Why does Windows use 60% of my CPU with no programs running

Why does Windows use 60% of my CPU with no programs running

WaltS48-9
No Firefox, no Thunderbird, nothing but Windows just sitting there
looking pretty on the desktop.

I forget how much RAM the Task Manager said it was using.

Re: Why does Windows use 60% of my CPU with no programs running

Michael Gordon-3
On 1/31/2018 10:01 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> No Firefox, no Thunderbird, nothing but Windows just sitting there
> looking pretty on the desktop.
>
> I forget how much RAM the Task Manager said it was using.

Walt,

If your Task Manager says nothing is running look at the Performance to
seer if anything is really going on.  Then click the Resource Monitor
button.

Usually, if nothing is really running in the background a resources hog
can be the Windows registry.  It needs to be cleaned, or reloaded once
in a while if you use the Windows program uninstaller.

MichaelG