Who is interested in localizing BrowserID?

Who is interested in localizing BrowserID?

Matjaz Horvat
Hi friends,

As most of you already know, Mozilla is set to launch an innovative
approach to identity over the coming weeks and months. You can read more
about what is currently called BrowserID here:
https://browserid.org/about

It is already implemented on some Mozilla sites, e.g. MDN:
https://developer.mozilla.org/

I'm writing to you on behalf of the BrowserID team, who is trying to get an
idea of how many locales they can ship with their first release. BrowserID
is our first Node.js-based application, so we're currently working on the
i18n support. I cannot give you any release dates and l10n deadlines yet,
but I can provide you with the amount of strings that will have to be
translated. You can expect this number to be around 200.

Just to make sure you all understand how important BrowserID is for
Mozilla, I'd like to point you to two related blog posts Mitchell Baker and
Ben Adida posted recently.

Mitchell Baker: User Sovereignty for our Data
http://blog.lizardwrangler.com/2012/01/13/user-sovereignty-for-our-data/

Ben Adida: Mozilla to Offer New User-Centric Services in 2012
https://blog.mozilla.com/privacy/2012/01/13/mozilla-to-offer-new-user-centric-services-in-2012/

So -- which locales are in for BrowserID localization?

Cheers,
Matjaž

Re: Who is interested in localizing BrowserID?

Cédric Corazza
Le 16/01/2012 18:52, Matjaz Horvat a écrit :
> So -- which locales are in for BrowserID localization?
>
> Cheers,
> Matjaž

Hi,

You can count on fr locale.

Cédric

Re: Who is interested in localizing BrowserID?

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
Il 16/01/12 18.52, Matjaz Horvat ha scritto:
> So -- which locales are in for BrowserID localization?
Italian is definitely interested. If I won't be able to translate it
myself, I should be able to find volunteers for this project.

Francesco

Re: Who is interested in localizing BrowserID?

Alexander L. Slovesnik-2
Hi Matjaz Horvat
  16.01.2012 21:52 you wrote:
> So -- which locales are in for BrowserID localization?
>
> Cheers,
> Matjaž
Russian is interested.

--
Sincerely yours,
 Alexander L. Slovesnik a.k.a. Unghost

Re: Who is interested in localizing BrowserID?

Sasa Tekovic
On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 6:52 PM, Matjaz Horvat <[hidden email]> wrote:
> So -- which locales are in for BrowserID localization?

Put down Croatia, too ;-)

Cheers!

--
Sasa

Re: Who is interested in localizing BrowserID?

Michael Bauer-11
You can probably count Scots Gaelic in though I'm still struggling to
understand what it actually does. But at 200 strings (assuming they're
short-ish), why not :)

Michael

16/01/2012 17:52, sgrìobh Matjaz Horvat:
> So -- which locales are in for BrowserID localization?
>
> Cheers,
> Matjaž

Re: Who is interested in localizing BrowserID?

Nishad TR
I'm with it, for Malayalam (ml-IN)
-Nishad
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

Re: Who is interested in localizing BrowserID?

Gregorio Espadas
I can contribute with Mexican Spanish (es-MX)

Gregorio Espadas
http://gespadas.com
http://gplus.to/gespadas
http://twitter.com/gespadas
http://facebook.com/gespadas

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Matjaz Horvat <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> As most of you already know, Mozilla is set to launch an innovative
> approach to identity over the coming weeks and months. You can read more
> about what is currently called BrowserID here:
> https://browserid.org/about
>
> It is already implemented on some Mozilla sites, e.g. MDN:
> https://developer.mozilla.org/
>
> I'm writing to you on behalf of the BrowserID team, who is trying to get an
> idea of how many locales they can ship with their first release. BrowserID
> is our first Node.js-based application, so we're currently working on the
> i18n support. I cannot give you any release dates and l10n deadlines yet,
> but I can provide you with the amount of strings that will have to be
> translated. You can expect this number to be around 200.
>
> Just to make sure you all understand how important BrowserID is for
> Mozilla, I'd like to point you to two related blog posts Mitchell Baker and
> Ben Adida posted recently.
>
> Mitchell Baker: User Sovereignty for our Data
> http://blog.lizardwrangler.com/2012/01/13/user-sovereignty-for-our-data/
>
> Ben Adida: Mozilla to Offer New User-Centric Services in 2012
>
> https://blog.mozilla.com/privacy/2012/01/13/mozilla-to-offer-new-user-centric-services-in-2012/
>
> So -- which locales are in for BrowserID localization?
>
> Cheers,
> Matjaž

Re: Who is interested in localizing BrowserID?

Toni Hermoso Pulido-2
Al 16/01/12 18:52, En/na Matjaz Horvat ha escrit:

> Hi friends,
>
> As most of you already know, Mozilla is set to launch an innovative
> approach to identity over the coming weeks and months. You can read more
> about what is currently called BrowserID here:
> https://browserid.org/about
>
> It is already implemented on some Mozilla sites, e.g. MDN:
> https://developer.mozilla.org/
>
> I'm writing to you on behalf of the BrowserID team, who is trying to get an
> idea of how many locales they can ship with their first release. BrowserID
> is our first Node.js-based application, so we're currently working on the
> i18n support. I cannot give you any release dates and l10n deadlines yet,
> but I can provide you with the amount of strings that will have to be
> translated. You can expect this number to be around 200.
>
> Just to make sure you all understand how important BrowserID is for
> Mozilla, I'd like to point you to two related blog posts Mitchell Baker and
> Ben Adida posted recently.
>
> Mitchell Baker: User Sovereignty for our Data
> http://blog.lizardwrangler.com/2012/01/13/user-sovereignty-for-our-data/
>
> Ben Adida: Mozilla to Offer New User-Centric Services in 2012
> https://blog.mozilla.com/privacy/2012/01/13/mozilla-to-offer-new-user-centric-services-in-2012/
>
> So -- which locales are in for BrowserID localization?

Count ca in.

Thanks Matjaz!

--
Toni Hermoso Pulido
http://www.cau.cat

Re: Who is interested in localizing BrowserID?

Peter Pin-Guang Chen
zh-TW joining, please count me in :)

BTW, why not use Webby to let locales opt-in?

Thanks,

Peter

2012/1/17 Matjaz Horvat <[hidden email]>

> Hi friends,
>
> As most of you already know, Mozilla is set to launch an innovative
> approach to identity over the coming weeks and months. You can read more
> about what is currently called BrowserID here:
> https://browserid.org/about
>
> It is already implemented on some Mozilla sites, e.g. MDN:
> https://developer.mozilla.org/
>
> I'm writing to you on behalf of the BrowserID team, who is trying to get an
> idea of how many locales they can ship with their first release. BrowserID
> is our first Node.js-based application, so we're currently working on the
> i18n support. I cannot give you any release dates and l10n deadlines yet,
> but I can provide you with the amount of strings that will have to be
> translated. You can expect this number to be around 200.
>
> Just to make sure you all understand how important BrowserID is for
> Mozilla, I'd like to point you to two related blog posts Mitchell Baker and
> Ben Adida posted recently.
>
> Mitchell Baker: User Sovereignty for our Data
> http://blog.lizardwrangler.com/2012/01/13/user-sovereignty-for-our-data/
>
> Ben Adida: Mozilla to Offer New User-Centric Services in 2012
>
> https://blog.mozilla.com/privacy/2012/01/13/mozilla-to-offer-new-user-centric-services-in-2012/
>
> So -- which locales are in for BrowserID localization?
>
> Cheers,
> Matjaž

Re: Who is interested in localizing BrowserID?

reader-5
(12/01/17 2:52), Matjaz Horvat wrote:
> So -- which locales are in for BrowserID localization?

Japanese too.

I'll give presentation about Apps and BrowserID in this weekend. ;)

Re: Who is interested in localizing BrowserID?

文少华
just treid to login to MDN with browserID, please count zh-CN in.

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 1:52 AM, Matjaz Horvat <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> As most of you already know, Mozilla is set to launch an innovative
> approach to identity over the coming weeks and months. You can read more
> about what is currently called BrowserID here:
> https://browserid.org/about
>
> It is already implemented on some Mozilla sites, e.g. MDN:
> https://developer.mozilla.org/
>
> I'm writing to you on behalf of the BrowserID team, who is trying to get an
> idea of how many locales they can ship with their first release. BrowserID
> is our first Node.js-based application, so we're currently working on the
> i18n support. I cannot give you any release dates and l10n deadlines yet,
> but I can provide you with the amount of strings that will have to be
> translated. You can expect this number to be around 200.
>
> Just to make sure you all understand how important BrowserID is for
> Mozilla, I'd like to point you to two related blog posts Mitchell Baker and
> Ben Adida posted recently.
>
> Mitchell Baker: User Sovereignty for our Data
> http://blog.lizardwrangler.com/2012/01/13/user-sovereignty-for-our-data/
>
> Ben Adida: Mozilla to Offer New User-Centric Services in 2012
>
> https://blog.mozilla.com/privacy/2012/01/13/mozilla-to-offer-new-user-centric-services-in-2012/
>
> So -- which locales are in for BrowserID localization?
>
> Cheers,
> Matjaž

Re: Who is interested in localizing BrowserID?

Julen Ruiz Aizpuru
eu wants to be in.

Re: Who is interested in localizing BrowserID?

Gion-Andri Cantieni
+Romansh (rm)
cheers!

2012/1/16 Matjaz Horvat <[hidden email]>:

> Hi friends,
>
> As most of you already know, Mozilla is set to launch an innovative
> approach to identity over the coming weeks and months. You can read more
> about what is currently called BrowserID here:
> https://browserid.org/about
>
> It is already implemented on some Mozilla sites, e.g. MDN:
> https://developer.mozilla.org/
>
> I'm writing to you on behalf of the BrowserID team, who is trying to get an
> idea of how many locales they can ship with their first release. BrowserID
> is our first Node.js-based application, so we're currently working on the
> i18n support. I cannot give you any release dates and l10n deadlines yet,
> but I can provide you with the amount of strings that will have to be
> translated. You can expect this number to be around 200.
>
> Just to make sure you all understand how important BrowserID is for
> Mozilla, I'd like to point you to two related blog posts Mitchell Baker and
> Ben Adida posted recently.
>
> Mitchell Baker: User Sovereignty for our Data
> http://blog.lizardwrangler.com/2012/01/13/user-sovereignty-for-our-data/
>
> Ben Adida: Mozilla to Offer New User-Centric Services in 2012
> https://blog.mozilla.com/privacy/2012/01/13/mozilla-to-offer-new-user-centric-services-in-2012/
>
> So -- which locales are in for BrowserID localization?
>
> Cheers,
> Matjaž

Gion-Andri Cantieni
Segantinistr. 130
8049 Turitg/Zürich

077 / 429 94 42

Re: Who is interested in localizing BrowserID?

alessio.gastaldi@libero.it
Add

---Ligurian (lij)

Bye

F Wolff-2

Op Ma, 2012-01-16 om 18:52 +0100 skryf Matjaz Horvat:
> So -- which locales are in for BrowserID localization?

I'd like to opt in for Afrikaans (af), but please don't hold me to it if
I don't find the time :-)

Friedel

--
Recently on my blog:
http://translate.org.za/blogs/friedel/en/content/firefox-maybe-now-most-popular-africa

Re: Who is interested in localizing BrowserID?

Selim Şumlu-2
Count Turkish in.

Re: Who is interested in localizing BrowserID?

Mohomodou Houssouba
Count Songhay [son] in, please. – It always feels good to add to the pain:)
Mohomodou

Re: Who is interested in localizing BrowserID?

Matjaz Horvat
Thank you guys!

In just 24 hours more locales opted in for BrowserID localization than
Firefox 1.0 was released in!

I'll get back to you once we have the strings, deadlines and tools (PO ->
Pootle) ready.

-Matjaž

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Mohomodou Houssouba <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Count Songhay [son] in, please. – It always feels good to add to the pain:)
> Mohomodou

Re: Who is interested in localizing BrowserID?

Marek Stępień-4
On 16 Sty, 18:52, Matjaz Horvat <[hidden email]> wrote:
> So -- which locales are in for BrowserID localization?

pl is in, of course. :)