Wining events

Naslain Christophe
Hi all,

I've checked the latest dev manual at http://www.bugzilla.org/docs but I
didn't find any part regarding how to launch new Whining events...

Do I have to set a cron like collectstats.pl or whineatnews.pl, or are
emails automatically sent ? How does it works ?

I'm actually testing 2.19.2.

Best regards,

Christophe

Re: Wining events

A. Karl Kornel
In article <d8mldh$[hidden email]>,
 Christophe Naslain <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've checked the latest dev manual at http://www.bugzilla.org/docs but I
> didn't find any part regarding how to launch new Whining events...

   The only notes that I know of on this are at
<http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/tip/html/extraconfig.html>, which
describes what you need to do to set up whining.  Also see
<http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/tip/html/parameters.html>, particularly
the definition for the 'whinedays' parameter.

> Do I have to set a cron like collectstats.pl or whineatnews.pl, or are
> emails automatically sent ? How does it works ?

   You have to set up whineatnews.pl to run daily.  That is the script
that actually sends out the whines.  collectstats.pl is another script
that should be automatically run daily, but it's not related to whining
(it collects statistics for the reports).

> Best regards,

   Good luck!

Re: Wining events

Naslain Christophe
A. Karl Kornel wrote:

> In article <d8mldh$[hidden email]>,
>  Christophe Naslain <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I've checked the latest dev manual at http://www.bugzilla.org/docs but I
>>didn't find any part regarding how to launch new Whining events...
>

>    The only notes that I know of on this are at
> <http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/tip/html/extraconfig.html>, which
> describes what you need to do to set up whining.  Also see
> <http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/tip/html/parameters.html>, particularly
> the definition for the 'whinedays' parameter.
>

>>Do I have to set a cron like collectstats.pl or whineatnews.pl, or are
>>emails automatically sent ? How does it works ?
>

>    You have to set up whineatnews.pl to run daily.  That is the script
> that actually sends out the whines.  collectstats.pl is another script
> that should be automatically run daily, but it's not related to whining
> (it collects statistics for the reports).
>

>>Best regards,
>

>    Good luck!

Hi Karl,

First, thanks for your post. You explains here how to setup bugzilla to
send whines (ie the mail to remember users to change status of NEW
bugs). This option is set in the bugzilla parameters (whinedays field)
and by the whineatnews.pl script schedduled by cron.

Question: If I set the whineatnews.pl cron to run daily (let say at
00:05 AM), how a whining event (the new function in 2.19.x that send the
result of a preset query by mail) schedduled at 1:00 PM can be lauched ?

I probably missed something...

Regards,

Christophe

Re: Wining events

Joel Peshkin
Christophe Naslain wrote:

> Question: If I set the whineatnews.pl cron to run daily (let say at
> 00:05 AM), how a whining event (the new function in 2.19.x that send the
> result of a preset query by mail) schedduled at 1:00 PM can be lauched ?

It's whine.pl and it should be run more frequently the finest-grained
whines.  That means that running it every few minutes is the way to go.
  If there is nothing that needs to be run, it goes right back to sleep.

Re: Wining events

Naslain Christophe
Joel Peshkin wrote:

> Christophe Naslain wrote:
>

>> Question: If I set the whineatnews.pl cron to run daily (let say at
>> 00:05 AM), how a whining event (the new function in 2.19.x that send
>> the result of a preset query by mail) schedduled at 1:00 PM can be
>> lauched ?
>>

> It's whine.pl and it should be run more frequently the finest-grained
> whines.  That means that running it every few minutes is the way to go.
>  If there is nothing that needs to be run, it goes right back to sleep.

Thanks Joël, I noticed this new file but I was not sure it was the right
one to scheddule.