Who's who on #accessibility IRC channel

Aaron Leventhal-3
For those interested, here's a quick list of some of the people who commonly
hang out on irc.mozilla.org #accessibility. Add your name if it's missing!

aaronlev = Aaron Leventhal (myself), working on
timr = Tim Riley, Mozilla Corproation QA dept. manager
mfinkle = Mark Finkle, Mozilla Corporation employee technology evangelist
aaronandy = Aaron Andersen, XUL accessibility checker and guidelines
surkov = Alexander Surkov -- working on IAccessible2 support
ginn = Ginn Chen, Sun employee working on ATK/AT-SPI support
evan = Evan Yan, Sun employee working on ATK/AT-SPI support
davidb = David Bolter, U Toronto ATRC, working on Dojo accessibility via ARIA
simonjb = Simon Bates, U Toronto ATRC, also working on Dojo accessibility
clc4tts = Charles Chen, developer of Fire Vox
gijs = Gijs Kruitbosch, one of the Chatzilla developers, working on a11y for it
petert = Peter Thiessen, U Toronto, working on accessible web chat using ARIA
slee = Steve Lee, working on Mozilla Foundation onscreen keyboard grant
parente = Peter Parente, working on Linux Screen Reader
eeejay = Eitan Isaacson, LSR developer who will probably be working on ARIA live
region support
hansh = Hans Hillen, works on web accessibility, supporter of Mozilla
dave = David Humphrey, prof at Seneca college in Toronto, teaches course on
Mozilla & FOSS development
timk = Tim Keenan, interested in Mozilla accessibility

Re: Who's who on #accessibility IRC channel

Wayne A DeAngelo
On May 15, 8:24 am, Aaron Leventhal <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> For those interested, here's a quick list of some of the people who commonly
> hang out on irc.mozilla.org #accessibility. Add your name if it's missing!
>
> aaronlev = Aaron Leventhal (myself), working on
> timr = Tim Riley, Mozilla Corproation QA dept. manager
> mfinkle = Mark Finkle, Mozilla Corporation employee technology evangelist
> aaronandy = Aaron Andersen, XUL accessibility checker and guidelines
> surkov = Alexander Surkov -- working on IAccessible2 support
> ginn = Ginn Chen, Sun employee working on ATK/AT-SPI support
> evan = Evan Yan, Sun employee working on ATK/AT-SPI support
> davidb = David Bolter, U Toronto ATRC, working on Dojo accessibility via ARIA
> simonjb = Simon Bates, U Toronto ATRC, also working on Dojo accessibility
> clc4tts = Charles Chen, developer of Fire Vox
> gijs = Gijs Kruitbosch, one of the Chatzilla developers, working on a11y for it
> petert = Peter Thiessen, U Toronto, working on accessible web chat using ARIA
> slee = Steve Lee, working on Mozilla Foundation onscreen keyboard grant
> parente = Peter Parente, working on Linux Screen Reader
> eeejay = Eitan Isaacson, LSR developer who will probably be working on ARIA live
> region support
> hansh = Hans Hillen, works on web accessibility, supporter of Mozilla
> dave = David Humphrey, prof at Seneca college in Toronto, teaches course on
> Mozilla & FOSS development
> timk = Tim Keenan, interested in Mozilla accessibility

wayned = Wayne DeAngelo, Firefox a11y tester

Re: Who's who on #accessibility IRC channel

Jonathan Chetwynd
peepo = Jonathan Chetwynd peepo.co.uk, enabling people with learning
disabilities or low literacy

On 15 May 2007, at 14:24, Aaron Leventhal wrote:

[...]

inCameLfo
Aaron Leventhal wrote :

> For those interested, here's a quick list of some of the people who
> commonly hang out on irc.mozilla.org #accessibility. Add your name if
> it's missing!
>
> aaronlev = Aaron Leventhal (myself), working on
> timr = Tim Riley, Mozilla Corproation QA dept. manager
> mfinkle = Mark Finkle, Mozilla Corporation employee technology evangelist
> aaronandy = Aaron Andersen, XUL accessibility checker and guidelines
> surkov = Alexander Surkov -- working on IAccessible2 support
> ginn = Ginn Chen, Sun employee working on ATK/AT-SPI support
> evan = Evan Yan, Sun employee working on ATK/AT-SPI support
> davidb = David Bolter, U Toronto ATRC, working on Dojo accessibility via
> ARIA
> simonjb = Simon Bates, U Toronto ATRC, also working on Dojo accessibility
> clc4tts = Charles Chen, developer of Fire Vox
> gijs = Gijs Kruitbosch, one of the Chatzilla developers, working on a11y
> for it
> petert = Peter Thiessen, U Toronto, working on accessible web chat using
> ARIA
> slee = Steve Lee, working on Mozilla Foundation onscreen keyboard grant
> parente = Peter Parente, working on Linux Screen Reader
> eeejay = Eitan Isaacson, LSR developer who will probably be working on
> ARIA live region support
> hansh = Hans Hillen, works on web accessibility, supporter of Mozilla
> dave = David Humphrey, prof at Seneca college in Toronto, teaches course
> on Mozilla & FOSS development
> timk = Tim Keenan, interested in Mozilla accessibility

GT (or GTalbot) = Gérard Talbot, Mozilla/Bugzilla volunteer upgrading
mozilla.org/access/ webpages so that they

- have no markup errors
- use HTML 4.01 strict DTD
- meet widely acknowledged accessibility guidelines
- comply with mozilla.org style and markup guidelines as defined at
http://www.mozilla.org/contribute/writing/guidelines
and at
http://www.mozilla.org/contribute/writing/markup

I am also currently assigned to bug 151557.

Gérard
--
remove camel to email me

Re: Who's who on #accessibility IRC channel

Tom Brunet
> For those interested, here's a quick list of some of the people who
> commonly hang out on irc.mozilla.org #accessibility. Add your name if
> it's missing!

I'm not there regularly, but:

thbrunet = Tom Brunet, Occasionally supporting investigation of the
accessibility issues for an application on the xulrunner platform.  In a
somewhat past life, I was a developer for IBM Home Page Reader, versions
3.0 to 3.02.