Windows Installer - why waste our time

Fred Covely
Why have a windows version?

I go to your website and it looks simple enough.  I go to the windows installer section and it says to install perl, no version given, and then lists a bunch of ppm modules to install.  Template-toolkit is not found, so you do a bunch of googling and start finding out that you need a specific version of perl to get this.  No problem go look on the perl websites but those older versions are hard to come by.  From there the morass just goes deeper.

At this point you ask the question, how much time do I want to waste on this?

Any answers?  Why put stuff out that requires this much work just to get it to run?  Why not just say 'it runs on unix but not on window...easily'?