Where is the Calendar in "Lightning"?

Peter Lairo
I just downloaded the nightly build of Lightning(1). After loading it,
it looks just like Thunderbird, but I couldnt find anywhere in the UI
where to open a calendar. :-\

am I misunderstanding something? Do I also have to install lightning.xpi
into the "special" version of Thunderbird? (I'll try that now...) If so,
why isn't the XPI pre-packaged into the "special"(?) Thunderbird installer?

(1)
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/calendar/lightning/nightly/latest-trunk/
--
Peter Lairo

This is a *developer* newsgroup. For end-user discussion and peer
support please go to:
snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.mozilla.user.general (make
sure "SSL" is enabled)
Posting Rulz: http://www.mozilla.org/community-etiquette.html#conventions
Mozilla FAQ:  http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.0/faq/

Re: Where is the Calendar in "Lightning"?

Peter Lairo
Peter Lairo wrote on 05.12.2005 12:46:
> Do I also have to install lightning.xpi into the "special" version of
> Thunderbird? (I'll try that now...)

That was it. The XPI needs to be installed too. <slaps forehead>

> If so, why isn't the XPI pre-packaged into the "special"(?)
> Thunderbird  installer?

That question still remains valid...

BTW: There isn't much space for the e-mail & newsgroups folders, with
the calendar taking up about half the vertical space in the left pane.
Wouldn't it be better to have a toggle, something *like* this:

+-----------------+-----------------------------------
| Mail Folders  \/|
| +-----------------+
| | Mail Folders    |  <--- Dropdown to select/toggle mail & calendar
| | Calendar        |
| +-----------------+
|  [] Templates   |
|  [] Sent        |
|  ...            |
+-----------------+-----------------------------------
--
Peter Lairo

This is a *developer* newsgroup. For end-user discussion and peer
support please go to:
snews://secnews.netscape.com:563/netscape.mozilla.user.general (make
sure "SSL" is enabled)
Posting Rulz: http://www.mozilla.org/community-etiquette.html#conventions
Mozilla FAQ:  http://www.mozilla.org/start/1.0/faq/

Re: Where is the Calendar in "Lightning"?

Joey Minta
Peter Lairo wrote:

> Peter Lairo wrote on 05.12.2005 12:46:
>> Do I also have to install lightning.xpi into the "special" version of
>> Thunderbird? (I'll try that now...)
>
> That was it. The XPI needs to be installed too. <slaps forehead>
>
>> If so, why isn't the XPI pre-packaged into the "special"(?)
>> Thunderbird  installer?
>
> That question still remains valid...
The standard mozilla build process does not allow for automatically
including extensions as installed in the program.  Since the tinderbox
is designed mostly to test code compiling, adding in a bunch of special
stuff to get the extension into TB automatically sounds like trouble to
me.  Furthermore, since the nightly builds are designed for testers
rather than end-users, this doesn't seem like too much of a burden.