Why does adding a statusbar make the window resizable

Why does adding a statusbar make the window resizable

Hans Hillen
Could someone help me with this:

I added a statusbar to my extension window. The window should have a fixed
size, but when I add the statusbar a dotted grippy kind of triangle appears
on the lower right corner of the statusbar. This corner allow the user to
resize the window by dragging it with the mouse (like in the main Firefox
statusbar ).

Why is this a default, and how can I remove this behavior? I don't see any
attributes or methods related to the status bar element in the XUL
reference, and setting resizable flag to 'no' or 'false' in the
window.open() statement doesn't change anything. I just want my statusbar to
show specific information, not allow the user to resize the window.

Thanks!

Re: Why does adding a statusbar make the window resizable

Wired Earp-2
Hans Hillen wrote:

> I added a statusbar to my extension window. The window should have a
> fixed size, but when I add the statusbar a dotted grippy kind of
> triangle appears on the lower right corner of the statusbar. This corner
> allow the user to resize the window by dragging it [...] how can I
> remove this behavior?

Hack it:

    statusbar resizer {
        display: none;

Wired Earp
Wunderbyte

Re: Why does adding a statusbar make the window resizable

Hans Hillen
Thanks, that did the trick!