its off all 4 of my computers. I do a lot of web development, and cant afford the time wasted waiting on this browser to actually work as it should. Its utter garbage as it is.
>>
>> Back to Chrome for me. At least it works when you ask it to.
>
> Might want to direct your complaints to the Firefox news group.

No Mozilla developers there either.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

Re: Worst Browser Ever, but could be the best.

Luis
[hidden email] wrote:

> You guys need to do some SERIOUS work on Firefox.
>
> Its SHIT!!
>
> I've never come across ANY browser as slow as this. I get CONSTANT "not responding" messages. I cant even scroll the length of a webpage without it freezing. Hell, I can even post to Facebook half the time. Its always 3 sentences behind, and forgotten half of whats typed by the time it tries to catch up.
>
> It's using FAR TOO MUCH resources. The load on people's computers MUST be reduced, and quickly.
>
> Until then, sorry guys, but its off all 4 of my computers. I do a lot of web development, and cant afford the time wasted waiting on this browser to actually work as it should. Its utter garbage as it is.
>
> Back to Chrome for me. At least it works when you ask it to.

That's why (and because the extensions are rendered useless) several
months ago I reinstalled FF version 54 and set Opera as my default
browser. However, at this time my preferred browser is Yandex.
BTW those guys at Yandex let you open a ticket any time you have a
problem and they reply intermediately.
I really miss those times when FF was king.

On 2017-11-05 07:11, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 11/5/17 7:43 AM, Rinaldi wrote:
>> On 2017-11-05 06:29, Ron Hunter wrote:
>> -----------------
>>> It is pretty sad how much system resources it takes.  Often it has my
>>> old computer maxed out for CPU doing NOTHING, with a page rendering
>>> in the background.  Often, like you, I can't even type until I either
>>> escape from the page rendering, of 5000 ads, to allow me to type.  It
>>> is so slow at some thing that I use IE 11 for one website, because it
>>> is a timed puzzle!  I am pretty sure that when they put 57 into play,
>>> I will be gone.  Sad!
>>
>> Have you tried Firefox Quantum?
>>
>> Rinaldi
>
> Too slow. Use Nightly 😉

Well, yes I do; but all don't want to try betas.  I saw no difference in
speed, though.

Rinaldi
--
Law of Probable Dispersal:
        Whatever it is that hits the fan will not be evenly

Re: Worst Browser Ever, but could be the best.

Good Guy-2
On 05/11/2017 13:50, Mr. Ed wrote:
> Might want to direct your complaints to the Firefox news group.

No that is not the place for such rant's.  The guy needs to learn how to
post questions to get any meaningful assistance here on these newsgroups.

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

Re: Worst Browser Ever, but could be the best.

Mark12547
In article <[hidden email]>,
[hidden email] says...
> Often it has my
> old computer maxed out for CPU doing NOTHING, with a page rendering in
> the background.  Often, like you, I can't even type until I either
> escape from the page rendering, of 5000 ads, to allow me to type.

I have noticed a vast difference in performance between having a good ad
blocker like uBlock Origin installed and running vs. not having any ad
blocker. I'm not referring to bizarre sites, but Weather Underground,
AVSForum and KATU (the local ABC affiliate), where the ads are so bad
that Firefox doesn't get the cycles to render what I want to see.

If a browser doesn't have an ad blocker, as far as I am concerned, it is
worthless.

uBlock Origin can be found on addons.mozilla.org and searching for the
full name (there are other extensions that capitalize on uBlock Origin's
name, so this is NOT uBlock, but uBlock Origin).

Direct link to addons.mozilla.org for uBlock Origin
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/

uBlock Origin is already written as pure WebExtension, so it will
continue to work when Firefox upgrades to 57 in just 9 days from when I
post this posting.

Re: Worst Browser Ever, but could be the best.

The Real Bev
On 11/05/2017 05:52 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 11/5/17 8:50 AM, Mr. Ed wrote:
>>> You guys need to do some SERIOUS work on Firefox.
>>>
>>> Its SHIT!!
>>>
>>> I've never come across ANY browser as slow as this. I get CONSTANT "not responding" messages. I cant even scroll the length of a webpage without it freezing. Hell, I can even post to Facebook half the time. Its always 3 sentences behind, and forgotten half of whats typed by the time it tries to catch up.
>>>
>>> It's using FAR TOO MUCH resources. The load on people's computers MUST be reduced, and quickly.
>>>
>>> Until then, sorry guys, but its off all 4 of my computers. I do a lot of web development, and cant afford the time wasted waiting on this browser to actually work as it should. Its utter garbage as it is.
>>>
>>> Back to Chrome for me. At least it works when you ask it to.
>>
>> Might want to direct your complaints to the Firefox news group.
>
> No Mozilla developers there either.

And some of us have been banned.

--
Cheers, Bev
    Buckle Up. It makes it harder for the aliens

Re: Worst Browser Ever, but could be the best.

Lucifer Morningstar
On Sun, 5 Nov 2017 08:10:48 -0500, WaltS48 <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>On 11/5/17 7:29 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:

That's a blast from the past.

>>> You guys need to do some SERIOUS work on Firefox.
>>>
>>> Its SHIT!!
>>>
>>> I've never come across ANY browser as slow as this. I get CONSTANT
>>> "not responding" messages. I cant even scroll the length of a webpage
>>> without it freezing. Hell, I can even post to Facebook half the time.
>>> Its always 3 sentences behind, and forgotten half of whats typed by
>>> the time it tries to catch up.
>>>
>>> It's using FAR TOO MUCH resources. The load on people's computers MUST
>>> be reduced, and quickly.

I have the same problems with my i5 quad core machine but not with
my dual Pentium 1.6. Could it be that Firefox is incompatible with
some CPUs?

>>> Until then, sorry guys, but its off all 4 of my computers. I do a lot
>>> of web development, and cant afford the time wasted waiting on this
>>> browser to actually work as it should. Its utter garbage as it is.
>>>
>>> Back to Chrome for me. At least it works when you ask it to.
>>>
>> It is pretty sad how much system resources it takes.  Often it has my
>> old computer maxed out for CPU doing NOTHING, with a page rendering in
>> the background.  Often, like you, I can't even type until I either
>> escape from the page rendering, of 5000 ads, to allow me to type.  It is
>> so slow at some thing that I use IE 11 for one website, because it is a
>> timed puzzle!  I am pretty sure that when they put 57 into play, I will
>> be gone.  Sad >
>
>Does the same occur in safe mode?
>
>Have you refreshed your profile?
>
>What is the speed of your CPU? How much RAM? How much HD capacity?
>
>Does your system meet the system requirements?
>
>What is your Internet connection speed?
>
>Instead of wasting your money on the next new iPhone, buy an updated
>computer.

Or use a decent browser.

Re: Worst Browser Ever, but could be the best.

Wolf K.
On 2017-11-05 22:53, Lucifer Morningstar wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Nov 2017 08:10:48 -0500, WaltS48<[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/5/17 7:29 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>>> On 11/5/2017 4:51 AM,[hidden email]  wrote:
> That's a blast from the past.

?????

Oh, I see, you read the date as 11th May 2017. Americans kick against
the worldwide standard, so you have to read it as November 5, 2017.

--
Wolf K
kirkwood40.blogspot.com

On 11/5/2017 7:10 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 11/5/17 7:29 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>>> You guys need to do some SERIOUS work on Firefox.
>>>
>>> Its SHIT!!
>>>
>>> I've never come across ANY browser as slow as this. I get CONSTANT
>>> "not responding" messages. I cant even scroll the length of a webpage
>>> without it freezing. Hell, I can even post to Facebook half the time.
>>> Its always 3 sentences behind, and forgotten half of whats typed by
>>> the time it tries to catch up.
>>>
>>> It's using FAR TOO MUCH resources. The load on people's computers
>>> MUST be reduced, and quickly.
>>>
>>> Until then, sorry guys, but its off all 4 of my computers. I do a lot
>>> of web development, and cant afford the time wasted waiting on this
>>> browser to actually work as it should. Its utter garbage as it is.
>>>
>>> Back to Chrome for me. At least it works when you ask it to.
>>>
>> It is pretty sad how much system resources it takes.  Often it has my
>> old computer maxed out for CPU doing NOTHING, with a page rendering in
>> the background.  Often, like you, I can't even type until I either
>> escape from the page rendering, of 5000 ads, to allow me to type.  It
>> is so slow at some thing that I use IE 11 for one website, because it
>> is a timed puzzle!  I am pretty sure that when they put 57 into play,
>> I will be gone.  Sad >
>
> Does the same occur in safe mode?
>
> Have you refreshed your profile?

  No.  Too much loss when I do that.

> What is the speed of your CPU? How much RAM? How much HD capacity?

2.6gz dual processor  4GB Ram, 500GB HD.

> Does your system meet the system requirements?

Yes

> What is your Internet connection speed?

65mbps

> Instead of wasting your money on the next new iPhone, buy an updated
> computer.

I will NOT buy a computer with Windows 10 on it, and can't afford a Mac.
  Won't deal with Linux.
The clincher is that I don't have those problems with Chrome, or even IE
11.  I don't like using them, but will be forced to if Firefox keeps
taking things out, growing bigger, and taking more resources to render
web pages.  Worse, it continues to allow various popups, and won't let
me suppress the stupid question about notifications I get from some
websites!

On 11/6/17 11:49 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>> Have you refreshed your profile?
>
>   No.  Too much loss when I do that.

The only thing lost is extensions and those can be restored by copying
the extensions folder from the profile in the Old Firefox Data folder,
then starting Firefox and reinstalling them.

Always worked for me.

>> What is the speed of your CPU? How much RAM? How much HD capacity?
>>
> 2.6gz dual processor  4GB Ram, 500GB HD.

Windows 10: 2.2Ghz Quad-core, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD and I'm not thrilled
with the performance of any application I have used on it.

Linux Ubuntu 16.04: 3.2 Ghz 3 cores, 8GB RAM, 200GB HD (The 1TB drive
died) and I have no problems. The 17 news sites I open in tabs take
awhile to open. There are a lot of images and videos to load.

>> Does your system meet the system requirements?
>>

> Yes

Same

>> What is your Internet connection speed?
>>
> 65mbps

7.6Mbps, and except for the sites noted above, Firefox is snappy on
Ubuntu even when I'm downloading files, streaming music and running
Thunderbird. I think Windows uses a lot of bandwidth for checking for
updates making things a bit slower.

The new 25Mbps service I signed up for today will be an interesting
update. I should do some speed tests and take notes on the differences.

On 2017-11-06 12:20, WaltS48 wrote:
> I think Windows uses a lot of bandwidth for checking for updates making
> things a bit slower.

I have an old Lenovo laptop with Win 10 running on it.  Application and
system updates clog the pipes on just about every (rare) startup.

Rinaldi
--
Katz' Law:
        Man and nations will act rationally when all other

On 11/6/17 1:31 PM, Rinaldi wrote:
> On 2017-11-06 12:20, WaltS48 wrote:
>> I think Windows uses a lot of bandwidth for checking for updates
>> making things a bit slower.
>
> I have an old Lenovo laptop with Win 10 running on it.  Application and
> system updates clog the pipes on just about every (rare) startup.
>
> Rinaldi

I know! Isn't it annoying as heck?

I fire mine up 3 times a week to update my Firefox and Thunderbird
installs, and dread patch Tuesdays. I can go grocery shopping and come
home before the downloads finish.

That involves walking a half mile to the bus stop, riding for 15-20
minutes, doing the shopping, and reversing the trip home.

I'm hoping the new 25Mbps connection alleviates some of that problem.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

Re: Worst Browser Ever, but could be the best.

Lynn McGuire-2
On 11/5/2017 3:39 PM, Mark12547 wrote:

> In article <[hidden email]>,
> [hidden email] says...
>> Often it has my
>> old computer maxed out for CPU doing NOTHING, with a page rendering in
>> the background.  Often, like you, I can't even type until I either
>> escape from the page rendering, of 5000 ads, to allow me to type.
>>

> I have noticed a vast difference in performance between having a good ad
> blocker like uBlock Origin installed and running vs. not having any ad
> blocker. I'm not referring to bizarre sites, but Weather Underground,
> AVSForum and KATU (the local ABC affiliate), where the ads are so bad
> that Firefox doesn't get the cycles to render what I want to see.
>
> If a browser doesn't have an ad blocker, as far as I am concerned, it is
> worthless.
>
> uBlock Origin can be found on addons.mozilla.org and searching for the
> full name (there are other extensions that capitalize on uBlock Origin's
> name, so this is NOT uBlock, but uBlock Origin).
>
> Direct link to addons.mozilla.org for uBlock Origin
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/
>
> uBlock Origin is already written as pure WebExtension, so it will
> continue to work when Firefox upgrades to 57 in just 9 days from when I
> post this posting.

+1,000,000

Lynn